Melee Sorceress [1.3]

snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Mehasto wrote:Shift + click is your friend :)

Shift + click seems to work going from the inventory to the belt, but not cube -> inv or cube-> belt. And yeah, I guess I need to look around the forums for more merc info, oh well.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
snowman41 wrote:Alright, I have a couple super quick questions.

First off, when creating Moon Symbols in the Horadric Cube, you have to individually drag and drop each Symbol to your belt/inventory, there is no keyboard shortcut? Like how you can shift click potions from your inventory to your belt?

Unfortunately, not until Sigma. Shift-clicking from inventory to belt is all you can do to speed things up for now.

snowman41 wrote:Secondly, do you bother with gearing the merc and if so what do you give him? I generally avoid using merc b/c I die too often, but I feel like want him for farming tran athulua/harder uber levels.

Absolutely, especially for farming. They're not practical in end-game simply b/c they're not smart enough to avoid all the instagibs, but by then, you're strong enough that you don't need them anyway. I personally use an A1 Rogue Priestess. Her Vindicate gives you and your summons more damage and regen, and her Tremor reduces enemy life. Bloodmage would be another good choice simply for his Gift of Inner Fire, but I haven't really experimented with him much.

As for Rogues, I'm still testing out high-quality setups, so I'll just list some of the cheaper gear I use.
As for Bloodmage/Abjurer, I'm no expert on A3 mercs, so someone correct me if those gear lists are wrong.

► Rogues - Priestess or Ranger

► Bloodmage

► Abjurer
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I posted "cheap" a3 merc setup on old forum. He totally don't need any of TUs 'cause in total stats t6/sacred honorifics just better when focused on one main element merc using (bloodmage - fire, abjurer - lightning, necrolyte - cold). Since -enemy res orbs removed, just MO all space with spell damage (main need) then separate FCR/ED for weap/armor, then go whatever you want (-req if you want to use heavy armors on him, +stats, FHR, even reanimate skeles).
Then just switch on crafts and aim for at least -100 enemy resist to element needed, FCR/spell damage/skills... depends on what you using. Here some example (all just the same, different only shrines you need to use: bloodamge - fascinating, abjurer - ornate, necrolyte - sacred)

► Stats that you need not counting shrine bonuses

And at end here's simple (and really far away from perfect) example of my abjurer. Most Items are non-MOed and even non-socketed for obvious reasons
► Weapon

► Gloves

► Helm

► Armor

► Belt

► Boots

► Shield

All is crap but at least shows example of very-starting gear that can be improved alot as i told on "what you need"
Edited by Scalewinged 6 years.
simonp1512
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
in early game how can resolve the mana problem? mana regen MO?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
simonp1512 wrote:in early game how can resolve the mana problem? mana regen MO?

1 or 2 MoA orbs are far better than Mana regen if Familiar's NRG boost isn't enough. If you're really struggling (for whatever reason), you can put a point into Mana Sweep and use that until clvl 90, but you shouldn't need to.
simonp1512
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Solfege wrote:
simonp1512 wrote:in early game how can resolve the mana problem? mana regen MO?

1 or 2 MoA orbs are far better than Mana regen if Familiar's NRG boost isn't enough. If you're really struggling (for whatever reason), you can put a point into Mana Sweep and use that until clvl 90, but you shouldn't need to.

what mean "MoA" is like mana regen orbs? familiar only have 25% mana boost and wraithsword at lvl 11 consume 77 per hit is a lot when you try to kill a crowded area
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
simonp1512 wrote:what mean "MoA" is like mana regen orbs? familiar only have 25% mana boost and wraithsword at lvl 11 consume 77 per hit is a lot when you try to kill a crowded area

MoA=Mana on Attack. Each orb returns +40 Mana per attack, so 2 orbs will basically eliminate Wraithsword's Mana cost.
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:Wraithsword will eventually start killing the target faster than Bladestorm once that target's health falls below a certain point.

Can you give a rough estimate to when switching skills would be ideal? I.E. 50%/33% enemy health
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Roenan wrote:Can you give a rough estimate to when switching skills would be ideal? I.E. 50%/33% enemy health

There are so many factors involved at any given time that it's hard to say. It depends on your damage, chance to hit, CB, DS, etc., as well as monster health, defense, DR, Phys res, Magic res, Avoid, etc. I haven't done extensive testing, but from what I have done, it's been at around the 10% to 20% mark where Wraithsword starts dealing more damage (depending on the monster). And at that point, you may as well just keep using Bladestorm. TBH, the only place I've ever found Wraithsword really useful was in Vizjun (or for some specific situations).
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Scalewinged wrote:
► Stats that you need not counting shrine bonuses

This is why I keep coming to the forums, little gold nuggets like this really help out. I would have never guessed to use Crystal Sword/Diadem/Spiked/Bone shield. Thanks for the great tip, and good explanation!