Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
First half of new Duncraig is really great. Second half is still shit. The requirement to teleport is a massive blow to progression. Making the uber more difficult because you added a timered teleport in which you just suicide and use one or two attacks until the room is clean is stupid. Would much much much much rather see the rest of the level have the small doorways like the first half has.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
This post focuses on Summoner Necro only. If you don't care, skip this post.

First of all, I want to say something about Summoner nec this season before I get to the point. I tried out VK for the first time in years. (I only used him after I reached level 90). Here's what I found annoying about him: I never saw more than 5 Veil terrors on the screen. Damn, even 9 Lamia's take out more enemies. I want you to note though, that I SMAX'ed VK and left VA at 1 point. Despite the fact that VK had twice the amount of HP of VA, I never saw VA even drop in HP, while VK had nearly always low HP, in case he was useful for once and killed a fallen. So the general problems VK has, are the following:
1: He's blocked by Rampagors and skeletal flayers. --> He can't get to the enemy.
2: He's blocked by Rampagors and skeletal flayers. --> He can't hide behind your minions like VA does (attacking from a safe spot), making him vulnerable as soon as he tries to become useful.
3: He's also blocked by Veil Terrors --> His usefulness is basically limited by his own passive effect. Like the function of sqrt X, there's an invisible asymptote, which VK can get close to, but never reach it. And the worst part: His usefulness is inversely proportional to the amount of minions you have. In a pure summoner build VK becomes useless. VK only excells at soloing, but even for that he's too weak.

I took him on a couple of ubers, so I hope you can understand, that this isn't just a simple "VK sucks because I tested him for 1 minute", but because I thoroughly tested him in different locations as I progressed.

My conclusion: VK is good for early game, but as soon as you get a decent army, he's falling far behind VA both in damage output and usefulness.

Okay. Now, that the, for most people already known, bad part has been said, let's get to the new skill: Rathma's Chosen.
I love this skill. It adds so much to the game. You finally did what PoE did years ago: Implementing a summon with a wide AoE attack. This is basically the best part about it. The additional tri-elemental damage is a great feat, which adds a good amount of base damage to summons, the DS is useful as well and the damage reduction for DFT and HT are also insane. You never have to worry about these 2 totems. This skill also frees up 23 points (at least in my build, where I used to use nightwalker so totems can survive better) which let's us also increase the damage output of Frostclaw totem and its survivability as well.
However, this skill also has 2 downsides:
1) You loose a big chunk of defense for yourself. And especially now, that Azmodan's level has more enemies that penetrate your minions and attack the summoner as well, this is a tiny bit dissatisfying. Needless to say that at some point you simply can't use RC anymore. The 20-35% of Avoid from Black Mass aren't great enough to bring us the required defensive values, and as a matter of fact, you can't always use this skill, since for example in fauztinville, you also need to distract Necrobots with minions summoned behind them. So you're left to go back to Death Ward and suffer heavy losses in kill speed.
2) There is such a huge missed opportunity here. How awesome would be Jinns in combination with RC? It's as if those 2 skills were meant for each other, yet they lock each other out. Imo that's such a wasted chance.

Okay, at this point it seems like I'm a total snob, who just wants an OP build to be buffed even further. But that is not my intention. I understand that you had to make this in order to balance this build at least a little bit out. Now you have to choose between survivability and damage output, and I'm fine with that. However, what I can't agree with is that a pure summoner necro is still nearly impossible. What I really want is a summoner build that works without a merc. Because let's face it: It's both impractical and costs lots of money since the AI is simply too stupid. And other than that, the damage the merc can spread is just ridiculous overpowered. 17 k damage (With Rathma's Chosen and a very weak bow) to every enemy on the screen, with each attack is just insane. And you don't even have to do anything for that! You just teleport around and everything dies as long as you and your merc survive. At least in the farming place (TA) this is ridiculous considering the only sacred Item on both my merc and myself is a crafted sacred long battle bow (not even a war bow lol).

So what I truly want to see: Basically a removal of both DFT and HT. Bring their effects as a passive directly onto the minions if that's possible.

This will adjust many problems this build has:
1. You get rid of the mercenary abuse, who can kill the whole screen in a matter of seconds with TU's only.
2. You can't get 600+ MF right after you hit level 120 if the merc isn't the only thing killing stuff. (tbh, when I farm TA, I never summon Rathma's chosen, because this guy just steals my merc the lasthits --> Less profitable run. The problem is that all his effects are passive, but increase the merc's damage output even further. It woud be different if RC had an aura with all those things, but I figure that's impossible, else you would've implemented it that way already)
3. You actually have points you can put into minions and don't need to sink your points into the totems just to increase their strength equally.

After I said all this, please let me list, what a pure summoner necro really lacked in previous versions:
1 Big AoE of minions
2 Damage of minions
3 Good movement speed of minions (so they can quickly travel over the battlefield)
4 good attack speed of minions (Dark Power can be used, but you usually don't pick it because you need the stats from a good staff, and Dark Power from
Blackheart
Blackheart
Grim Wand (4)

One-Hand Damage: 6 to 8
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 11
Required Dexterity: 15
Item Level: 1
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
15% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(6 to 9) to Summon Darklings
+1 to Dark Power
+(9 to 10)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+1 Life Regenerated per Second (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 17
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 29
Required Dexterity: 23
Item Level: 31
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
25% Cast Speed
25% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(12 to 16) to Summon Darklings
+2 to Dark Power
+(16 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Damage
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 17 to 26
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Dexterity: 46
Item Level: 51
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
35% Cast Speed
35% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(20 to 26) to Summon Darklings
+3 to Dark Power
+(26 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Damage
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 31
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 55
Required Dexterity: 92
Item Level: 77
+4 to Necromancer Skill Levels
40% Cast Speed
40% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(32 to 36) to Summon Darklings
+4 to Dark Power
+(36 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Damage
Socketed (2)
on switch poofs the additional minions from Santa Compana --> unusable)
5 Good amount of Survivability (it sucks having to use an uber skill that isn't meant for a summoner necro. That way we often can't really make use of 1 of the 2 uberskills that are actually meant for a summoner. Deathlord can't be used most of the time due to the cut in minion stats --> your meatshield dies away quickly & you have a lower cast rate.)
6 Good amount of minions that don't block each other/or much rather their damage output (blocking each other is necessary, so Rampagors and Skelektal flayers can spread and keep one safe though. Lamias are good in numbers vs bosses or other tough enemies. But you only get the good amount by using
Santa Compana
, which will be nerfed in the future anyway, or
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8467 - 9339) to (10376 - 11445)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 120
+3 to All Skills
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(151 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(51 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Life Regenerated per Second
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
which is way too fucking rare to easily get your hands on. (1 Goetia plate was sold for 425 TG this season. Ridiculous))

What the new patch solved:
point 1 Big AoE of minions
point 2 Damage of minions

But that costs:
point 5 good amount of Survivability

So basically: You already solved a third to a sixth of the issues. Congratulations and thanks a lot. I have a couple of suggestions on my mind, but I leave that to you devs, who know more about game design.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So in short: They actually buffed already strong build to make farming even easier? All you need is shitty bow and your a1 merc does the job for you? Well that is god news, finally something has changed with balance issues. I don't even know why I bothered farming with my char having as little as 100 MF.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
thunderman wrote:So in short: They actually buffed already strong build to make farming even easier? All you need is shitty bow and your a1 merc does the job for you? Well that is god news, finally something has changed with balance issues. I don't even know why I bothered farming with my char having as little as 100 MF.

Well, I'd rather say it has become harder.

Fauzt for example. It's much harder to get the Ghal rune now since you need Death Ward for that, so the damage is lacking --> more incoming attacks--> even more defense required. I even went ahead and used Death Lord Morph in order to farm there safely, which was a noticable blow to my minions survivability (from 54 k rampagor life to somewhat around 30 k) and the slower cast speed in death lord morph isn't helping either with sustaining the meatshield and distractions.

Another 2 aspects for TA farming: Previously you could just port once and stay there forever without dying. Now you actually have to continue porting since else your meat shield will spread. So yeah it has become just a little bit harder if you miss teleporting to your skeletal flayer. And the lightning zon has to be skipped due to crazy magnetic field damage.

And in case of shitty bow: It has over 550 max damage. It's just shitty compared to the bows I had in previous ladders with 596 max damage with a good proc and orbed with DS (which is now worse than EWD on that merc by a total of 3% damage) which my current bow is lacking. You also have to consider that EWD actually increases the damage on display, while DS doesn't. I think DS was previously 20% thanks to orbs. And the damage on my merc back then was around 15500. Add 20% to that (3100) and you get to 18600 damage. And this only counts when the merc has vanquish turned on in both cases. I'd say the damage output stayed about the same, considering that my bow is still lacking.
Just to get the math straight:
New version: 17k damage with 16 DS from Totem = 19720
Old version: 15,5 k damage with 20 DS from orbs = 18600

However, the CB from Howling totem was basically cut in half or even more since a bug was fixed which means: In the old version my merc always had 100% CB, in the new version my merc has 47%. And tbh, that's noticable in killspeed as well.

Then there's also the issue with resistances. My merc has basically 0 -enemy resist, and now the main damage on my merc is elemental, since most of it comes from DFT.

So even if the damage output is shown as more, the killspeed has been reduced.

I'd say it was a nerf, but it was only a small nerf.
boogoogoo
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
There may be a bug with Death Shard and Sacrifice. I cannot complete Den of Evil quest with these skills: There are no notification when I clear all monsters.I use MXL 1.2 (downloaded from Moddb at 26/12/2017).
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote: ...or
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8467 - 9339) to (10376 - 11445)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 120
+3 to All Skills
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(151 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(51 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Life Regenerated per Second
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
which is way too fucking rare to easily get your hands on. (1 Goetia plate was sold for 425 TG this season. Ridiculous))

This is NOT the marketprice, its a first ladderweek-trade from two guys (surely a PM or channeltrade), one is searching for a newbie with TGs, one think 42$ for a good armor is ok. 98% of the tradecommunity here are fair trader, only a few make deals like that or buy things for lowballs from newbies and sell them much higher in channel or via PM.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
On TSW realm, started with Launcher

NEPHALEM'S SACRIFICE:
a total of 10 brand new, very difficult, stages leading up to Uldyssian. Can you defeat the three Prime Evils at the same time?
located after the Diamond Gates, in Khalimgrad. Uldyssian health lowered to compensate. Oh, and it's 100% Bug-Free guaranteed™

Blood Raven died near the mausoleum and did not drop a Portal.

For the stage high council - when the correct one dies he drops a portal despite the others still being alive, the same applies to the 3 prime evils.

Bonus Info: If you kill Radament here without having done the Q before he will drop a book of skill and you will get the quest.

Also it doesn't feel like uldy has 50% less HP. And for fucks sake those stages are super boring, just stationary standing there and left clicking til something dies. It either takes too long or misses thrilling mechanics.
Tokii
Acid Prince
47 | 3
Desperx wrote:From SP:

1. trap rats monsters does insane damage even vs 40% DR and 400k defense on destruction
2. merces are bugged, chars does low damage, looks like problem with hit reg feels like lag. Can be seen well with barage amazon + barb or shapeshifter. The barage does like 30% damage only.
3. Nerfed radius of ranged skill is too big, monsters have higher range and cast slow so ranged chars slowed and without teleport are fu*ked up and unplayable. This is major issue my bow amazon and hammer amazon are barely playable, same for barb and his meele sword and axe aoe skills. I rather play meele chars now. This is really shame.
4. Fautzville on destruction is insane I have no idea what type of char can survive there, I made tanky paly, ama, barb, druid and tested some builds and noone can't step foot into without dying in seconds. Even 1 mil def barb can't survive there. Fau needs nerf, I only seen some puncing or summoning builds on youtube.

Is there any fix on the way?

1. Trap rats multihit, thus the main defense against them comes from life, flat DR and FHR
2. Not sure i understand you here, but might be a case of merc putting next delay on monsters and blocking your dmg.
3. I call bullshit on this one :D Range was mostly nerfed on skills going outside the screen...
4. You only need good dmg to clear fauztinville reliably, nothing else.. 1 mil def barb should have no problem surviving there tho..
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tokii wrote:
Desperx wrote:From SP:

1. trap rats monsters does insane damage even vs 40% DR and 400k defense on destruction
2. merces are bugged, chars does low damage, looks like problem with hit reg feels like lag. Can be seen well with barage amazon + barb or shapeshifter. The barage does like 30% damage only.
3. Nerfed radius of ranged skill is too big, monsters have higher range and cast slow so ranged chars slowed and without teleport are fu*ked up and unplayable. This is major issue my bow amazon and hammer amazon are barely playable, same for barb and his meele sword and axe aoe skills. I rather play meele chars now. This is really shame.
4. Fautzville on destruction is insane I have no idea what type of char can survive there, I made tanky paly, ama, barb, druid and tested some builds and noone can't step foot into without dying in seconds. Even 1 mil def barb can't survive there. Fau needs nerf, I only seen some puncing or summoning builds on youtube.

Is there any fix on the way?

1. Trap rats multihit, thus the main defense against them comes from life, flat DR and FHR
2. Not sure i understand you here, but might be a case of merc putting next delay on monsters and blocking your dmg.
3. I call bullshit on this one :D Range was mostly nerfed on skills going outside the screen...
4. You only need good dmg to clear fauztinville reliably, nothing else.. 1 mil def barb should have no problem surviving there tho..

This is range of barage I would call it bullshit. This is not about spamming off screen but only half range of screen.

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
1.) I do agree that the Barrage range is pretty shitty now but it also was never really intended as a main attack, I don't think. More of a support skill.

2.) Also, using Wyrmshot and maxing Sunstrike gives great seek range, but I've had many instances where I can stand and just bombard an enemy that I know should die quickly, but just doesn't because even though the seek range reaches the target, they don't take damage until their AI is activated. Seems like a pretty major flaw in ranged skills that you technically can hit them, but they just don't get hit without moving closer.

3.) Enchanting Crystals may as well be removed since there's no real easy way to obtain them. You can't farm for them with the removal of Dark Summoning, yet having to go through all the new Diablo bosses to spawn Diablo, to then have like... a 1/400th chance to get an EC from killing a few Eternal Ghosts along the way in Void seems 100% not worth it. Suggestion: Remove them entirely or make them drop from another monster/boss. Maybe give them a trophy drop rate from Xazax since old Brachyceran used to drop multiple crystal types?

4.) THere's an invisible wall in this screenshot where I've marked (roughly).
Location: The first path down/right from entrance to the Jungles.