Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
landrewb wrote:Is there Anything in the patch notes that makes this build less viable?

They apparently reworked unique items extensively - I wouldn't count on the ones the guide suggests being present or having the same stats. It'll take a while to rework the guide in light of the extensive changes to the game; until then, we're just going to have to guess at what makes an effective build.
polentassa
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm having a problem with mana, can't keep up leveling, any hint ?
velocity
Fallen
1 | 0
polentassa wrote:I'm having a problem with mana, can't keep up leveling, any hint ?

Buy a mystic orb with mana on attack, also Iron spiral should be lvl 6 to avoid having a large mana cost
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Tkorpi wrote:
antonius wrote:Hi, do you have any updates on eq? now I can use shrines and I would like to know if you have any advice on this, type of shrine and objects to look for. Thanks in advance and congratulations for the fantastic build

no updates on gear at the moment. waiting for sigma and will probably then update this guide as whole :)

heyo im just running an iron spiral barb and passed 120 now on kinda endgame areas content.

just using crafted abandoned/ ornate gear got pretty lucky on rolls like everywhere + all skills ncie ar dex and lightning also - lightning damage. using qaraks will wep purify ring. adrenaline ruish and klaatu barada nikto. pretty nice for 120+ but on dunc it seems its only makeable without any leech im just having 333 life after kill from wep and it helps a lot if the monster dies quickly but in 3p+ game or so damage kinda seems lacky. im having with bear stance iron damage up to 7.5k with lion stance im on 8,5k iron but -20 phys and with my current bear im on +21 so for dunc im using bear. now the thing: cause on sigma it seems life leech is really worth now. you mean i shall go for 30%+ leech and then having maybe 200k less defenese? having 12k life and with bear stance 1,4 milion defenese block on 3% signets just 33 thinking on late game for 75 mb with signets putting on strengh for base strengh about 600+ for gear. then all points into dex for like 2000+ dex also to optimizing even better abandoned crafted gear with more ar and dex boni. i would say having 40%+ phys res 10k+ hp and 1 mio + defenese with like 400 life after each kill + shall be enough for survivng well even in 6p + dunc?

just a quick update for my current iron so that u can know maybe when you updating your build for sigma how it seems nowdays with it:D im just knowning me and another friend running iron all other barbs i see run death or summon. but we both stay on pure iron ! :D
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jovoman wrote:
heyo im just running an iron spiral barb and passed 120 now on kinda endgame areas content.

just using crafted abandoned/ ornate gear got pretty lucky on rolls like everywhere + all skills ncie ar dex and lightning also - lightning damage. using qaraks will wep purify ring. adrenaline ruish and klaatu barada nikto. pretty nice for 120+ but on dunc it seems its only makeable without any leech im just having 333 life after kill from wep and it helps a lot if the monster dies quickly but in 3p+ game or so damage kinda seems lacky. im having with bear stance iron damage up to 7.5k with lion stance im on 8,5k iron but -20 phys and with my current bear im on +21 so for dunc im using bear. now the thing: cause on sigma it seems life leech is really worth now. you mean i shall go for 30%+ leech and then having maybe 200k less defenese? having 12k life and with bear stance 1,4 milion defenese block on 3% signets just 33 thinking on late game for 75 mb with signets putting on strengh for base strengh about 600+ for gear. then all points into dex for like 2000+ dex also to optimizing even better abandoned crafted gear with more ar and dex boni. i would say having 40%+ phys res 10k+ hp and 1 mio + defenese with like 400 life after each kill + shall be enough for survivng well even in 6p + dunc?

just a quick update for my current iron so that u can know maybe when you updating your build for sigma how it seems nowdays with it:D im just knowning me and another friend running iron all other barbs i see run death or summon. but we both stay on pure iron ! :D

Thank you for the feedback. im not working on this guide at the moment but it seems that iron spiral in this patch is better than in last one. also new
Kaskara of the Taan
Kaskara of the Taan
Spatha (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (92 - 105) to (216 - 310)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
+100% Bonus Magic Damage to Spiral Dance
+(120 to 200) to Maximum Damage
Adds (100 to 200)-(400 to 500) Magic Damage
+(100 to 130)% Enhanced Damage
+(7 to 14) to Wolf Companion (Barbarian Only)
+(7 to 14) to Mountain King (Barbarian Only)
+(15 to 19) to Spiral Dance
(20 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)
with some -enemy resi would be pretty neat to try out :) i think those stats you mentioned should get you around dunc easily tho :)
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Donated 25 times
Tkorpi wrote:
Jovoman wrote:

Thank you for the feedback. im not working on this guide at the moment but it seems that iron spiral in this patch is better than in last one. also new
Kaskara of the Taan
Kaskara of the Taan
Spatha (Sacred)

(Barbarian Only)
(20 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)
with some -enemy resi would be pretty neat to try out :) i think those stats you mentioned should get you around dunc easily tho :)

you welcome :D yeah that sword also i found yesterday ill try it out but maybe it lacks cause of no really leech. i will test it out and let you know here in this thread how the sword works actually im trying to give you as much feedback as i can in the next few days about it :D piece
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Donated 25 times
Jovoman wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
Jovoman wrote:

Kaskara of the Taan
Kaskara of the Taan
Spatha (Sacred)

(Barbarian Only)
(20 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)

you welcome :D yeah that sword also i found yesterday ill try it out but maybe it lacks cause of no really leech. i will test it out and let you know here in this thread how the sword works actually im trying to give you as much feedback as i can in the next few days about it :D piece

quick update:

if you buff yourself with bloodlust proc from qaraks will SU gianz sword. and then switch to the new blade you will have pure + 2k more iron dmg

in base form the new sword gives like 1,5k more iron dmg but when on qaraks will bloodlust is active dmg of both are same

but as i said if you buff first with bloodlust from qarak and then switch to the new sword you will grant an extra +2k cause the bloodlust lvl 36 from qaraks will proc still lasts even if you switch the sword out :D
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Donated 25 times
Jovoman wrote:
Jovoman wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
Jovoman wrote:

Kaskara of the Taan
Kaskara of the Taan
Spatha (Sacred)

(Barbarian Only)
(20 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)

quick update:

if you buff yourself with bloodlust proc from qaraks will SU gianz sword. and then switch to the new blade you will have pure + 2k more iron dmg

in base form the new sword gives like 1,5k more iron dmg but when on qaraks will bloodlust is active dmg of both are same

but as i said if you buff first with bloodlust from qarak and then switch to the new sword you will grant an extra +2k cause the bloodlust lvl 36 from qaraks will proc still lasts even if you switch the sword out :D

but the buff from blodlust didnt last so long so id say qaraks will for more survivability and the new sword for more damage but more damage means = less damage taken cause mobs dies earlier but y^^
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
where you find this fantastic items? only hell?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
antonius wrote:where you find this fantastic items? only hell?

sacred unique items are only from hell difficulty