Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you do realise that TP holding was always viable in SP too since always , don't you ? you just need to open 2 instances of the game and rejoin your own lan game whenever you get pwned. :facepalm:

so how does this corpse recovery make any difference between SP and MP ? how does this make any difference since both sides used the TP cheese anyway? what "balance" are you talking about ? rofl

whoever thinks that there is any diference , most probably hasn't played SP much.

there wasn't and still isn't any difference here . TP cheese is TP cheese regardless where you play
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
whist wrote:As it was already stated twice, this change, at least for now, simply brought single player and multi player to the same step (in this particular aspect of the game), seeing as players on multi player could simply keep a town portal up and rejoin (which pretty much was the same as corpse spawning in town, just a tad bit more tedious).

On the other hand, it should be noted that this change is actually a preparation for the upcoming sigma patch, where in many cases you will be locked out of a level once you've died or simply left, forcing you to try again from scratch, both in single player and multi player.

Is this the obligatory "tease sigma to create interest in median again because the ladder died" post?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well, in some cases recovering corpse was atrociously hard ( Kabraxis, Astrogha when in a small room). I don't consider dying 25 times on a boss then defeating it to be successful, but he drops the charm. So I guess it's victory right ?

I agree that Divine Judgment is op. Thing is, without such power, I don't think the build would be viable. Plague gets negligable by end ubers without smaxing it and investing in - poison res. Which cuts in space for survivability unless you have SU gear covering both ( Scales of the serpent ie). Retaliate is good coupled with plague for common mob killing. It needs a boss killing spell, but thing is Divine Judgment covers an area, making it an all around good skill. Couple that with colloseum's physical pierce and it can melt stuff. I think the playstyle would benefit if DJ was one target only, forcing to switch from it to retaliate depending on the situation
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
we used to have hammerstrike for single target but nobody used it so it was replaced by a sor clone without delay :lol:
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Divine judgement is fine.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mechanicly speaking, Divine judgment is way better. After this, I wonder what the results will be with the amplify damage SSu Great Maul
Norolia42
Prowler
16 | 2
I'm all for the town corpse. I can't speak much for ubers but I know during leveling, dying and running back to retrieve my corpse with no gear and dying about ten more times was extremely frustrating. Much like the map reveal, it's just something that makes the game experience more enjoyable overall. I've played enough D2 throughout the years to feel these as welcome additions.
silicondream
Lava Lord
95 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I was playing mostly hardcore the last several seasons both sp and on realm. I felt both of the aspects. If there is a way to put this into the game like an option many people will feal great. Those that are hindered and the ones that rejoice. I will adress this in the suggestions for the next patch thread.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Corpse in town is awesome.. arguments against are invalid
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
I think this change is very good, reduce a lot of my frustration when I suddenly die in the middle of clusterfuck of monster due to some small error, lag or personal mistake, and had to exit game because retrive the corpse was simply immposible.