Mana Feedback Sorceress [1.2]

Staedtler82
Rust Claw
86 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Solfege wrote:Glad you're getting some use out of the guide. I also think Poison/Lightning is the way to go now with this build, so it's good to hear it's working for you.

Feel free to post updates on your progress. This time of year is super busy for me, so I probably won't have time to update this guide (but I will try).

I want help you too
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yeah man, feel free to post updates on your experiences, too. The more knowledge available to the community, the stronger the community becomes.

Looks like you're staying with Lightning/Cold, so your experiences with that spec will be helpful to any newer players interested in trying Feedback Sorc.

Regarding some of your skill choices, I personally don't see a reason to smax Snow Queen or Warp Armor. The difference between 26 and 27 points in Warp Armor is zero extra Avoid and only a tiny increase in TCD. With Snow Queen, you stop gaining Life after 25 points, and you can get extra Defense from many other sources, if you need it.

I also think a point into Symbol of Esu is still a good idea for those rare occasions you need an immediate instaheal, but for whatever reason, Antimass is on CD. Even with 1.3 second CD Antimass, a simple moon cookie can be the difference between life and death.
Staedtler82
Rust Claw
86 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Update : Mid Gear can kill azmodan easy if you have amulet oskill hailstorm.

Snow Queen : just hit 25% max life then you dont need invest point in it. Also as Warp Armor, just get 15 % Avoid thats all.

The rest goes Antimass for decrease CD possible.
FaceMeltdown
Prowler
15 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yesterday i finally got some free time to play.
Getting Baal into the corner really sealed the deal , so thanks for that as well.It took me a couple of deaths to get used to Valthek , but after that the fight was smooth.Nothing too hard and tbh when i learned the labyrint , i was actually steamrolling the whole thing.Athana Khan was a different story thou . I really didn't feel like changing into dedicated gear , so i did rip quite some times . Since my life pool is super low pounce was actually the thing i died most , bcs at times i had to get out of range to dodge the nova (5 sec cd bcs of purify is just blah ). Now i gotta find dunc trophy to make it worth ....
All left now is Samael , Void and Laz . Ill definietly get some vit gear for void , but can you recommend something for laz? I haven't tried him yet , but i rather go prepared.
Also on a side note , i really don't find puting more pts into antimas do any good , unless you are farming cows.I find its current cd to be just okay and the best way to boost it is through cast speed (sometimes the spell is interupted even after the animation is over).I assume its just a matter of playstile.3 extra pts into symbol of esu gets you to that juicy 90% heal , wich is far more reliable at times . The rest i put into blade spirits , currently sitting on a 29k life , so gl killing them .
When i see the mele sorc guide i got the feeling there are 300 mele and 3 mana sorcs :) ...
Big thanks again and ill write down the progress asap .
FaceMeltdown
Prowler
15 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well i didn't want to ask , bcs i feel thats the dumest questions , but here i go :
Since our spells deal phys dmg , does deadly strike affects them , or it only affects attacks ?
And if i have 2 exact same cycles (6% and 6% cast speed large charms for example) do i get the cs from both?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Pretty sure that feedback spells arent affected by DS in median. In clod, warcry+druid tornado for instance, they deal physical but since they are considered spells and not a direct physical attack, %ed+DS isnt applied. But im not a feedback sorc expert so dont take my word for it, youre better off asking Solfege personally or testing it out yourself.
FaceMeltdown
Prowler
15 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Prime_Evil wrote:Pretty sure that feedback spells arent affected by DS in median. In clod, warcry+druid tornado for instance, they deal physical but since they are considered spells and not a direct physical attack, %ed+DS isnt applied. But im not a feedback sorc expert so dont take my word for it, youre better off asking Solfege personally or testing it out yourself.

I am 99% sure thats the case , but wanted to ask anyway . Just trying to figure out the best Mo i can use on my wep . 3x 200 mana UMO's or cast speed seems the best option so far.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@FaceMeltdown
Good to hear things are going well so far.

Re: Laz
Don't remember if I even tried Laz with this build, but generally, hitting your max BPs is probably the most important thing. Then making sure you have enough AR to actually hit him. And finally, 100% OW to increase Purify's damage per hit. Crafted jewels or Wolf Stance from
Auriel's Robe
Auriel's Robe
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7583 - 9229) to (8905 - 10882)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 650
Item Level: 120
50% Movement Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +100%
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
+3000 Defense vs. Missile
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
can take care of BPs. And
Hammerfist
Hammerfist
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1227 - 1450) to (1436 - 1697)
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 105
Adds (1 to 15)-(20 to 30) Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
+(15 to 25) to Spiral Dance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(30 to 60)%
+(120 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
Elemental Resists +15%
Socketed (4)
, 50% OW
Ripstar
Ripstar
Ring

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 60
+0.5625 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+20 Life on Melee Attack
, or
Akarat's Crucifix
will get you to 100% OW. Chronofield should provide enough Slow, but you can slow him down even more by using
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
(its %Slows Target stacks with Chronofield's slow).

Re: Antimass
I still don't think more than 1 point is necessary, especially if you're mostly using the Antimass/Mana Sweep combo. Even if you could get Antimass' CD to zero, it wouldn't do much good because you'd still have to wait for Mana Sweep to finish hitting all the enemies in the area before using it again, otherwise both your Life and Mana would replenish to full, which would throw off your rhythm.

Re: Feedback Spells
Feedback Spells don't carry any weapon-damage mods (ED, DS, etc.) as far as I can tell.

Re: MOs
If you're talking about
Glowing Vertigo
Glowing Vertigo
Smoked Sphere (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37 to 39
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 183
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
(80 to 100)% Cast Speed
+(20 to 25)% to Spell Damage
+(10 to 15) to Psicrown
+(100 to 150) to Energy
+(450 to 600) to Mana
Maximum Mana +40%
Elemental Resists -10%
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
+80 Life after each Kill
8% Weapon Damage Taken Restores Mana
Socketed (2)
, there's really not much in the way of MOs that are useful. I think 2x
Zayl's Soul Orb
Zayl's Soul Orb
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
2% to Energy
+100 to Mana
Half Freeze Duration
+10 Required Level
is probably the best, but you could go FCR, Minion boosts, or MF if finding 2 of the same UMO is too much trouble. It won't make or break the build either way.

Re: Melee vs. Feedback Sorcs
I think there are more Melee Sorcs vs. Feedback Sorcs because Melee is easier to play and more customizable in terms of spec, playstyle, and gear options (Feedback Sorc only has 2 dedicated gear pieces: a mid-level RW and an SSSU). I think there are more Melee Sorcs generally because you can actually play as a WDM build now. Plus, the extremely popular Lightning/Cold Caster has been getting the shaft fairly regularly in recent patches, so I'm sure some Sorc players moved on other easy Sorc builds. I expect the devs will eventually shove Melee Sorc's face back in the dirt.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
is crafted jewels with flat stats and bonus to ene% a better choice? also, I saw you didn't mentioned vengeful power in the endgame skillplan. how come?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
If you're looking only to maximize Feedback damage, then yeah. But I chose 1% All Attributes over 2% NRG because it's easier to get and it helps with STR and DEX reqs for gear so you can put more points into NRG (more Base Points into NRG = higher Psicrown/Psionic Storm damage when you need to use those skills).

Vengeful Power isn't part of the End-Game skillplan because the guide itself is still based on the old Lightning/Cold build from 1.2. I haven't had time to update the guide.