Thomas Soren's Casual Livestream/Playthrough

Share your videos and screenshots
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I've been looking to join the game and this recent patch gave me the drive to actually follow through with it. I'm going to enjoy Median XL in a more casual way, at least from the beginning. If everything goes well, I'll try to finish the content.

Update: The data for the Necromancer build has been lost unfortunately. I switched to a new computer and had too many issues getting it to work, so it's going to be the end for that series. I am going to resume another series through livestreaming every Thursday hopefully, you can find the livestream link down below.

First episode:

Livestream Section
Upcoming livestreams: N/A
Livestream found here: https://www.twitch.tv/thomas_soren
Edited by Veridio 5 years.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Enjoyed the video, your production quality is very good.

If you find the run speed too fast feel free to switch to walking. The base walking speed was improved compared to vanilla and it's intended that most characters walk throughout the game (defence is ignored by D2 if you're running). Also the mouse wheel skill scroll is working, maybe the skills have to be bound & manually selected at least once to work, not sure.

Looking forward to the next videos, I'm very much interested in such first impressions content.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I enjoyed the video. Fun stuff and thank you for sharing.
I'm a new player myself so I can relate to your excitement.
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
suchbalance wrote:Enjoyed the video, your production quality is very good.

If you find the run speed too fast feel free to switch to walking. The base walking speed was improved compared to vanilla and it's intended that most characters walk throughout the game (defence is ignored by D2 if you're running). Also the mouse wheel skill scroll is working, maybe the skills have to be bound & manually selected at least once to work, not sure.

Looking forward to the next videos, I'm very much interested in such first impressions content.

I had no idea that defence was ignored while running, guess I'll walk from now on. I assumed that the speed was to account for the faster actions of the new enemies. I thought it was a way to change the gameplay and make it play out faster.

Yeah, the scroll wheel doesn't at all, regardless of what I do. I'm getting used to it slowly though.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Defense is ignored while running? I didn't even realize that.
Cue the Homer Simpson "D'oh!" sound. It makes sense now. LOL
My rat trap Druid gets hit a lot as I run all over despite my higher defense.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
With 1.12d blizzard somehow achieved the skill wheel not working anymoreon newer systems. I haven’t played with wheel ever since. But they fixed it in newer version. Maybe compatibility mode for windows XP SP3 helps you out + admin mode. Then check your controls in the game and see whether you can use the wheel to scroll down in the „assign hotkeys“ list. If it works there, it should work anywhere so check in the list if scrolldownand scrollup is selected for changing skills and change if it isn’t.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Yeah basically what HechtHeftig said. Someone else had this issue a while back and the solution was on the internets.

Make sure you are running d2 in compatibility mode. To do this right click D2 and go to properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and tick the box that says "Run in compatibility mode" and in the drop down box choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Then create a game and to go Options > Configure Controls - Scroll down to "Select Previous Skill" click it and then scroll the wheel down and it should replace it, then do the same with "Select Next Skill" and scroll the wheel up. Then click accept.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:With 1.12d blizzard somehow achieved the skill wheel not working anymoreon newer systems. I haven’t played with wheel ever since. But they fixed it in newer version.

Neoblizztard achieved next level of fixing mastery by temp banning for using scroll with skill switching.

Neoblizztard wrote:Diablo II Only:
Scrolling through skill selection using the mouse wheel.

Source: Temporary Restrictions
Veridio
Sasquatch
61 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Got the scroll working. Had to use the D2 LOD shortcut instead of the Median one. Simple binding let me use it.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Very nice playthrough, looking forward to episode 2