Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
thunderman wrote:
candyland wrote:
void wrote:nice work kyromyr :)

since i didnt play a lot this patch i want to ask why this boss was supposed to be only doable with 2+ players?

it is soloable just takes long , with 2 players , takes like 2mins or less

Looks to me, that you treat forum members like idiots. Two days before, after your first samael kill (which youve done in a team of four?) you posted to suchbalance that boss is weird and 99,5% of players wont be able to do this the way uber is now and you had suggestion on how to change it. Next day when Kyromyr managed to do this solo you claim its doable in two minutes for two players. So which one is truth?

Maybe you used that line for your defence, but at the same time it brings devastating risk to the Realm - we soon can witness large amount of players having charm, sword and amulet and rest of godly items. Can't imagine how fast price for these items will drop. It will also create a huge gap between those who couldn't buy it and I highly doubt they will enjoy seeing how other player having fun.

The only good thing i see here is that some players might stay bit longer to enjoy new charm and items. My post didn't meant to offend anyone, just my point of view. Thanks

1. Me posting that the boss was weird was referring to when we started doing it in the first week and how buggy the boss was.
2. 99.5% of players wont be able to do it the way it is now , it needs to be tuned down if the general population wants to do it.
3. Our first kill took less than 2mins btw
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
thunderman wrote:
aerial wrote:Technically 1 team and 1 player solo is still less than 99,5% of population :)

But I think it comes down to fact people still learn how to do it, the more you know, you can optimize it better, the easier it gets. So I'd be careful with such claims that something is impossible. Give it time till end of the season and we can tell more how many people do it.

Keep it mind due to quite steep entry penalty not that many people really tried it, not wanting to risk currency. If there is well known and documented method how to kill it, more people will invest their time to gear up and do it, then we have the answer really how viable this is for general population.

Yes I totally agree with what you just said.
Still I doubt there will be many more players who is actually going to do it. Given how long it takes to prepare gear (piercing cycles, endless light umos etc) and recipe for shard itself is costly.
It will be much easier for most of our community to just buy that charm and items instead of giving it a try.
If that was the idea for Uber, it was well known since first day of Ladder, that only few players (or teams) can actually do it.

You guys both should quit being grumpy and trying to proove something and actually be conscious about the fact that most ARPG games don't actually have a documentation and by the time you actually discover how to do something it takes several attempts. These guys actually did it without any info on it and they invested a lot of effort for that, not just sitback, chew gum, wait for somebody else to show how it's done and then be like "Mehhh Samael EZ, did 12213 kills last night solo with wirt's leg". The idea of a community is totally wrong understood around here. Learn to actually respect each other a offer best regards for everyones effort when it's the case. Put hatred behind, grow up. End of story. Taaa Daaa.

*EDIT* Git Gud
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't feel like calling me grumpy is good choice of words. You will be suprised to find out who actually traded all his endless lights and farmed triune for 100 hours to get piercing cycles for Kyromyr. But now that I mention it probably youve got an idea. i did that mostly because Kyromyr told me week ago he is positive he can do it, he just needed to gear up properly.

Im pretty sure you won't find many Realm players who takes requests like that, especially leave everything to farm triune for days.

And knowing that these guys did it is a very good thing, especially Kyromyr by uploading videos, proved that it's possible, maybe next season we will see Samael goes down faster.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can you really do a kill faster than ~20 seconds?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
► Show Spoiler

Gratz on destroying the uber.
BlackTech
Skeleton
2 | 0
romanN1 wrote:
thunderman wrote:
aerial wrote:Technically 1 team and 1 player solo is still less than 99,5% of population :)

But I think it comes down to fact people still learn how to do it, the more you know, you can optimize it better, the easier it gets. So I'd be careful with such claims that something is impossible. Give it time till end of the season and we can tell more how many people do it.

Keep it mind due to quite steep entry penalty not that many people really tried it, not wanting to risk currency. If there is well known and documented method how to kill it, more people will invest their time to gear up and do it, then we have the answer really how viable this is for general population.

Yes I totally agree with what you just said.
Still I doubt there will be many more players who is actually going to do it. Given how long it takes to prepare gear (piercing cycles, endless light umos etc) and recipe for shard itself is costly.
It will be much easier for most of our community to just buy that charm and items instead of giving it a try.
If that was the idea for Uber, it was well known since first day of Ladder, that only few players (or teams) can actually do it.

You guys both should quit being grumpy and trying to proove something and actually be conscious about the fact that most ARPG games don't actually have a documentation and by the time you actually discover how to do something it takes several attempts. These guys actually did it without any info on it and they invested a lot of effort for that, not just sitback, chew gum, wait for somebody else to show how it's done and then be like "Mehhh Samael EZ, did 12213 kills last night solo with wirt's leg". The idea of a community is totally wrong understood around here. Learn to actually respect each other a offer best regards for everyones effort when it's the case. Put hatred behind, grow up. End of story. Taaa Daaa.

*EDIT* Git Gud

Imo it just costs too much to open the new uber for most ppl,not just for the new uber's difficulty.i guess that 50%(even more) of the TSW solo members cant even gather all charms and endlessly farmed 3GR and 100sig and kill dbael in 1 month after new ladder,Not to mention u will lose them all if u failed once.
in actually,i dont how many players have tried(or they want to try) the new uber yet :)
hope SB could make new ubers more friendly next version to get so everyone has chance to try it.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
In addition to my previous post
► Show Spoiler

Apparently there is an invisible, invulnerable (and immobile?) "Samael" present at the arena.

He constantly spamming AoE lightning spell and he has a chance to summon Pain Worm on striking, so that's not the abilities of Samael the Boss. He also using a Debuff Aura which reduces Chance to Block.
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
GG
Nice to see same TP cheese sending uber to the same dumpster as its predecessor MNX.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
BlackTech wrote:Imo it just costs too much to open the new uber for most ppl,not just for the new uber's difficulty.i guess that 50%(even more) of the TSW solo members cant even gather all charms and endlessly farmed 3GR and 100sig and kill dbael in 1 month after new ladder,Not to mention u will lose them all if u failed once.
in actually,i dont how many players have tried(or they want to try) the new uber yet :)
hope SB could make new ubers more friendly next version to get so everyone has chance to try it.

I think that was the point though: high cost -> high reward. The biggest problem I see is that, because the entry fee is so high, most people who want the drops will probably just end up buying them instead of trying the Uber for themselves. But it's hard to say for sure until these items start hitting the market and we can see how much people are willing to pay for them.

Personally, I'd like to see some existing Ubers reworked before new Ubers are added. *cough* Judgment Day *cough*
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
yeah im not a fan of the entry fee thing so hopefully that gets changed in future ladders in some way. there is that whole guaranteed unique thing but maybe it could be like laz upgrade where the boss drops a component that you can upgrade into the uniques so normal players can farm the boss for the charm and crazy people can farm endlessly to make these crazy uniques from the components. perhaps you cube a component that drops off the boss with 100 sigs and 3 grs to make the weapon instead of requiring this stuff to open the portal..

i just want to try the uber because i like collecting all the charms as a prestige thing but dont really care about the unique items personally and farming fauz and 100sigs just to try this on realm sounds like aids to me.

awesome videos Kyromyr really amazing stuff dude.