Holy Caster VS Bosses - Showcase

Share your videos and screenshots
User avatar
ScarletEdge
Detonator
757 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Muilpeer wrote:Okay might have been that. I rewatched it a few times but the weird cut kept happening. Maybe yt didn't load the video stream correctly and it kept on loading it from cache so the error stayed.

Did you also use Euphoria? I crafted full %spell damage jewels and am almost at -200 pierce now (fascinating crafts, hivemind, angiris star, natasha armor). Had a hard time in torajan jungle but I can see how this works great vs bossess!


No, I've never had the chance to use Euphoria on Holy Caster. Dragonknight's base movespeed is unbearably low. Besides, forgoing Rapture would mean having to worry about breakpoints. I was at exactly -170 fire pierce when I did all those runs. Getting more cold spell damage/pierce would be nice but its not really necessary. Once you have Path of Flames at end game, you can just Solar Flare every 10 seconds and walk past everything that's not fire immune.

Also, the important thing about jewelcrafting is stacking up your Energy Factor. High energy and EF was the last boost I needed to pump my Wyrm damage further up.
User avatar
Muilpeer
Heretic
402 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ScarletEdge wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Okay might have been that. I rewatched it a few times but the weird cut kept happening. Maybe yt didn't load the video stream correctly and it kept on loading it from cache so the error stayed.

Did you also use Euphoria? I crafted full %spell damage jewels and am almost at -200 pierce now (fascinating crafts, hivemind, angiris star, natasha armor). Had a hard time in torajan jungle but I can see how this works great vs bossess!


No, I've never had the chance to use Euphoria on Holy Caster. Dragonknight's base movespeed is unbearably low. Besides, forgoing Rapture would mean having to worry about breakpoints. I was at exactly -170 fire pierce when I did all those runs. Getting more cold spell damage/pierce would be nice but its not really necessary. Once you have Path of Flames at end game, you can just Solar Flare every 10 seconds and walk past everything that's not fire immune.

Also, the important thing about jewelcrafting is stacking up your Energy Factor. High energy and EF was the last boost I needed to pump my Wyrm damage further up.


Yes, I noticed when watching your gear that every part had energy factor. What I did was basically just roll jewels untill I was energy factor appear and then see if they had at least 2% spell damage (hoping for extra fire dmg of course). Still gotta craft some more but I ran out of jewels and time ;)

Haven't got path of flames yet, did I miss that in your gear?
User avatar
ScarletEdge
Detonator
757 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Muilpeer wrote:Haven't got path of flames yet, did I miss that in your gear?


I didn't use my
Nero
Nero
Belts

'Auhe'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Chance to cast level 14 Fortress on Melee Attack
Adds 7-25 damage
+150% Damage to Demons
Adds 125-250 fire damage
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
2% Deadly Strike
+(7 to 12) to Path of Flames
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
for the video because PoF is not advisable vs most heroic bosses. But its very good for normal gameplay.
User avatar
Muilpeer
Heretic
402 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ScarletEdge wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Haven't got path of flames yet, did I miss that in your gear?


I didn't use my
Nero
Nero
Belts

'Auhe'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Chance to cast level 14 Fortress on Melee Attack
Adds 7-25 damage
+150% Damage to Demons
Adds 125-250 fire damage
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
2% Deadly Strike
+(7 to 12) to Path of Flames
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
for the video because PoF is not advisable vs most heroic bosses. But its very good for normal gameplay.


Thanks a lot for your support, managed to get him up and running with good gear now. Indeed, Astrogha is a breeze... Rolled a lot of jewels with -req and nrg factor and +4 fire spell dmg. Also got a Darkspite with +11 so I can prebuff really well with Nih jewels in it.

Haven't gotten an auhe yet, so I gotta figure out how to farm Toraja efficiently.

Consistently killing bossess now. Gonna try Xazax next, this build doesn't really feel like playing though, it's more on the engineering side with lots of gear tweaks and crafting/rolling jewels. As if you just build a machine that does shit for you. Which maybe is a style I like though it takes away from the actually feel of 'playing' the game.

Anyway, without all the other charms this build already performs pretty well so I guess I'm going to try the ones harder than Astrogha and Kabraxis soon. There's only about 4 or 5 more charms left for me to get and after that it will be trophy farming time.
User avatar
budda
Vampiress
36 | 0
With endgame dmg baal dies in ~40sec (items craft exept staff, and efr -95)
► Show Spoiler
Edited by budda 7 months.
User avatar
Muilpeer
Heretic
402 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
budda wrote:With endgame dmg baal dies in ~40sec (items craft exept staff, and efr -95)
► Show Spoiler

Branch (xaz.. what.. dont like new name) 35-40sec. Athulua 15sec. Quov 15-25sec. Kabr 50sec. Astro ~1.4min
► Show Spoiler

At least for one season we got really holly
(But nephalem barb can even faster (on uldy members x3 that's for sure).

Btw Still wondering why holy pala use fire skills and have red skin and unholy use lightning.


Very cool to see, I forgot to mention I'm using
Lychnus Lyaei
Lychnus Lyaei
Morning Star (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (121-134) to (151-166)
Required Strength: 464
Required Level: 100
Current Strength Damage Bonus: (51/256 Per Strength)%
5% Chance to cast level 21 Blast Wave on Kill
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25-38 damage
+50% Damage to Undead
-35% to Enemy Fire Resistance
(11 to 20)% Bonus to Vitality
+(301 to 400) Defense vs. Melee
+(41 to 50) to Strength
+(41 to 50) to Vitality
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
+5 to Light Radius
Socketed (3)

in combination with a fascnating crafted shield with +5 pally skills and fire dmg and -efr. That's how I got my stats so high.

(ez mode brachy btw, or xazax ;) did die once, but still don't have all charms so it's ok)
Edited by Muilpeer 7 months.
User avatar
ScarletEdge
Detonator
757 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Muilpeer wrote:Consistently killing bossess now. Gonna try Xazax next, this build doesn't really feel like playing though, it's more on the engineering side with lots of gear tweaks and crafting/rolling jewels. As if you just build a machine that does shit for you. Which maybe is a style I like though it takes away from the actually feel of 'playing' the game.


Yeah, the way it works is that you're basically just dropping turrets and watching everything die. It is kind of clunky as they say.

budda wrote:With endgame dmg baal dies in ~40sec (items craft exept staff, and efr -95)
► Show Spoiler


Cheesy
Ntf1015
Pit Knight
119 | 0
May have missed it, but how did you distribute points in skills? If you dont mind telling that is.... thanks.
User avatar
ScarletEdge
Detonator
757 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Ntf1015 wrote:May have missed it, but how did you distribute points in skills? If you dont mind telling that is.... thanks.


I can't recall the exact numbers, but I had smaxed Dragonknight, Blessed Life, Incarnation, Dragon Wyrms and the rest of the points were distributed among Rapture, Dragonheart, Frozen Breath and prerequisites.
User avatar
Muilpeer
Heretic
402 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ScarletEdge wrote:
Ntf1015 wrote:May have missed it, but how did you distribute points in skills? If you dont mind telling that is.... thanks.


I can't recall the exact numbers, but I had smaxed Dragonknight, Blessed Life, Incarnation, Dragon Wyrms and the rest of the points were distributed among Rapture, Dragonheart, Frozen Breath and prerequisites.


The only thing I wonder about is summons, did you also use OPlites?