Ancients' Hand Daggermancer - In Progress

BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
L H wrote:You'll want the highest base armors for this build for more defense and we are able to equip them fairly easily. In my videos, I used a gothic plate and heavy boots, simply cause I didn't have an ancient armor or greaves at the time. You should aim for all the highest bases though. Ancient Armor, plated belt, greaves, etc.

Excellent, thanks! A tangential question: do you skimp on putting points in strength and let Deathlord make up for it, and if so, does that put you at risk of losing gear if your inventory is full when you die?

L H wrote:If I'm wearing Khazra, yes I used Deathlord to abuse the Str bonus, but otherwise, you should only need like 100 pts in Str to equip most gear.
Honestly, it'll be pretty difficult to lose your gear at this point since your body respawns in town and it's hard to miss.

Great, thanks for taking the time to answer my noobie questions!
Edited by BTracer 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BTracer wrote:
L H wrote:You'll want the highest base armors for this build for more defense and we are able to equip them fairly easily. In my videos, I used a gothic plate and heavy boots, simply cause I didn't have an ancient armor or greaves at the time. You should aim for all the highest bases though. Ancient Armor, plated belt, greaves, etc.

Excellent, thanks! A tangential question: do you skimp on putting points in strength and let Deathlord make up for it, and if so, does that put you at risk of losing gear if your inventory is full when you die?

If I'm wearing Khazra, yes I used Deathlord to abuse the Str bonus, but otherwise, you should only need like 100 pts in Str to equip most gear.

Honestly, it'll be pretty difficult to lose your gear at this point since your body respawns in town and it's hard to miss.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
For SpeedCalc, is it just '1H Swing' when using Deathlord? Any other special instructions for using any of the other fields in SpeedCalc?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BTracer wrote:For SpeedCalc, is it just '1H Swing' when using Deathlord? Any other special instructions for using any of the other fields in SpeedCalc?

I don't use speedcalc. I have no idea. It's just a regular dagger attack in death lord morph. However that works.
You get skill iAs from dark power, so add that in. The rest, I don't know how it works
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Very nice build, and definitely your own. I like seeing original builds. will cookie when I can.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:
BTracer wrote:For SpeedCalc, is it just '1H Swing' when using Deathlord? Any other special instructions for using any of the other fields in SpeedCalc?

I don't use speedcalc. I have no idea. It's just a regular dagger attack in death lord morph. However that works.
You get skill iAs from dark power, so add that in. The rest, I don't know how it works

Deathlord's primary attack animation is called "fist". Most skills will use this animation regardless of the weapon being used (while morphed). The only notable difference is the weapon speed modifier (WSM) for the weapon being used. Speeds are listed by weapon type in the link below. The lower the value, the faster the weapon is. If a weapon has a speed modifier, enter the value into the corresponding box in the Mainhand weapon parameters section of the calc to get the correct break points. If a value isn't listed, the wsm is zero and doesn't need to be changed. Daggers have lower WSMs which means they require much less IAS to hit lower break points.

Other than that, if a guy had a skill that granted attack speed, that could be entered into the Skill IAS box in the Attack animation 1 section to get the correct values. Skills like Dark Power, Wolf Stance, Rapture and Ancient Blood are some examples of skills that grant attack speed.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Fumbles wrote:Deathlord's primary attack animation is called "fist". Most skills will use this animation regardless of the weapon being used (while morphed). The only notable difference is the weapon speed modifier (WSM) for the weapon being used. Speeds are listed by weapon type in the link below. The lower the value, the faster the weapon is. If a weapon has a speed modifier, enter the value into the corresponding box in the Mainhand weapon parameters section of the calc to get the correct break points. If a value isn't listed, the wsm is zero and doesn't need to be changed. Daggers have lower WSMs which means they require much less IAS to hit lower break points.

Other than that, if a guy had a skill that granted attack speed, that could be entered into the Skill IAS box in the Attack animation 1 section to get the correct values. Skills like Dark Power, Wolf Stance, Rapture and Ancient Blood are some examples of skills that grant attack speed.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. Just to confirm, in SpeedCalc if I put the settings to Necro, Fist, and the correct WSM, all the other fields will be correct (FCR/FBR/FHR)?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Deathlord is three spots lower than Necromancer in the class menu. FBR and FHR are good. The morph doesn't have a separate animation for casting so it uses the fist animation as well.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Fumbles wrote:Deathlord is three spots lower than Necromancer in the class menu. FBR and FHR are good. The morph doesn't have a separate animation for casting so it uses the fist animation as well.

Well, now I feel stupid :) Thanks again!

For Informational purposes (Deathlord):

Dagger/Dirk --> -30 WSM
    Total IAS for 6 frames : 68
Kriss/Blade --> -20 WSM
    Total IAS for 6 frames : 95
Spirit Edge --> -15 WSM
    Total IAS for 6 frames : 113
FBR/FHR (In Deathlord morph)
    Total FBR for 6 frames : 250
    Total FHR for 4 frames 174
Edited by BTracer 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just to clarify. You should be checking for spirit edge, not Kriss or blade or dagger, etc. make sure you're using the proper WSM, and also including the skill iAs from dark power and endgame wolf stance.