Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
jwei92 wrote:Alright sir bojac, i need your help.

This is my gear: https://imgur.com/a/Aj8Im

And I am having such a hard time, tons of things can pretty much one shot me, for example, binding of baal, the horadic mages pretty much could oneshot me.

I have my resistances 80/82/80/82 and ~324k without Bear Stance, 383k with stance.

I don't do enough damage to even kill the tree wardens in Toraja jungles either.

Question is, how do I stop being so dang squishy?

Like quillbears can take half my health, and I have Blessed Life. (54%/204)

Do you have all the + maximum levels? It really helps to max blessed life. Your crafted gear should be crafted with creepy shrines and blessed with creepy for as much %str and flat str as possible. You can use Quiet Shrines for your crafts until you get Creepy shrines. Also if you can try to get +3-4 pala skills on your helm and burning veil proc on your gloves, all of your crafts should have ED rolled on them, then MO the rest of the ED up until you get 200%. After that MO movement speed and/or reanimates. You can MO flat str to reach the 118 or 120 req. As for your sockets, try to fill them with crafted jewels instead of runes or gems. Try to craft 4-5 life and mana leech jewels with either life or %stats and either Attack speed to get the best frames, faster hit recovery to cap your frames, movement speed and attack rating. After that craft the rest of the jewels with lem runes for +all attributes % str or %attributes life attack rating. Also try to get res on your gear until you can get the res from your charms so you can put flat DR and flat Def on your rings and ammy. Always use colosseum for tanky targets, keep up solar flare and vindicate, also keep up 5 hoplites. If you havent already make sure you gear up an a3 merc just like i said in my guide. Hope it helps and sorry for the delay, i was sleeping.
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
jwei92 wrote:Alright sir bojac, i need your help.

This is my gear: https://imgur.com/a/Aj8Im

And I am having such a hard time, tons of things can pretty much one shot me, for example, binding of baal, the horadic mages pretty much could oneshot me.

I have my resistances 80/82/80/82 and ~324k without Bear Stance, 383k with stance.

I don't do enough damage to even kill the tree wardens in Toraja jungles either.

Question is, how do I stop being so dang squishy?

Like quillbears can take half my health, and I have Blessed Life. (54%/204)

Stats of mine , I can nearly do anything in game (not tried "impossible" quest)

My gear is:

- Full
Yaerius' Grey Omen
Yaerius' Grey Omen
(Paladin Neutral Set)

Yaerius' Simulacrum
Yaerius' Mediation
Yaerius' Untruth
Yaerius' Alembic

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+20% to Spell Damage

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+50% Damage to Vessel of Justice
+50% Damage to Vessel of Retribution
50% Bonus to Defense

Set Bonus with complete set:
+30% Damage to Vessel of Justice
+30% Damage to Vessel of Retribution
+5000 Defense
+250 to all Attributes
+1000 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

socketed with fhr/stats jools and mo'ed def and LL jools/Attack rating for weapon (2x
Ten Pin Striker
Ten Pin Striker
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% to Strength
Target Takes Additional Damage of 100
+10 Required Level
)
- Amu
Beads of the Snake Queen
Beads of the Snake Queen
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
4% Chance to cast level 33 Scorpion Blade on Kill
Adds 5-10 Damage
Stun Attack
+(200 to 500) Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
+100 Life after each Kill

- Ring
Seal of the Nephalem Kings
Seal of the Nephalem Kings
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
(10 to 15)% to Strength
(10 to 15)% to Vitality
(10 to 15)% Bonus to Defense
(10 to 20)% Gold Find
and
Assur's Bane

- boots
Nephilim
Nephilim
Boots

'ZodThul'
Runeword Level: 85
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Defense
+50 to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Strength
+50 to Vitality
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
Cold Resist +25%
+15 Life after each Kill

Base 300vita and all the rest in str
It's really really solid for that cheap build , I can farm most of charm with some confort
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You have your breakpoint on FHR ? Some mobs, including those that you mention can stun'ock you easily with the morph strangely. Especially Khazra Clans in Torajan jungles. I always Colloseum on mobs that can do this to prevent the issue. Got 50% dr with Blessed Life ?

Edit: You call THAT a cheap build :shock:

Also why Yaerius set ? Cinacide is built for melee and would suit your needs much better imo. If you don't have it, mid game runewords with Ber crafted jewels are a solid alternative.

Question for OP. How in the name of %#@$ are you supposed to do soul of wrath now ? With Smaxed sacred armor and as much magic resistance as I can get my hands on, I instadie. Proc from SU short staff have been modified, so this strat ain't viable anymore.
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
Johnny Impak wrote:You have your breakpoint on FHR ? Some mobs, including those that you mention can stun'ock you easily with the morph strangely. Especially Khazra Clans in Torajan jungles. I always Colloseum on mobs that can do this to prevent the issue. Got 50% dr with Blessed Life ?

Also why Yaerius set ? Cinacide is built for melee and would suit your needs much better imo. If you don't have it, mid game runewords with Ber crafted jewels are a solid alternative.

Question for OP. How in the name of %#@$ are you supposed to do soul of wrath now ? With Smaxed sacred armor and as much magic resistance as I can get my hands on, I instadie. Proc from SU short staff have been modified, so this strat ain't viable anymore.

I have 155 fhr and yes there are sometimes where I get stunlock and sometimes don't
Yaerius is better since the nerf of the slow but it's only my opinion, I tried both and yaerius give same dmg and a bit less crushing blow but better tanking
Yaerius' Xyston
look at this strenght bonus ! strenght is more dmg and more life in holy mellee
aguni
Rust Claw
80 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@Bojac with the nerf to Incarnation leech this patch are you putting some points into it to get that base up from 5%?
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
aguni wrote:@Bojac with the nerf to Incarnation leech this patch are you putting some points into it to get that base up from 5%?

Yeah i put 7 points to get the exact value of leech pre-nerf.

Johnny Impak wrote:You have your breakpoint on FHR ? Some mobs, including those that you mention can stun'ock you easily with the morph strangely. Especially Khazra Clans in Torajan jungles. I always Colloseum on mobs that can do this to prevent the issue. Got 50% dr with Blessed Life ?

I havent attempted void yet, will reply with a solution when i get there.
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times

Idk how to use the speed calc, so what are the IAS and FHR breakpoints
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I don't know either lol. I usually calculate 200% and call it a day. I know the dragonknight morph also changes the values. Someone may be able to help you here, and me brw
Anko
Skeleton
2 | 0
The FHR and IAS breakpoints are going to be dependent on how much FHR and IAS you get from Rapture since increased speeds gained from character skills are calculated differently to that gained from items. Also your IAS breakpoints are going to be dependent on the weapon speed modifier of the weapon you're using, for example all Hand of God weapons have a WSM of 40 which greatly increases the necessary IAS to hit frame 7 attack speed in dragonform.

To work out your exact needed character speeds, open SpeedCalc, on the top left corner where it says select class, select Dragonform (Assuming you're using it). Next in the box that says "Mainhand weapon parameters" under WSM enter the weapon speed modifier of your weapon, you can find the exact value on this website by going to documentation -> items -> base items. Next in the box that says "Attack1 animation" enter the IAS you get from Rapture in "Skill IAS" and enter the IAS you get from gear/charms in "Other item IAS". The result should tell you what frame you're currently attacking and how much more item IAS you need to get to a faster frame of attack. Do the same thing in the "Get hit animation" box with your FHR from skills/items to work out your FHR breakpoints.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Thanks for the explanation. Will try if to see if my random guesses were far from reality