Thomas Soren's Casual Livestream/Playthrough

Share your videos and screenshots
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Prime_Evil wrote:gratz on butcher, also, you can use catalyst of learning on unique quivers to give you back an attribute signet, same as with unique rings and amulets (and set pieces) , so you might want to use that catalyst instead of turning them into arcane shards for unique quivers at least until you've eaten 500 sigs.

Says on the wiki that it must be a sacred unique. Can you actually burn these into attributes?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
yes. it also works for any unique jewelry (rings and amulets) as i mentioned.
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Prime_Evil wrote:yes. it also works for any unique jewelry (rings and amulets) as i mentioned.

Got a few extra attributes in a grind, thanks for the help!
krys
Rust Claw
81 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
hey,
I enjoy watching your videos, I just wanted to give you few tips, but it turned out to be almost A3 merc miniguide :)

A3 mercenaries need mostly

Faster Cast Rate (FCR) so they cast more often (58=12frames, 86=11frames, 138=10frames)
-Enemy Resistance - up to 135% for their main element
%spell damage for their element(s)
all skills
optionaly some FHR (86=8frames, 133=7frames, 232=6frames]
(they have 845 energey factor on lvl120 so there's no need for that)

Gear for bloodmage

Bloodmage uses fire (and secondary poison)
Early game I give them full honorific gear (amulet with +all skills and ideally spell damage), later I change it to Blessed Sacred Honorific - bless with corresponding shrine (fascinating for fire) + arcane crystal, even later change to full shrine crafts

Weapon : use broad or long sword - (6 sockets) - MO with 5xFCR,4x%fire damage (Ix rune is lvl 81 so there's only space for 9xMO), socket 6 Ix runes to max FCR (or 3x Ix and 3x perfect diamond for spell damage before you have enough Ix runes)
Armor : use the highest they can use/you have - MO with %ED, %fire&poison spell damage, %MF and rest FHR, socket runes with spell damage (Ral for fire)
Shield : with 6 sockets = Bone Shield (or spiked, but it has higher req, you may need use -req MO or jewel even for Bone shield), MO&sockets are same as for Armor

Misc

when you resurrect your mercenary or even when you change his equipment, he loose his buffs and became squishy until you make new game
Check d2stats tool - it can filter "trash" items, has customizable item notifier and shows many handy stats about yout char
For resists - either MO rings/amulet or socket few gems or use jewels (can have up to 25% resist, you can get both fire&poison one one if you're lucky) - you can craft them (check jewelcrafting docs) or even use oil of renewal on magic jewels
Before raising totems, buff yourself with bourning veil
bless you (good) crafts using shrine+arcane crystal to add shrine bonus again
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
krys wrote:hey,
I enjoy watching your videos, I just wanted to give you few tips, but it turned out to be almost A3 merc miniguide :)

A3 mercenaries need mostly

Faster Cast Rate (FCR) so they cast more often (58=12frames, 86=11frames, 138=10frames)
-Enemy Resistance - up to 135% for their main element
%spell damage for their element(s)
all skills
optionaly some FHR (86=8frames, 133=7frames, 232=6frames]
(they have 845 energey factor on lvl120 so there's no need for that)

Gear for bloodmage

Bloodmage uses fire (and secondary poison)
Early game I give them full honorific gear (amulet with +all skills and ideally spell damage), later I change it to Blessed Sacred Honorific - bless with corresponding shrine (fascinating for fire) + arcane crystal, even later change to full shrine crafts

Weapon : use broad or long sword - (6 sockets) - MO with 5xFCR,4x%fire damage (Ix rune is lvl 81 so there's only space for 9xMO), socket 6 Ix runes to max FCR (or 3x Ix and 3x perfect diamond for spell damage before you have enough Ix runes)
Armor : use the highest they can use/you have - MO with %ED, %fire&poison spell damage, %MF and rest FHR, socket runes with spell damage (Ral for fire)
Shield : with 6 sockets = Bone Shield (or spiked, but it has higher req, you may need use -req MO or jewel even for Bone shield), MO&sockets are same as for Armor

Misc

when you resurrect your mercenary or even when you change his equipment, he loose his buffs and became squishy until you make new game
Check d2stats tool - it can filter "trash" items, has customizable item notifier and shows many handy stats about yout char
For resists - either MO rings/amulet or socket few gems or use jewels (can have up to 25% resist, you can get both fire&poison one one if you're lucky) - you can craft them (check jewelcrafting docs) or even use oil of renewal on magic jewels
Before raising totems, buff yourself with bourning veil
bless you (good) crafts using shrine+arcane crystal to add shrine bonus again

Didn't know that the energy factor didn't matter much at 120. I'll work on changing some stuff around for him then. He's still incredibly powerful right now though, I'm happy with his current strength.
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Episode 25 is out now! Hoarding items for future use as I continue the journey.
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
26 is out now! Act 2 is done and I do the shortcut to pass half of Act 3. Grinding on the side for shrines to grab some sweet sacred gear so I don't die instantly.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Veridio wrote:Didn't know that the energy factor didn't matter much at 120. I'll work on changing some stuff around for him then. He's still incredibly powerful right now though, I'm happy with his current strength.

With that EF and Energy they have they get a good bunch of bonus damage. Every 5% bonus to energy gives them 7% spell damage, that is more than jewels or runes. It's 7%, 7%, 7%.... till 35% then it drops to 4% I think, then 1% and 1% then 0% bonus spell damage at 45 or 50% bonus to energy. So get them 35% bonus to energy for that sweet 49% spell damage.
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
27 is out now! Beat Act 3 and will now flail through 4 like a frantic deer.
krys
Rust Claw
81 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
few tips/answers/feedback:
When taking a detour to take a WP cast TP and then use that WP to go back via that TP.
Shrine crafting usually takes a lot of shrines to get a good crafts, it depends on what affixes (outside of those provided by the shrine) are you looking for - affix rarity varies and some are really rare. Check docs for possible affixes on choosen type of equipment.
Use BtS more - ideally you don't walk (almost) at all...
Use oil of luck on rings (chance to get 5% spell damage) and body armor (+20% ED - tho you should have done that before using ED MO, now you can use only +1% DR)
There are only two sacred unique rings with +2skill, you can use lottery recipe on any (not luckied) ring for 5% chance to get +1 skill - but you need Spirit Trance Herb (charm from Rathma Square uberquest) for that...