Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
ivo1617 wrote:Is it normal for the Truine Uber to take 2 or 3 hours with 60 or 70 deaths if you have not done it before? It’s hard to control where Arihan goes and he even gets teleported from time so getting him to the messenger is a challenge. And with the curses, I also die a lot. Am I missing something or is this a really hard Uber that takes some practice to get used to? I had not tried this Uber before and I completed it on my second try so I probably don’t have anything to complain about. Is there any way to dodge the attack of the messenger or go around it? Does he target the charmed Arihan ahead of me or does he target us both?

I mention it can be really painful if you are inexperienced, so it checks out.. :)

Messenger targets whatever hostile target is near, so it is you, Arihan or minions. One way to bait his attack, if you don't want to run ahead yourself and risk getting hit, is to cast edyrems, and line up Arihan so he will get hit too.
Another tip to make him follow you without stops is to maintain certain low distance to him, he will not debuff you once he is in "following" mode. He will if you run too far away from him or if he gets stuck behind the door for example, or against some small object in the big room (I think there are little chair decorations there, if he walks straight into one, he will debuff you).
You can also bait the curse by casting edyrems ahead of you, towards position there Arihan is located, and avoid getting cursed this way.

Overall whole thing is about getting feel of the fight. There is really not much you can do gear wise to help in this encounter. Classes like amazon or druid have it easier, because they have access to dominate oskill, which is long (iirc 20s duration) charm.
ivo1617
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Thank you for the advice aerial and thank you for the great guide. It’s very good for new and/or inexperienced players - I fall in the latter category because I have not attempted a number of Ubers and I had never taken a melee barbarian beyond terror difficulty. It’s a great character for experiencing and learning the game.

I don’t know if I can offer more specific feedback, because every Uber has been the way you said it would be. The only difference that I can think of is that I used thunderslam and death gaze in Bremmtown.

Also I have a question about hit recovery. Does the hit recovery from immortal count as regular hit recovery or as skill hit recovery?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
ivo1617 wrote:Also I have a question about hit recovery. Does the hit recovery from immortal count as regular hit recovery or as skill hit recovery?

It is same as item ias. You can see those things in d2stats.
Milkakuh02
Stone Warrior
32 | 9
After 4 hours of "getting gud" my first Lazkill ever last night.

► Show Spoiler

Felt pretty rewarding and the kill didnt have many deaths. I see how one could get it deathless.

Thanks alot.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Milkakuh02 wrote:After 4 hours of "getting gud" my first Lazkill ever last night.

► Show Spoiler

Felt pretty rewarding and the kill didnt have many deaths. I see how one could get it deathless.

Thanks alot.

And a trophy! Gratz man :)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Is there anyone so far who followed this and actually got all charms without cheating (cheating = using better items :)) ?
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
i actually did because i was curious and i liked the format of your guide i did it in sp. I didnt do void laz and uldy though because i find those ubers are more of a time sink than actual skill for me even though im sure i could do them. (im not pro at laz so yeah its a time sink for me) Astrogha and Brach were pretty painful without pierce but everything else went fairly smoothly however ive done all the charms on barb before more than once. I especially liked some of your tricks like using a blue flat dr helm for qt and the blue oskill helms for the kabraxis seals.
Deafwave
Cultist
22 | 11
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hey aerial,

In the gear section you mention the Mystic Orbs. When you say (Defense, FRW) on Lionpaw boots for example, do you mean %ED or %TCD or both?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Deafwave wrote:Hey aerial,

In the gear section you mention the Mystic Orbs. When you say (Defense, FRW) on Lionpaw boots for example, do you mean %ED or %TCD or both?

ed to 200%
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial i got everything besides the last 6 or so. Some cause time constraints, and others cause reward didnt justify the time (witch, terul). this build is for real. inb4 baba OP pls nerf.
i farm now using eth yaggai's, just for kill speed.
everything else is the same.

edit: Really? Neg? I dont understand people.
Edited by notforkeeps 6 years.