Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
bradr wrote:can you recommend any other areas that might have higher quality SU drops that wouldnt be instant death while missing a couple peices of end/middle game equip(basically anything i couldnt craft exceot the santa compana staff which i do have) and the haralti ring mail
i tried duncraig instant death and ive got 140k def and my merc 49k and both 75% res or more

my merc keeps getting wiped out and then its all over for the minions even with 25 +lamia /flayers and ramps and 1 VA to start..
they jusat fade faster than i can re summon once the merc dies..

and my merc is 75% elm res and 49k def

Avoid barells , like on the video. They wipe out more or less everything. Your def does not matter , better not got hit at all.
Dunc is tricky , but doable :)
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Kylrath wrote:
bradr wrote:can you recommend any other areas that might have higher quality SU drops that wouldnt be instant death while missing a couple peices of end/middle game equip(basically anything i couldnt craft exceot the santa compana staff which i do have) and the haralti ring mail
i tried duncraig instant death and ive got 140k def and my merc 49k and both 75% res or more

my merc keeps getting wiped out and then its all over for the minions even with 25 +lamia /flayers and ramps and 1 VA to start..
they jusat fade faster than i can re summon once the merc dies..

and my merc is 75% elm res and 49k def

Avoid barells , like on the video. They wipe out more or less everything. Your def does not matter , better not got hit at all.
Dunc is tricky , but doable :)
ahh that must be what takes me out kk any reccs on other doable places that might not have a huge drop rate but drop high end stuff like goetia plate?? which is really what im trying to get done TA 100+times havent gotten anything higfher than 1 set ring mail 1 set scale mail.. lotsa weapons and gloves and boots LOL which sucks cause my mercs mf is 500+ and more like 800 when i use pot of greater greed
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
-updated TA strategy, midgame items, midgame skillplan and description of Rathma's Chosen.
-I need to insert an endgame gear section now in the near future.

btw Aerial, I just noticed your comment. I'm glad you use a similar build because... you know... you were already a big shot when I first got into the Median forums back in 2008. So I kinda feel like I achieved something with this build :D

As for bosses: I use 5 Frostclaw totems as well. I want you to understand that despite Frostclaw totem still being that OP atm, it seems that it was nerfed. Even with all points invested into Frostclaw totem I don't get as much damage as I did in the previous version. If you'd try out my build in MXL 2017, you would notice how much more stronger FCT was back then.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:-updated TA strategy, midgame items, midgame skillplan and description of Rathma's Chosen.
-I need to insert an endgame gear section now in the near future.

btw Aerial, I just noticed your comment. I'm glad you use a similar build because... you know... you were already a big shot when I first got into the Median forums back in 2008. So I kinda feel like I achieved something with this build :D

As for bosses: I use 5 Frostclaw totems as well. I want you to understand that despite Frostclaw totem still being that OP atm, it seems that it was nerfed. Even with all points invested into Frostclaw totem I don't get as much damage as I did in the previous version. If you'd try out my build in MXL 2017, you would notice how much more stronger FCT was back then.

for gloves i found these to be better than our crafted ones

you lose a bit in MF% and min life as a base stat but make upo for it by the soft skill lvl adds.. and calculated totals being higher...

the +2 skill lvls and the spell dmg % make up for it
ove socketed with ist craft jewels for 84% min life and each jewel is 2% cold dmg
and put 5 mf orbs for 20%
found that compared to the crafted gloves the following calculated stats are better with these gloves...minion hp are better and minion dmg better and our def better asnd our mana and life calculated not flat are better
frost totems dmg is better etc..

Lamha Na Draoithe
Defense: (1361-1512) to (1593-1769)
Required Strength: 344
Required Level: 100
+150 Strength Factor to Spell Damage
+2 to All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+75 to Strength
-100 to Life
All Resists +(21 to 25)%
Requirements -40%
Socketed (4)
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Is there any reason you removed nightwalker?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
jwei92 wrote:Is there any reason you removed nightwalker?

Yeah. This skill plan is especially meant for TA, when you have +2 necro minions from Felblood. We want tanky totems. But we already get tanky totems by smaxing Rathma's chosen and Frostclaw totem. --> No need for nightwalker's 50% avoid, if DFT and HT already receive 77% less damage and FCT has a good amount of life.

In a full TA you usually need to recast 1 frostclaw totem 3 times. That's good enough if we get to spend 20 more points so we don't need to recast Lamia's all the time (still have to do, but not as often) and for more FCT damage.

@Lamha na Droite
Yes it's the best gloves for basically every caster. The only problem is: I never found them (Well... I did find them once, but then shortly after I got an error message and got a rollback... That was when I still played SP) and I can't advice people to use gear which I haven't tested. But since you tested it, I'll add it to the list. I need to make an endgame gear section anyway.
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Donated 25 times
HechtHeftig wrote:
jwei92 wrote:Is there any reason you removed nightwalker?

Yeah. This skill plan is especially meant for TA, when you have +2 necro minions from Felblood. We want tanky totems. But we already get tanky totems by smaxing Rathma's chosen and Frostclaw totem. --> No need for nightwalker's 50% avoid, if DFT and HT already receive 77% less damage and FCT has a good amount of life.

In a full TA you usually need to recast 1 frostclaw totem 3 times. That's good enough if we get to spend 20 more points so we don't need to recast Lamia's all the time (still have to do, but not as often) and for more FCT damage.

@Lamha na Droite
Yes it's the best gloves for basically every caster. The only problem is: I never found them (Well... I did find them once, but then shortly after I got an error message and got a rollback... That was when I still played SP) and I can't advice people to use gear which I haven't tested. But since you tested it, I'll add it to the list. I need to make an endgame gear section anyway.

Ah gotcha. Is there ever really a right time to use Bane? I feel like Black Mass may do better or even that 1 point in Bane to Lamia.

Unless you can tell me when to use Bane.

I also don't have Felblood, but my current staff is +13 skills and also +3 max minions which I think might make up for the Felblood in the meantime.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
jwei92 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Yeah. This skill plan is especially meant for TA, when you have +2 necro minions from Felblood. We want tanky totems. But we already get tanky totems by smaxing Rathma's chosen and Frostclaw totem. --> No need for nightwalker's 50% avoid, if DFT and HT already receive 77% less damage and FCT has a good amount of life.

Ah gotcha. Is there ever really a right time to use Bane? I feel like Black Mass may do better or even that 1 point in Bane to Lamia.

Unless you can tell me when to use Bane.

I also don't have Felblood, but my current staff is +13 skills and also +3 max minions which I think might make up for the Felblood in the meantime.

Bane is important for 2 ubers due to physical immune enemies: Fauztinville and Duncraig. So unless you're going for one of those ubers, you're better off putting that point into Lamias/Black mass (I never used the latter tbh :D the enemies usually just die too fast.)

That staff of yours is enough to ditch Felblood. You can just go ahead and get a rare amu with +4 skills and some -enemy cold resist and/or minion life/ Magic find.
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Donated 25 times
Awesome thanks my dude.

I just saw you put Bane in the TA section and was wondering why I would want it.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
do i still need lightening arean for amu for end game??
ive got a fully orbed felblood but i also have a 3sk lvls lightening arean amu

and a 4 skill lvls one with min life and cold dmg and no lightening arean

im thinking ive got santa compan a so dont need 2 more minioons already summon nearly 80
so im thinking the +4skll lvls with min life as primary? and the ligtening arean +3 skill lvls with some flat dr orbs or min life orbs or something to use when lightening arena is specifically required...?
what do you think?