Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I'd post in screenshot thread, but it will get burried in few hours, so let it be a thread.

One of my characters in realm season 15 (patch 1.1.3).
Decided to gear up bow druid, because of lucky lottery 5% on mr painless bow (it adds ignore target's defense).
https://i.imgur.com/MF8iYU7.png
Another interesting item - hidden crafted gloves with both destro shamans, archons and burning veil proc:
https://i.imgur.com/CHZdAFZ.png

Otherwise it is just a bow druid, with all its perks, very high life scaling with % life, and in case of painless bow, 1 shotting punishers without any special focus on -res or poison damage.
Defense was around 400k, using several eth items, xis lo helm, xis ith boots, chest was 6x fire rune.
I'm using some random +10 druid staff on switch, so life can go up significantly, especially with elixir and dedicated swap gear set with +skills.

Bow druid works extremely well in teganze (new unformed land) because of the range, and fact that new map is fairly open layout.
What I like about the build is that you don't need to constantly hit and run, spam attack and walk everywhere to clear enemies, instead you can chose path through the middle of area, and cover huge distance around you, only detour if you need pick up loot.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yaaay. And another one coming soon from me :-)). Good job aerial! Trully a powerfull char! What sockets did you use and skillplan? Also what did you use to record and render and what settings? Quality is very good
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why i feel those punishers are useless many times because your arrows almost kill all shit before punishers lands on them.

Is there any good version of bow druid without Mr Painless? Cuz with Painless all bow druids are the same. Nothing new.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pinball wrote:Why i feel those punishers are useless many times because your arrows almost kill all shit before punishers lands on them.

Is there any good version of bow druid without Mr Painless? Cuz with Painless all bow druids are the same. Nothing new.

bow druids work also witouth mr painless. Taha bow for example is kinda fun with its death blossom on kill. there is many other options aswell
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pinball wrote:Is there any good version of bow druid without Mr Painless? Cuz with Painless all bow druids are the same. Nothing new.

There's a bunch of good druid bows and setups. Most people just use Mr. Painless cause it's got such good affixes. The punishers are cool but as you said, don't hit or kill unless its in close range or you actively sit and let the punishers travel. The rest of the stats on the bow are so good in comparison to others, but there's certainly other good usable setups.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
sick gloves :O
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You guys should really see how fast necrobots die from those punishers even without pierce.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
They are correct about punishers moving too slow for certain areas. For place like TA, I'd say painless isn't worth it.
For fauzt it obviously is worth it, for teganze I have mixed feelings, but it did seem bit faster, even though big chunk of targets died just to arrows. For duncraig it is quality of life thing, you kill phys immune balls. Same goes for triune, free golem kills.
Other good bows exist, that unique with 50% arrow on striking being good example. Sha'ad with crucify on kill is also worth mentioning.
I didn't showcase other bows because I geared it around ITD painless, reason why I made this bowdruid. If I wanted to use for example 50% arrow bow, I'd need get jewels with AR, which I didn't need with itd. I'd probably even dump some points into dex.
Answering gear question, jewels you want life steal + mf/speeds, and if you need ar, you go for ar + ll.
For teganze, using sssu plated belt is nice with little bit life on kill.
Skills: berries, force of nature (depends on proc, if you go pure arrow build you may go for faerie fire for dodge, +ele damage added to attacks is pretty insignificant imo), bow passive to 1000ed, 1pt pagan rites, and rest into sporeshot (adds targets to cascade and skill itself is quite good).

Recording, I use obs recording feature, d2 window is 1600x1200 with glide supersampling, recording frame centered on it without borders, then output format is 1080p 16:9, so it downsizes the original and adds black bars on the side to convert 4:3 diablo to 16:9 without streching (it's important to not upload 4:3 to yt because it will render it again to 16:9 and you lose some quality). Compression is x264 with CRF (adjusts bitrate dynamically to maintain certain quality), i used 23, seems more than enough for this setup. For edit I just used some free shitty program (hitfilm express)? It's pretty bad but didn't want to bother installing adobe or sony vegas for such simple videos.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Got it. Thank you for the info aerial :D. Regarding 50% arrow on striking bow...if you by that mean dear esther, you will actually lose some damage since it isn't class specific and it gets bonus damage from dex% however azgar's mark viper bow might be of use just that it isn't a good choice at all for places like fauzt. Instead Mr. Painless is just suitable for any farming area out there... Punishers are exceptional vs anything excepting psn immunes ofc, but with the arrow on striking proc? You will definently need to get as close as possible towards 100% cb otherwise you will have a pretty hard time. Just a personal opinion however you could share your knowledge regarding different setups for bow druid. I personally find that dudu helm with wots and hive oskill amazing in combination with scales of the serpent as a backup plan if i'm not using Mr. Painless. What do you think?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
If I didn't have ignore defense, so I could freely swap different bows, I'd prefere azgar's mark in TA for sure, just more hard hitting and self proccing arrows, that thing is a beast, if you stack 15% arrow helm, and that 3x proc quiver. Proc arrows seems to increase damage almost exponentially, if you managed to add that 5-10% on top of already high % it makes really big difference in what you see on screen.
I'd keep painless only for areas with annoying physical immunes, everywhere else I'd stick to arrow procs.
Taha bow was also mentioned, it is alright choice.
Sha'ad I didn't test much, but with crucify having now up to 16 targets, that must work really well, provided you kill and move fast, so you can get that proc chain going, as any build heavily focused on kill procs.
As for helms, you can't beat that xis rw with 15% arrow, 15% DR and huge defense. Just look at it:

I think that is bis for any weapon based druid, except treewarden (currently) that hits so many times via op no-nd thornstrike, that you are better off gdabbing helm with elemental proc, since you don't need more physical damage.

As for wots, better doublecheck the damage, because oskills = soft points, so that wots you get works like 1pt wots on sin, with +skills from items, it has no base level synergy. Damage is low, similar to items with for example snake stance oskills. Hive you can get elsewhere (klaatu, elemental band), and it is fairly slow to start going, so depends on your build. It sort of already locks your build into fairly slow, if you realy on running around and waiting till hive clouds cover everything you need to cover. It may work if hive targets go towards your char, like on merc barb build, where you use that to kill neons, so they all walk into your hive, doesn't slow you down. But if you had to for example teleport around every pack of necrobot to hit them with hive, I'd say it would be pretty slow and annoying to do.