Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

kaksu
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Hey all!

Im fairly new to this game and was following this guide. Beaten Terror without any problems but im lacking dmg 500-2,2k and cant kill anybody in Dest... Im now 120lvl and gear: Gehenna in Great Sword, Erawan and Nasrudin and TUs. What im doing wrong? My friend uses Deathgaze and hes wrecking everything like nothing and he has same gear as mine (same rws (axe ofc) and tus, stats may vary)

Can some one help newb?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kaksu wrote:Hey all!

Im fairly new to this game and was following this guide. Beaten Terror without any problems but im lacking dmg 500-2,2k and cant kill anybody in Dest... Im now 120lvl and gear: Gehenna in Great Sword, Erawan and Nasrudin and TUs. What im doing wrong? My friend uses Deathgaze and hes wrecking everything like nothing and he has same gear as mine (same rws (axe ofc) and tus, stats may vary)

Can some one help newb?

well deathgaze is better with gehenna and does naturally also mode damage than iron spiral. send me your skill build so i can see what to improve :)
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Writing in second time, first attemp was ignored. A GLADIATOR SET (those with sword and a shield) - is beastly strong for that current build. A bit struggling in fauzt, just a tiny bit. With set i using knight grace boots, dementia belt, black dwarf amulet, bad mood ring. Set is good for farming and for bosses.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
So, I've been trying to use this build and I think I messed up somehow. I can do most of Terror fine, but going into the Torajan Jungles gets me dead in a hurry, and trying to do any uberquests is simply not viable. Iron Spiral doesn't seem to do enough damage to kill most anything in a reasonable time frame, and Stormblast's damage varies wildly from nearly oneshotting anything I hit to barely scratching basic mooks, even during the same fight - as in, I hit an enemy, take seventy or eighty percent of its life points with my first three attacks, then successive attacks all deal single digit percent damage to them for the next few seconds or until I run away because everything that hits me seems to take at least a third of my life points per hit, when I have 75% all res but magic and five thousand life.

I'll admit that my gear is probably pretty bad. I'm using Skarn in a Kriegsmesser (t5), the Invictus shield (t6) with resistance runes, Nasrudin in an Avenger Guard, the Shroud Royal (t6) armour with assorted runes and two jewels, Megalith in a pair of sacred chain boots, Featherclaw (t6) gloves with resistance and stat boost runes, a Deadfall (t6) belt with a poison res rune and a jewel... but my rings and amulet are just random rares that I found because I can't seem to get any uniques that aren't crap, and since I can't do K3K I have some difficulty getting my hands on good runes.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some suggestions on how to get better at this game, because it was rather enjoyable until I got into late act 3 Terror.
LeOsTyLe
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I did some days ago many tests with "crap" gear (t6 uniques, normal runewords) and i testet many skill plans. like iron spiral, deathgaze, summenor, stampade, the t6 charm build from aerial and the die hard build from chucknorris. At for me the best for bad gear was the follow:

max immortal
max runemaster
1 thundergod (i did not because i dont did blackraod)
10 wolf companion
max spirit guide
max bearstance
6 deathgaze
1 thunderslam
the rest skill points you put the follow. make anicnets blood to level 4, than you have +1 max possbile skill level and you can put new point into immortal, runemaster, spirit guie and bearstance. When you still have point make ancients blood to level 8 points and put another into into immortal, runemaster, spirit guie and bearstance, and so on.

str = for items
dex = non
vita = rest
energy = non

your items are ok just go kra runeword in a sacred body armor with many def and change weapon to unique t6 Valaska, no shield.
Runes in weapon = jah
crafted lifeleech Juwels in armor/helm, in the rest items you put resistance runes or runes with you get the next speed breakpoint e.g. for attack speed
mystic orbs; weapon = damage%, attack rating%, life leech%; the armor parts with big defense = defense%; rest = defense%, faster run%, resistance%, magif find, faster hit recovery something like that.

With this i have in the most farming spots 5% to be hitten. In Duncraig like 9%. (destruction)

Playstyle. right click permanently bearstance, left click you switch between deathgaze and thunderslam. normaly deathgaze, when a big horde is coming thunderslam to stun them and than start to deathgaze them.

You can try farming k3k terror with this build. once you hit high levels and have many skills put into runemaster, spirit guide and bearstance, etc. it will be very easy.

Edit: A tip for finding items. Use the notifier function of d2statreader. when you looking for a good kra runeword armor add a new line "Ancient Armor" sacred
it will notifier you when the item drops.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
GreyRook wrote:So, I've been trying to use this build and I think I messed up somehow. I can do most of Terror fine, but going into the Torajan Jungles gets me dead in a hurry, and trying to do any uberquests is simply not viable. Iron Spiral doesn't seem to do enough damage to kill most anything in a reasonable time frame, and Stormblast's damage varies wildly from nearly oneshotting anything I hit to barely scratching basic mooks, even during the same fight - as in, I hit an enemy, take seventy or eighty percent of its life points with my first three attacks, then successive attacks all deal single digit percent damage to them for the next few seconds or until I run away because everything that hits me seems to take at least a third of my life points per hit, when I have 75% all res but magic and five thousand life.

Tkorpi: Use Stormblast on monsters. You have Crushing blow wich makes part of monster life as damage. when monster is slow it doesnt do that much damage anymore but still should be able to finnish monsters off if you have enough AR to hit those monsters.

I'll admit that my gear is probably pretty bad. I'm using Skarn in a Kriegsmesser (t5), the Invictus shield (t6) with resistance runes, Nasrudin in an Avenger Guard, the Shroud Royal (t6) armour with assorted runes and two jewels, Megalith in a pair of sacred chain boots, Featherclaw (t6) gloves with resistance and stat boost runes, a Deadfall (t6) belt with a poison res rune and a jewel... but my rings and amulet are just random rares that I found because I can't seem to get any uniques that aren't crap, and since I can't do K3K I have some difficulty getting my hands on good runes.

Tkorpi: Your items surely needs some twinking as your defense seems very low. you should be able to run K3K with bearstance atleast on terror difficulty with ease.

Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
LeOsTyLe wrote:I did some days ago many tests with "crap" gear (t6 uniques, normal runewords) and i testet many skill plans. like iron spiral, deathgaze, summenor, stampade, the t6 charm build from aerial and the die hard build from chucknorris. At for me the best for bad gear was the follow:

Dunno why you made Guide within a guide but good job ^^ glad you found your way of playing the game. thing with these builds are you shouldn't use these guides as a bible for median. There is many builds and playstyles to get into and test to find your own :)
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:Writing in second time, first attemp was ignored. A GLADIATOR SET (those with sword and a shield) - is beastly strong for that current build. A bit struggling in fauzt, just a tiny bit. With set i using knight grace boots, dementia belt, black dwarf amulet, bad mood ring. Set is good for farming and for bosses.

yes this set works fine also. Even better if you are lucky enough to get knight grace , dementia and bad mood rings ^^ but those are very pricy and to farm a set in early game is not the most pleasent thing to do.

But yes it works :)
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Tkorpi wrote:Tkorpi: Use Stormblast on monsters. You have Crushing blow wich makes part of monster life as damage. when monster is slow it doesnt do that much damage anymore but still should be able to finnish monsters off if you have enough AR to hit those monsters.

My average chance to hit a given enemy seems to hover about 90/95 percent most of the time, but I tend to be a bit too busy to check in the middle of a fight. Hitting a target isn't usually a problem, dealing damage to them seems to be really random for some reason.

Also, what do you mean when you say "when monster is slow"? Most of the things I fight seem to be relatively slow. Bear in mind that I'm a scrub.

Tkorpi: Your items surely needs some twinking as your defense seems very low. you should be able to run K3K with bearstance atleast on terror difficulty with ease.

You say I should twink, but unfortunately, this character is the most advanced I have at level 114. My defense is about 52k with Wolf stance, and 179k with Bear stance. In neither case is k3k possible for me to survive, never mind clear. Even if I manage to survive long enough to get past the Teganze Jungles with their enemies who take thirty or fourty percent of my health per hit with a fifty percent chance to hit, the skeletons in k3k range from being powerful but semi-managable to even small groups being overwhelming depending on how the dice happen to land.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi, do you have any updates on eq? now I can use shrines and I would like to know if you have any advice on this, type of shrine and objects to look for. Thanks in advance and congratulations for the fantastic build