The Bowazon

Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
Kostetus wrote:
Serge91 wrote:Hello people. I started this time a Bowmazon, i completed the game in all difficulties.

And now im looking to drop any pieces of the Pantheon Set or a good bow. Sadly, after all this time, im still playing with my crafted stag bow... can't find anything better than that; the only sacred bow i drop is the Windforce, that has quite less damage than my bow. My dps with wyrmshot is like 1200-2200 or something around that, with buffs up. Also I did get some charms from bosses.

I think i should play with another pg or change amazon build... im lacking so much damage and i dont know what to do. My biggest concern is that with this build and the soloself found drop i cant clear the Kurast 3000BA, and that's the first reason why i didnt got a single Pantheon set piece.

Try to use
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Defense: (184 - 208) to (370 - 418)
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 30
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Lightning Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (592 - 656) to (1106 - 1225)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 36
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Fire Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Lightning Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Cold Damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1466 - 1596) to (2663 - 2898)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 210
Item Level: 51
6% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Fire Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Lightning Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Cold Damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (2175 - 2352) to (3925 - 4244)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 420
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Fire Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Lightning Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Cold Damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
and
Siegfried
Siegfried
Amazon Helms

'VexNef'
Runeword Level: 68
3% Chance to cast level 5 Vanquish on Kill
50% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
Adds 42-125 Fire Damage
Adds 42-125 Lightning Damage
Adds 42-125 Cold Damage
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(72 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Dexterity
Elemental Resists +(21 to 25)%
-> lots of rainbow dmg

Im using Siegfried. I'll try Jitan's chest then... i was just playing with a crafted chest with magic find, hoping to increase my odds of getting something good.

Zelck wrote:
Serge91 wrote:Hello people. I started this time a Bowmazon, i completed the game in all difficulties.

And now im looking to drop any pieces of the Pantheon Set or a good bow. Sadly, after all this time, im still playing with my crafted stag bow... can't find anything better than that; the only sacred bow i drop is the Windforce, that has quite less damage than my bow. My dps with wyrmshot is like 1200-2200 or something around that, with buffs up. Also I did get some charms from bosses.

I think i should play with another pg or change amazon build... im lacking so much damage and i dont know what to do. My biggest concern is that with this build and the soloself found drop i cant clear the Kurast 3000BA, and that's the first reason why i didnt got a single Pantheon set piece.

Hey, I just started this season with an untwinked Bowazon myself. I'm also using a crafted Stag Bow with some good base stats, and I have pretty good damage with Bag of Tricks (was using Lotus Hive and then Hanabigami), Deadfall, Jitan's Kamon, Siegfried, skill rings/amulet, and Abandon crafted boots/gloves. Make sure you get a good roll on the crafted bow. Look for ~150% ED and either ~100 min damage or ~300(?) max damage. I have no idea whether Windforce is better or not, but you can always give it a test run since it has good fire damage.

You shouldn't be trying to farm Kurast 3000BA. I've been in there only long enough to have trouble with it (the charm seems to be a PITA). We can't tank the immunes to clear the spires and the drops don't seem to be that good from what I've heard. I'm farming Nihlathak (don't get the waypoint or the red portal will disappear!), Cows, and Tran Athulua (slow with deaths but manageable with summons and reanimates).

Right now I'm trying to get more Signets of Learning (at 130 right now, but I'm saving all of my non-duplicate sacred sets and uniques). I'm hoping to find a better bow, but I haven't seen a single sacred Reflex Bow or Long War Bow of any color. Does anyone know a good place to find these in single player?

Yeah seems the wyrmshot isn't the best skill for K3000BA since the projectiles doesnt penetrate but... that's the very first endgame place to farm. I didnt wanted to farm there to get the charm, just to farm some set items.
Windforce has low tooltip damage but has -60% enemy fire res; still i cant see any improvements compared to the sacred bow. I mean, the clearspeed i felt at the River of Flames with p4 on is very slow.

Yeah im farming Diablo or Nilathak for the signets and the good chance of getting a sacred unique. Im complaining about the bow but, except for the helm (Siegfried, it's great), also the other gear pieces i have equipped is trash.

I managed recently to craft a Hanabigami. I dont know how many crystal i have wasted in order to get one lol.
Anyway, maybe im nab but...reaching the new cap of 125 seems to me almost impossibile with this totalglasscannon build.

Thanks for the tips guys :)
Zelck
Destroyer
6 | 0
Serge91 wrote:Yeah seems the wyrmshot isn't the best skill for K3000BA since the projectiles doesnt penetrate but... that's the very first endgame place to farm. I didnt wanted to farm there to get the charm, just to farm some set items.

I've heard K3KBA isn't that great for drops, and I've found lots of set items in River of Flame/Nihlathak/Cows/TA.

I'm pretty sure that Hanabigami quiver was my 50th unique quiver, lol. The only thing worse was Jitan's Moon of the Spider charm. I probably farmed him 50 times and got 2 trophies before the stupid charm finally dropped.

On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out what I should be doing next. I'm currently using a Crafted Stag Bow (208-289 damage, ctc Elemental on kill, 27% Dex bonus MO'd with EWD), Bag of Tricks, Siegfried Helm, Jitan's Kamon, Deadfall, Crafted gloves (+1 skill, -10% ELR, 17% bonus dex), Crafted Boots (20% FHR, 15% Dex), a couple of +skill -enemy resist rare rings, and a sweet +3 skill +13 Lightning Arena amulet, with the obligatory Koth's Lesson on switch. I've completed all of the basic and easy ubers except K3KBA, and don't have any trophies except for Jitan's. I have 150 Signets eaten. Is there an obvious upgrade, quest, or item I should look out for?
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I currently started playing median and since this guide has not been updated for the new patch, I have a little question. What kind of boots do you guys recommend for leveling/earlygame? Still honorifics with str/allres/somethingsomething or is it not worth it without -res?
Itapitza
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Zelck wrote:
Serge91 wrote:
Right now I'm trying to get more Signets of Learning (at 130 right now, but I'm saving all of my non-duplicate sacred sets and uniques). I'm hoping to find a better bow, but I haven't seen a single sacred Reflex Bow or Long War Bow of any color. Does anyone know a good place to find these in single player?

I believe we are all in the same boat. I just found a sacred reflex white after many hours of play. Most likely this will just have to be a Duncraig farm item or chance drop from the rest of the world. Though i seem to have better luck with Long War Bows then you.
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Serge91 wrote:
Kostetus wrote:

Try to use
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Defense: (184 - 208) to (370 - 418)
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 30
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Lightning Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (592 - 656) to (1106 - 1225)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 36
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Fire Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Lightning Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Cold Damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1466 - 1596) to (2663 - 2898)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 210
Item Level: 51
6% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Fire Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Lightning Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Cold Damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (2175 - 2352) to (3925 - 4244)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 420
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Fire Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Lightning Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Cold Damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
and
Siegfried
Siegfried
Amazon Helms

'VexNef'
Runeword Level: 68
3% Chance to cast level 5 Vanquish on Kill
50% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
Adds 42-125 Fire Damage
Adds 42-125 Lightning Damage
Adds 42-125 Cold Damage
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(72 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Dexterity
Elemental Resists +(21 to 25)%
-> lots of rainbow dmg

Im using Siegfried. I'll try Jitan's chest then... i was just playing with a crafted chest with magic find, hoping to increase my odds of getting something good.

Zelck wrote:

Hey, I just started this season with an untwinked Bowazon myself. I'm also using a crafted Stag Bow with some good base stats, and I have pretty good damage with Bag of Tricks (was using Lotus Hive and then Hanabigami), Deadfall, Jitan's Kamon, Siegfried, skill rings/amulet, and Abandon crafted boots/gloves. Make sure you get a good roll on the crafted bow. Look for ~150% ED and either ~100 min damage or ~300(?) max damage. I have no idea whether Windforce is better or not, but you can always give it a test run since it has good fire damage.

You shouldn't be trying to farm Kurast 3000BA. I've been in there only long enough to have trouble with it (the charm seems to be a PITA). We can't tank the immunes to clear the spires and the drops don't seem to be that good from what I've heard. I'm farming Nihlathak (don't get the waypoint or the red portal will disappear!), Cows, and Tran Athulua (slow with deaths but manageable with summons and reanimates).

Yeah seems the wyrmshot isn't the best skill for K3000BA since the projectiles doesnt penetrate but... that's the very first endgame place to farm. I didnt wanted to farm there to get the charm, just to farm some set items.
Windforce has low tooltip damage but has -60% enemy fire res; still i cant see any improvements compared to the sacred bow. I mean, the clearspeed i felt at the River of Flames with p4 on is very slow.

Yeah im farming Diablo or Nilathak for the signets and the good chance of getting a sacred unique. Im complaining about the bow but, except for the helm (Siegfried, it's great), also the other gear pieces i have equipped is trash.

I managed recently to craft a Hanabigami. I dont know how many crystal i have wasted in order to get one lol.
Anyway, maybe im nab but...reaching the new cap of 125 seems to me almost impossibile with this totalglasscannon build.

Thanks for the tips guys :)

Serge, shoot me a PM if you need a Sacred Reflex bow. I believe I have one.
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
Is Reflex Bow a better bow base than Stag Bow? Does it give more dex bonus damage?
Im currently using a crafted stag bow with 210-330 damage and +4 amazon skills, but still it's not great. In the meantime i've dropped the SSU amazon sword... what a troll weapon is that? XD

tylerfar wrote:

Thanks mate but im playing SP. Also, im curious, did you meant a Sacred unique Reflex bow or a white/blu/rare to craft?
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Serge91 wrote:Is Reflex Bow a better bow base than Stag Bow? Does it give more dex bonus damage?
Im currently using a crafted stag bow with 210-330 damage and +4 amazon skills, but still it's not great. In the meantime i've dropped the SSU amazon sword... what a troll weapon is that? XD

tylerfar wrote:

Thanks mate but im playing SP. Also, im curious, did you meant a Sacred unique Reflex bow or a white/blu/rare to craft?

I found a Sacred rare one, but im not in SP unfortunately. So I can attest that they do exist!
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
I found a unique Sacred Stag Bow. Of course, it's the SSSU Athuluha's: it's the rarest, but reaally worse if compared to the SSU Horned Hunter. It's even worser than my crafted reflex bow... that's really unlucky XD

In the meantime, while i wasn't able to upgrade my gear (and i swear, i cant find a tier splint mail or the heavy belt in order to make them unique lol), i was able to acquire some charms: the Fool's Gold, the Sunstone of the Gods, the Azmodan's Heart and the Bartuc's one.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bowzon got really really hard after this massive update. Currently stuck in mid-game but at least i had the luck of finding that composite bow with thunderhammerz :D.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I am currently farming TA with my bowie, it's pretty smooth with SU Stag Bow, deaths from arrowside excluded