[MXLS] Town Portals & Identification

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
szumigajowy
Stygian Watcher
40 | 4
LHawkins1 wrote:
Stealthmaster wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:I can see how it'd be useful, but it's fun sometimes to fill a cube of items and ID all at once.

Maybe SU, SSU and SSSU item texts will have different colors? So you can always say 'wow' when a rare item is dropped aka make it noticeable. That would be nice, imo.

Ye, but I mean like the moment when you see an Ancient Armor or something drop and it's sitting in your inventory unid'd. You send a message to your friends, saying, "unid'd Khazra," and that little relief or disappointment moment when you ID it.

I guess I'm just not sure how this new idea works. Does the item still appear as.. for example: Ancient Armor (Sacred) and then upon putting it in your inventory, it ID's itself?

You're right ;)
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
LHawkins1 wrote:Is this to help clear inventory space and discourage charm trading for more people to play endgame themselves? I feel like it might be annoying at times to immediately see what item dropped without the suspense of, "Maybe it's SBS or just SotS", etc.

I can see how it'd be useful, but it's fun sometimes to fill a cube of items and ID all at once.

Oh we can definetly see why some people would like to keep the ID system. But personally, I don't think it adds anything substantial to the game. "It's fun to put unidentified items in the cube and identify them all at once" seems like a poor justification of the system.

The gratification you get from identifying items is now obtained directly as soon as the item drops and you see what it is. Having to click the scroll everytime or go back to town seems dumb after 18 years since diablo exists.

It's still not decided how items will display the first time they drop (regarding uniques/sets) - if possible, we will keep just the base item without the name until you pick it up. But the whole identifying process will be removed for sure.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It makes sense. I'm not saying it should stay because I like filling my cube :D That'd be silly.

I like the TP idea. Since it already appears in the hotkey panel, removing the tome frees up some space. Is nice. :thumb:
fakme
Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Marco wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote: if possible, we will keep just the base item without the name until you pick it up. But the whole identifying process will be removed for sure.

Seems like the ultimate solution!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Akak_ wrote:wow expect too huge names all over the screen?

I think it will come like in LRdO - name preffixes and suffixes will be deleted. so all items except sets and uniqs will have just item class in their name doesn't matter magic it, rare or crafted.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco, might as well give everyone free key, repair item, recharge staff charges, replenish life / mana to full and innate teleport

:P
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I think free repair and free merc res is something that we need.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
iwansquall wrote:Marco, might as well give everyone free key, repair item, recharge staff charges, replenish life / mana to full and innate teleport

Don't forget all enemies should die by looking at me and pick up all useful items automatically.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
will miss the cheese... but thats about it. its an improvement
nice to see some updates again marco :D
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If cube recipe can do different outcome based on identified or not identified cube ingredient, we can do interesting stuff with it (like chaos recipe in Path of exile)

1. Unidentified set = give 2 signet
2. Unidentified rare full gear set = something interesting here
3. Unidentified SU = even more goodies (since it might be a SSU or SSSU or SSSSU)

how about that?