Samael Realm Solo (TP Cheese)

Share your videos and screenshots
User avatar
SwineFlu
Cog
205 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'm not claiming that Samael's realm counterpart is the same, but here is some of his stats from SP:

  • Level - 120
  • Base HP - 1 120 000
  • Damage Divisor - 30
  • HP Regen ~ 546 per frame
  • Physical Resist - 50%
  • Magic Resist - 50%
  • Fire Resist - 99%
  • Lightning Resist - 99%
  • Cold Resist - 99%
  • Poison Resist - Immune
  • IAS - 225%
  • FRW - 225%
  • Dodge - 65%
  • Avoid - 65%
  • Evade - 65%
  • LaEK 250 000
He's using some Debuff Aura which reduces the following player stats:

  • Velocity
  • Max Lightning Resist
  • Chance to Open Wounds
  • Avoid & Evade (though it doesn't reduce Dodge)

I would really appreciate it, if someone can write a miniguide about his skills and general strategy.
User avatar
romanN1
Heretic
426 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Where did you get this from? :shock:
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
961 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
romanN1 wrote:Where did you get this from? :shock:


probably pulled from SP gamefiles.
User avatar
RollsRoyce
Ice Clan
595 | 50
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I think you can invest full into vita because your armor drains his defense to 0 rather quickly and your cth will be 95% at all time, even with low ar. Would probably help a bit
User avatar
aerial
Ice Clan
584 | 159
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
RollsRoyce wrote:I think you can invest full into vita because your armor drains his defense to 0 rather quickly and your cth will be 95% at all time, even with low ar. Would probably help a bit


That's interesting so defense reduction per hit, it does work vs bosses? I was never sure about that one. Item such as baron sludges would completely trivialize chance to hit this guy with -50% Target Defense if it reduces it every hit. You sure it works? It might be also different stat because armor has flat defense reduction per hit, baron gloves % and it doesn't say "per hit".

void wrote:since i didnt play a lot this patch i want to ask why this boss was supposed to be only doable with 2+ players?


There is one more thing about it, there was minipatch like over week ago that stealth nerfed the boss. I'm not sure about all the difference but there was one that reduced his slows target penalty from -100% to 0, increased required open wounds by 50% (from -300 to -350), and I think reduced his hp slightly? not sure about the last one.
As you can expect it is way harder to stack 150% slows target on a single character than 50%, that extra 50 ow isn't that big of a deal. Before if you attempted this with slows target below +100, you'd actually speed up the boss to insane level. That's why people though it almost requires team, becase there you can get slow rather easy.
Team however has its own problems, you can get more debuffs and more damage in team, but remember he heals 20% per kill, so you need synchronize tping out of the arena pretty well, with everyone seeing different stuff on screen it can be very difficult.
There is also sort of a timer, because invisible turret thats located in the arena, is constantly trying to hit everyone, and on striking it has chance to spawn those little adds that are invicible and shoot frost bolts. Now if you put more people in the arena, chance for them to spawn increases dramatically, especially if you use glassy dps casters with low defense, they trigger these guys more often (I think). Which basically mean if you keep failing this as team, someone dies, he heals, you will fill up this place with adds much quicker, resulting in attempt reset, which takes another qor rune and signets.
It can potentially die really fast in properly minmaxed team, but there is this factor, which makes me not so sure whats better, this solo strategy presented in this thread looks very consistent.
Kyromyr
Cog
203 | 100
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
RollsRoyce wrote:I think you can invest full into vita because your armor drains his defense to 0 rather quickly and your cth will be 95% at all time, even with low ar. Would probably help a bit


I could, but it wouldn't actually help very much. I'd lose a large portion of my damage, and most of my deaths are to the one-shots. Usually not reacting fast enough to a deathstrike.
User avatar
RollsRoyce
Ice Clan
595 | 50
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I am pretty sure that -Defense on hit applies with every missile, therefore reducing the defense to 0 rather quickly. I did not manage to observe this in CE but i tested with on strking procs while i was using -TD and without.

On top of that by using fortress i could reduce the time to kill samael from 10 minutes to about 3 minutes, however the chance of dying to invisible deathstrikes is at insane levels when you use fortress.

Im not sure about -%TD since the only item i wanted to use are thopse Tu gloves that shine alot more (now) than i was aware of
User avatar
thunderman
Sand Maggot
1102 | 63
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
candyland wrote:
void wrote:nice work kyromyr :)

since i didnt play a lot this patch i want to ask why this boss was supposed to be only doable with 2+ players?


it is soloable just takes long , with 2 players , takes like 2mins or less


Looks to me, that you treat forum members like idiots. Two days before, after your first samael kill (which youve done in a team of four?) you posted to suchbalance that boss is weird and 99,5% of players wont be able to do this the way uber is now and you had suggestion on how to change it. Next day when Kyromyr managed to do this solo you claim its doable in two minutes for two players. So which one is truth?

Maybe you used that line for your defence, but at the same time it brings devastating risk to the Realm - we soon can witness large amount of players having charm, sword and amulet and rest of godly items. Can't imagine how fast price for these items will drop. It will also create a huge gap between those who couldn't buy it and I highly doubt they will enjoy seeing how other player having fun.

The only good thing i see here is that some players might stay bit longer to enjoy new charm and items. My post didn't meant to offend anyone, just my point of view. Thanks
User avatar
aerial
Ice Clan
584 | 159
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Technically 1 team and 1 player solo is still less than 99,5% of population :)

But I think it comes down to fact people still learn how to do it, the more you know, you can optimize it better, the easier it gets. So I'd be careful with such claims that something is impossible. Give it time till end of the season and we can tell more how many people do it.

Keep it mind due to quite steep entry penalty not that many people really tried it, not wanting to risk currency. If there is well known and documented method how to kill it, more people will invest their time to gear up and do it, then we have the answer really how viable this is for general population.
User avatar
thunderman
Sand Maggot
1102 | 63
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
aerial wrote:Technically 1 team and 1 player solo is still less than 99,5% of population :)

But I think it comes down to fact people still learn how to do it, the more you know, you can optimize it better, the easier it gets. So I'd be careful with such claims that something is impossible. Give it time till end of the season and we can tell more how many people do it.

Keep it mind due to quite steep entry penalty not that many people really tried it, not wanting to risk currency. If there is well known and documented method how to kill it, more people will invest their time to gear up and do it, then we have the answer really how viable this is for general population.


Yes I totally agree with what you just said.
Still I doubt there will be many more players who is actually going to do it. Given how long it takes to prepare gear (piercing cycles, endless light umos etc) and recipe for shard itself is costly.
It will be much easier for most of our community to just buy that charm and items instead of giving it a try.
If that was the idea for Uber, it was well known since first day of Ladder, that only few players (or teams) can actually do it.