What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:Playing Planescape : Torment again. Best story in any game. The combat system sucks tho. But best story.

Annah in the party ? -cough- just for plot -cough-

Honestly, i was thinking about playing it many times, but each time that less pew pew more bla bla thing pushes me away. Diplomacy is not my way of solving tasks in rpgs.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Yea Annah and Fall-From-Grace because "plot" hrrrrrrrrrrhrrrrrrrrrrr.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HechtHeftig wrote:SUmmons OP? Guess I need to check out gothic 2

You need to play gothic 1 at first. Gothic is a great game and all the NPCs you are friends with are rememberable. And you do remember them. I played the shit out of the gothic clone risen. I don't remember any NPCs from back then, neither does anyone I know. Gothic 1 is not really worse than gothic 2 despite being older. The main problem is having to run to far all the time.

I guess I was the only one who ever used summons, most people just go for strong two handers. Also ranged is OP as fuck, especially in gothic 2.
Astral-revenant
Invader
8 | 0
Minecraft for now. :-D
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Nitz wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:SUmmons OP? Guess I need to check out gothic 2

You need to play gothic 1 at first. Gothic is a great game and all the NPCs you are friends with are rememberable. And you do remember them. I played the shit out of the gothic clone risen. I don't remember any NPCs from back then, neither does anyone I know. Gothic 1 is not really worse than gothic 2 despite being older. The main problem is having to run to far all the time.

I guess I was the only one who ever used summons, most people just go for strong two handers. Also ranged is OP as fuck, especially in gothic 2.

The problem I see is: When I played risen I was bored to death. I‘m usually a guy who skips the talk of NPC‘s and only listen to them on my 2nd playthrough just because I want to see if the gameplay is good before I throw myself into the story. So yeah that kinda turns me away from gothic 2 now :D
RisingSun
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
I love the gameplay of Gothic 1 and Gothic 2. Never seen a similar one. Tho, I enjoy it, because I enjoyed it back then and it is understandable that new people do not do so, because it is always difficult to get into an old game if you did not play it back then already.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Unfortunatelly i tried Gothic 3 before 1and 2. After 3 i could not get over the weird game controls in 1 and 2.
RisingSun
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Yep,

it is really different and thus kinda hard to get used to. However, it is partially weird on purpose, because you unlock the better gameplay the stronger your character becomes. Basically the protagonist is a noob at fighting in the beginning and a pro later on. In Gothic 1 it only needs 1 level up to gain the balanced one handed move sets already and only 2 additional level ups (3 in total) to gain the mastered move sets for one handed weapons. In Gothic 2 it takes more level ups and even more if you installed the addon Notr.

The gameplay of Gothic 3 in comparison is waay easier as you play with the mouse instead of the keyboard and you do not need to time your attacks and blocks, but you simply spam left and right click. Kinda lame in my opinion. Additionally the gameplay does not really evolve too much aswell, which means you are very strong already from the beginning on.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Yes, Gothic 3 was easy walk in the park. If enemy too hard - use bow, xbow and just kite backwards while firing. Got bored too fast. Only hype was finding those heavy stones in orc castles and lifting them.

Gothic 2 i gave up right after i left the first tower ? and got killed by animal. The whole walk in tower and out gave multiple cancers. Walk a bit, turn char, turn camera view, walk a bit more, turn camera again .... No, just no.
RisingSun
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Did you play Gothic 2 with your mouse? It is way easier to play without and have the camera turn automatically as you move. A friend of mine played it with mouse back then and I facepalmed pretty badly. Also the combat is worse with mouse if I remember correctly.
Edited by RisingSun 6 years.