Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Problem is, that at the current state:

1) The sword is by far the best sword ingame
2) the amu is the best amu (for almost all buids)
3) The oskill on the staff is the best skill ingame (and the staff reduces immunities)

I like the idea of having extra items but they should not outshine every other item in the game
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
RollsRoyce wrote:Problem is, that at the current state:

1) The sword is by far the best sword ingame
2) the amu is the best amu (for almost all buids)
3) The oskill on the staff is the best skill ingame (and the staff reduces immunities)

I like the idea of having extra items but they should not outshine every other item in the game

Well... I personally think when you can kill Samael on your own, you can kill anything on your own. At that point your character is finished. Of course that should give you rewards that are better than anything in the game. And once you did it, you‘ll probably roll a new char either way to make use of those new items.

I personally think the idea itself, that there are special weapon drops that only come from a certain boss could be implemented in other ubers as well. Not a 100% definite chance but you could give it the same drop chance like trophy’s to reward you with something better than just a charm. For example King Koth is an Uber focused on buffing wdm chars. To let it keep the flow you could make him drop a certain weapon (maybe a throw axe) or you could give him a staff or something like that in order to make it more attractive for casters aside from the tcd bonus.

Of course having such an easy Uber drop a special weapon would be ridiculous and will probably never be implemented. But still I like that wow style rewards for certain ubers.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
It really all depends how many of these items ppl can farm.
If item is as rare as like 1 per ladder cotw, or something of this rarity, sure. But if teams can produce these like ubercharms, this will eventually flood the market and big % of population will use these items.

This will probably get tweaked, either items nerfed, maybe boss fight will get changed, too soon to tell.
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
So, does anyone now have a screenshot of the 4 weapons Samael drops?
Kyromyr
Cog
207 | 115
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
LG_Blitz wrote:So, does anyone now have a screenshot of the 4 weapons Samael drops?

We havn't gotten the staff yet, but here's the other three: https://imgur.com/a/XlLwsw8
nick1358
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Could it be?
► Show Spoiler

Nope.
► Show Spoiler
Byte_Surgeon
Fallen
1 | 0
Suppose it'll have to do for now ^^
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Berkabus wrote:
Primarch wrote:You know.. I gotta say.. Adding exclusive SSSSU’s to the game was a pretty smart move. Seems realm activity is maintaining its momentum and I think it’s a step in the right direction. Another thing to strive for after 121 other than TG. Makes me excited for Sigma.

I have to disagree. Seems like less fortunate players who doesn't have the right connections just envy the shit outa these items and have no clue how to even get them, rather less to fight the bosses. (Or maybe im talking for myself)

Not to bust your balls.. But did you download Median XL because you wanted an easier, more "accessible" version of D2? I don't think anyone did. If you want to have immediate access to every single BiS item, perhaps you should play Diablo III. They literally hand out full sets at the beginning of each season. No one is forcing you to kill Samael. You can be perfectly content farming Void/Taganze if you want. Should we deprive the more seasoned players the opportunity for greater challenge just because you don't have the time?

I love the idea of having to work my way up to that elite level.. It gives you something to constantly strive for. That's one key element that makes for a solid ARPG or any game for that matter.
Thraxis
Thunder Beetle
55 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Berkabus wrote:
Primarch wrote:You know.. I gotta say.. Adding exclusive SSSSU’s to the game was a pretty smart move. Seems realm activity is maintaining its momentum and I think it’s a step in the right direction. Another thing to strive for after 121 other than TG. Makes me excited for Sigma.

I have to disagree. Seems like less fortunate players who doesn't have the right connections just envy the shit outa these items and have no clue how to even get them, rather less to fight the bosses. (Or maybe im talking for myself)

There is literally 0 content in this game you can't do alone. Kyro's solo run of Sam proves that. It requires a few rarer items, and to even get to him is annoying. But anything in this game can be learned. There are guides that help. There is a community that answers questions. There is trading to help you get what you need. There is literally nothing that in not doable solo if you want it bad enough to put in the effort. You can bitch and moan or you can "Gitgud".
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions