Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Alright!
Lets get my first video on here! Just been playing around with a Javazon (mostly wryd) in dest cows, managed to get my first BPR kill (solo). Lots of help from others came for this javazon (much appreciated!), still a fun character for dense areas. Gear still to be completed, will probably post an updated video once complete! Be nice and enjoy! No sound for the first 1:30 of video. . . BPR starts at 3:15. More and better videos to follow in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg97aIx5LJA
Kai
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
why use wyrd when ricochet is a much better skill?
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
For some reason I find I survive better spamming wyrd, seems to proc more when I am in super dense areas. Will play around with ricochet a little more to see!
Kai
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
IMO, you should play like this: spam ricochet (or, if you like, wyrd) until you have some corpes, then use fairy ring till you have nothing left to kill.
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Honestly, in places like Dcows, that does work, however spamming wyrd (or ricochet) kills faster anyways (in my current state). Yes fairy ring does kill faster in some areas, however because I only have 1 point in it, the seek range is not that far. So once one mob has been cleared, fairy ring does not trigger unless I drag enemies towards it. In the time that I do that, I can just kill with wyrd or ricochet and keep moving on. Although I have not used fairy ring that much, so I am probably greatly underestimating it. Definitely great for single targets, and areas with monsters that have immunities to physical, but I use it on more of a situational basis. Thanks for the advice! will test fairy ring out more as a main damage dealer and see how it goes.
noal
Cog
208 | 15
Kai wrote:why use wyrd when ricochet is a much better skill?

Wyrd is a great skill imo. Reasons:
- Great aoe and multihit (it really hits a lot). Works particularly well with Danmaku, Kra javelin and other %on striking proc item
- Great for crowd control, spreading slow or leech (can also spread poison with help of time strike)
- Takes up some MO space, but save you skill points into your main attack
- Can be cast 5 times per sec.

I play wyrd javazon also. Ricochet is a nice skill, but it seems to be slow to and lacks the crowd control power. In my case, Wyrd + fairy ring works better for me.
noal
Cog
208 | 15
Kai wrote:IMO, you should play like this: spam ricochet (or, if you like, wyrd) until you have some corpes, then use fairy ring till you have nothing left to kill.

I also recommend using fairy ring in fauzt. But in Dcow where there are no physics immu he can just spam wyrd and be fine
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Yes, thats what I was getting at with only using fairy ring as more of a situational skill. Works wonders in fautz, actually end up using it more than anything else in fautz, but any place where there are no immunes so far wyrd seems to work fine. Still testing more :).
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
How I can download your streams?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
noal wrote:
Kai wrote:why use wyrd when ricochet is a much better skill?

Wyrd is a great skill imo. Reasons:
- Great aoe and multihit (it really hits a lot). Works particularly well with Danmaku, Kra javelin and other %on striking proc item
- Great for crowd control, spreading slow or leech (can also spread poison with help of time strike)
- Takes up some MO space, but save you skill points into your main attack
- Can be cast 5 times per sec.

I play wyrd javazon also. Ricochet is a nice skill, but it seems to be slow to and lacks the crowd control power. In my case, Wyrd + fairy ring works better for me.

:facepalm:

Yes, lets compare a 1/2 wdm skill with 5/4 wdm. Kra rw is strong only early/mid destruction and is still better with ricochet than with wyrd. The problem with most people that play "javazon" is that they dont meet the character caps, they dont use moonbeam and they take estatic frenzy way too early while their hp is under 6-7k and they dont have decent passive damage reduce. No fbr cap + estatic frenzy = block locked + no passive %dr = dead.