Median XL 2017 1.1 Version Log

Game news and forum updates
New_Fag
Acid Prince
47 | 1
suchbalance wrote:

- Iron Spiral: if you actually gave this skill a proper test end game you would notice that the damage was quite good but the skill power didn't scale well when dealing with big monster packs. The pierce change addresses exactly that allowing you to essentially aoe most of the screen simultaneously now.

Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Very excited about the drops rework.
Thank you very much, Marco!
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Nightquaker wrote:Very excited about the drops rework.

me too actually, im in dest. act 3 but the droprate keeps me dissatisfied :roll:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jeffshadows04 wrote:

me too actually, im in dest. act 3 but the droprate keeps me dissatisfied :roll:

You won't notice the drop rates much until you begin farming in areas with drop biases and reworked drop tables significant enough to make a noticeable difference. Certainly joining you in the excitement for all the reworks though.
Felnah
Prowler
19 | 0
As much as I disliked MXL2017 on release this patch looks great, really want to play again now.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
suchbalance wrote:- Earthquake: again, damage buffed to make it better for farming (even tho it's not the best skill mechanically, it has its uses) and it is now the best Snake Stance spread melee skill.

Nice, that's what I always wanted from EQ. The AoE spread was perfect for applying SS, but the low WDM made it pointless.
Only problem now is that you can't EQ and TSlam without dual wielding... that's a tough choice. One nice thing about SS builds is that you don't need to stack STR, so you could easily go for max block on them. That's probably still the best choice, but now you have to give up TSlam. Then again you could also weapon swap to an axe + shield every time TSlam is off CD, but that sounds horribly tedious.

suchbalance wrote:And regarding the whole requirements situation - I don't believe there really is a big problem. Yes now you can't use Yaggai with stormblast to double dip on the lightning pierce, but that doesn't make this axe trash and secondly items are always secondary to skills so changing something just to optimise melee for 1 item is silly. As counter intuitive as it sounds putting the weapon restrictions actually now gives more choices as far as gear and melee skill plans are concerned, because if there wasn't a restriction it's pretty obvious that stormblast>iceburst and iron spiral>death gaze & thunder clap > ww & axes>swords for general gameplay so you always end up with with the same optimal build. Now each weapon path has some downsides. You can also choose to have your cake and eat it by dual wielding, but then you give up survivability & GD.

Yeah, I always liked the decision to split the melee tree depending on weapon type. It also feels very "barb".
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
archon256 wrote:Nice, that's what I always wanted from EQ. The AoE spread was perfect for applying SS, but the low WDM made it pointless.
Only problem now is that you can't EQ and TSlam without dual wielding... that's a tough choice. One nice thing about SS builds is that you don't need to stack STR, so you could easily go for max block on them. That's probably still the best choice, but now you have to give up TSlam. Then again you could also weapon swap to an axe + shield every time TSlam is off CD, but that sounds horribly tedious.

Yeah, I always liked the decision to split the melee tree depending on weapon type. It also feels very "barb".

Earthquake/BH/SoR require "melee" weapon. Eq isn't that great either. It still misses mobs within its cone regularly. Its a lvl 1 skill though so no reason to expect much after early game.
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
L H wrote:
Jeffshadows04 wrote:

You won't notice the drop rates much until you begin farming in areas with drop biases and reworked drop tables significant enough to make a noticeable difference. Certainly joining you in the excitement for all the reworks though.

you mean by drop biases are uberdungeons? in my char situation right now, i cant do ubers so i depend on basic areas for farming
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jeffshadows04 wrote:you mean by drop biases are uberdungeons? in my char situation right now, i cant do ubers so i depend on basic areas for farming

What class/build/gear are you playing/using? Perhaps someone or myself can assist in recommendations for next steps.
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
L H wrote:
Jeffshadows04 wrote:you mean by drop biases are uberdungeons? in my char situation right now, i cant do ubers so i depend on basic areas for farming

What class/build/gear are you playing/using? Perhaps someone or myself can assist in recommendations for next steps.

first of all thanks so much for helping me/us newbies. i'm playing melee with pestilence necro(with 1 each totems) my gears are mostly runewords with some T6 rare gears.