Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Dakota
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
For a new person in Median it is really hard to follow all the changes the game goes through from patch to patch... For instance:

Does Special Box from Griswold still drop?

RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
nope it does not :)
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
i know great runes drop in fautzenville and tojara but what about the elemental runes and runestones?
the doc guide isn't very explicit just says in the 'unformed land' but the link has no info and seems as work in progress
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
viperosa wrote:i know great runes drop in fautzenville and tojara but what about the elemental runes and runestones?
the doc guide isn't very explicit just says in the 'unformed land' but the link has no info and seems as work in progress

Teganze is the new unformed land.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
romanN1 wrote:@adamo68 I would go for xis shark or xis cyclops

Would you have a recommendation on which superior sacred basic xbow to use for either?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
bradr wrote:hey can i use the de level rare to ilvl 1 cube recipe " 1 rare ring +rare amulet= rare armour/weapon = ilvl 1 rare item" to lower a amulet or ring to ilvl 1 or will it only work with armour of various types /weapons?

it does not work for amu/ring bcz there is no point in reducing the ilvl of them, ilvl of an item is generally reduced to make low lvl requirement crafts.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Out of curiosity, how do squishy builds deal with this.
► Show Spoiler

Surely there's a better way than simply throwing your corpse at mobs, slowly whittling them down until you can move or attack.

My solution is ... stop farming dunc. I have been stop farming dunc since teleport from void charm got nerf yo 3s timer.

No matter how strong your char is. You still dies many times when you jump between those small rooms
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pinball wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Surely there's a better way than simply throwing your corpse at mobs, slowly whittling them down until you can move or attack.

My solution is ... stop farming dunc. I have been stop farming dunc since teleport from void charm got nerf yo 3s timer.

No matter how strong your char is. You still dies many times when you jump between those small rooms

Try putting SSU long sword on switch when you teleport and spinning to the opposite corner through the mobs to a decent space and won't get hit by barrels. Then switch to main weapon and clear. Use summons when you first teleport to help distract. Teleport to spots you know monsters aren't standing at if you've already died once.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Idk sometimes its weird. My char instally get rekt when i tele into small rooms. Its like slain soul "can see" you in other room, they throw a barrel and i teleport at the moment barrel explodes.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
► Show Spoiler

Pax Mystica (Xis)
has 12+ second aoe stun which allows you to survive the initial jump and attack before taking tons of damage (all forms of teleport have ~0.5s cooldown on all skills after use, which is enough to kill most squishy chars). Then it's just a matter of damage.