The Bowazon

immortalsoul
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Speedpad wrote:
immortalsoul wrote:im not using the buff that makes u with 0 defense, I find that very bad for getting just 50IAS, I prefer have like 20k def, something that helps a lot with survavibility, my only problem now is my Damage, it's not high enough for some areas in destruction, specially against bosses for example, I only usa barrage also, it do more dmg than wyrmshot as I tested

Ecstatic frenzy give you also 25% velocity, and a really good amount of "magical damage to attacks". It could help with your damage problem.

by really good amount of magic dmg u mean 80 more dmg, that buff was good before this new update, it got nerfed badly
Speedpad
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
immortalsoul wrote:
Speedpad wrote:
immortalsoul wrote:im not using the buff that makes u with 0 defense, I find that very bad for getting just 50IAS, I prefer have like 20k def, something that helps a lot with survavibility, my only problem now is my Damage, it's not high enough for some areas in destruction, specially against bosses for example, I only usa barrage also, it do more dmg than wyrmshot as I tested

Ecstatic frenzy give you also 25% velocity, and a really good amount of "magical damage to attacks". It could help with your damage problem.

by really good amount of magic dmg u mean 80 more dmg, that buff was good before this new update, it got nerfed badly

Got mine lvl 31 atm, give me 492 dmg. I can "feel" when i forgot to put the buff up. But it's just my 2 cent, haven't played it before this patch, so don't have any comparison with pre-patch version of this skill.
Drozee
Destroyer
6 | 0
Just got my hands on a pretty good Horned Hunter, but im not entirely sure on what to MO it with. 5x Enhanced Damage 6x perfect rubys //// 5x 4% life stolen on hit 6x perfect rainbow. Can someone bestow me with some bow wisdom?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Drozee wrote:Just got my hands on a pretty good Horned Hunter, but im not entirely sure on what to MO it with. 5x Enhanced Damage 6x perfect rubys //// 5x 4% life stolen on hit 6x perfect rainbow. Can someone bestow me with some bow wisdom?

Before I say anything, I think it's important to mention that I haven't touched amazon since patch hit.

Having said that, bowzon is my most played character and what I found out with time is that pure physical dmg (ed%, max dmg and weapon dmg %) is not very good compared to utility (a proc, ll% or crushing blow). Most of your dmg comes from excstatic frenzy, your tri-elemental hits and crushing blows, very little from your base physical bow dmg.

So in my opinion, with the recent significant buff to life leech, I would definately go with your rainbows+life leech MO's if I were you. There's also merit to MO'ing crushing blow and using perfect rubies in your bow, but 1% for 4 levels seems excessive, 20% ll sounds better to me. There's also an argument to put in a couple of ed% MO's to reach the cap (250 I think?) so yeah, look at how much base ed% your bow has.
Drozee
Destroyer
6 | 0
Yeah you have a pretty good point, ill go for the life leech. Great explanation ^^
immortalsoul
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
forget LL, it doesn't worth in destruction
Majhin
Cultist
23 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
life leech was nerfed not buffed, dmg was nerfed and the amount of leech is far far less, esp in destruction
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So..Is bow amazon still viable for new players?
I have no idea how can I survive after destruction..
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Life steal was buffed, not nerfed.

">Reduced lifesteal penalties to 1/1 (H), 1/7 (T) and 1/15 (D)"

It used to be 1/30, meaning marco essentially doubled how good it is. This was to offset the nerf to weapon dmg.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Majhin wrote:life leech was nerfed not buffed, dmg was nerfed and the amount of leech is far far less, esp in destruction

immortalsoul wrote:forget LL, it doesn't worth in destruction

Life steal was buffed, not nerfed.

">Reduced lifesteal penalties to 1/1 (H), 1/7 (T) and 1/15 (D)"

It used to be 1/30, meaning marco essentially doubled how good it is compared to before patch. This was to offset the nerf to weapon dmg. Life leech is at a VERY good spot right now.

Monster hp got reduced by 8 times to what their original value were, but weapon ed% only got reduced by 50%, and weapon max dmg by 75%, meaning that dps wise, physical dmg coming from weapons is overall better against mobs.
Edited by Wulf 6 years.