Thomas Soren's Casual Livestream/Playthrough

Share your videos and screenshots
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Got the post updated with the first and most recent video for easy viewing.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I've watched both and it was fun. It's always interesting seeing new players play. :D

Can't wait for part 3! Please bump this thread when it's up.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
the commentary is very funny, nice work! I'm used to only seeing elite ppl play and then to see this haha.. imagine if he only had some techno music playing in the background the whole time instead like some other clips i've seen

Keep them coming please! I think the best part is going to be when you finish leveling up to 120 and then look back on these.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I agree. It's very funny seeing him selling a +11% cold resist ring and instead equipping a +5 mana ring. This simply goes against everything I'd ever do in MXL since resist are so hard to get, especially in the very early stages of the game and mana is so utterly useless throughout the entire game especially as a summoner, where you summon your stuff once and then forget about it.
► Veridio you shouldnt read this since this is a spoiler

But don't worry bro, you'll quickly grow. The way you interpret things is nice. If you ever feel like you're stuck don't hesitate asking questions.

This is definitely a nice, refreshing approach to this mod, since you usually only see the pro's doing something without explaining much since they take some general knowledge for granted. But you, as a completely newbie (no offense intended) playing this game and exploring its content is really nice. I'm interested in seeing further videos.
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:I agree. It's very funny seeing him selling a +11% cold resist ring and instead equipping a +5 mana ring. This simply goes against everything I'd ever do in MXL since resist are so hard to get, especially in the very early stages of the game and mana is so utterly useless throughout the entire game especially as a summoner, where you summon your stuff once and then forget about it.

But don't worry bro, you'll quickly grow. The way you interpret things is nice. If you ever feel like you're stuck don't hesitate asking questions.

This is definitely a nice, refreshing approach to this mod, since you usually only see the pro's doing something without explaining much since they take some general knowledge for granted. But you, as a completely newbie (no offense intended) playing this game and exploring its content is really nice. I'm interested in seeing further videos.

I only dropped the resist because I don't recall too many cold damage spots in act one. Though, you writing it out makes it look pretty bad. I've been notoriously terrible at handling resists, should be fun to run into for the future.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Great first video. I always enjoy when people talk while playing. Nice to see a 'beginner' play through, especially in a class I never play. Looking forward to more.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
your excitement in getting those TU boots really brought it home for me when i found my first unique in median. sadly it was
Hangman
Hangman
Amulet

Required Level: 1
Item Level: 1
10% Chance to cast level 15 Magic Missiles on Kill
+(3 to 5)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-1 Life Regenerated per Second
10% Gold Find
, at least its a free sig.

great videos keep 'em going.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it wasn‘t meant as offense. I‘m sorry if I expressed it that Way.

When I watched your video I felt like being thrown back to my first steps into Median. I mean... I can‘t appreciate a unique drop like you did since it has all become too static to me. And of course I made tons, probably many thousand mistakes more when I started playing this mod. That‘s why your videos are good. You let me see this game through other eyes but at the same time you think things through, which I didn‘t do back then.

Excuse me being a dick earlier. I really enjoy your videos.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Oh yeah forgot to say. Those boots are my favorite unique probably. Would love to get them as the first unique. :D
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Veridio wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:I agree. It's very funny seeing him selling a +11% cold resist ring and instead equipping a +5 mana ring. This simply goes against everything I'd ever do in MXL since resist are so hard to get, especially in the very early stages of the game and mana is so utterly useless throughout the entire game especially as a summoner, where you summon your stuff once and then forget about it.

I only dropped the resist because I don't recall too many cold damage spots in act one. Though, you writing it out makes it look pretty bad. I've been notoriously terrible at handling resists, should be fun to run into for the future.

Funny way to die on hatred is using Amulet of the Viper till Duriel, then cubing staff to open orifice and after brave fight with Duriel... dying to poison spitting folks behind the corner ;)