Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Solfege wrote:
Dominos9189 wrote:I was able to damage [Uldy Stage 7 Korlic] by alternating between my summon edyrem and quill storm...for some reason that caused my storm to actually hit him....

This is interesting. I also had a lot of trouble with WDM attacks doing no damage to Korlic. Will try the Edyrem thing too and see what happens.

Hmm Korlic was immortal for several minutes in my game too, the other time he died first. Maybe it's just a bug where he doesn't really touch the ground after jumping? I couldn't phase bomb him either. That's not normal.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Nitz wrote:
Solfege wrote:
Dominos9189 wrote:I was able to damage [Uldy Stage 7 Korlic] by alternating between my summon edyrem and quill storm...for some reason that caused my storm to actually hit him....

This is interesting. I also had a lot of trouble with WDM attacks doing no damage to Korlic. Will try the Edyrem thing too and see what happens.

Hmm Korlic was immortal for several minutes in my game too, the other time he died first. Maybe it's just a bug where he doesn't really touch the ground after jumping? I couldn't phase bomb him either. That's not normal.

If you haven't yet, pls report this in MXL 1.2 Bugs&Feedback. Maybe it's something the devs have to look into and here it will just be lost
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
So after finally killing Korlic as well as the other stages, I made it to Uldy. I'm hitting him with purify, and the fight seems pretty straightforward, but it is painfully slow. I've been fighting him for over an hour and I maybe have him down to 75-80% hp. I'm purifying him as much as I can. Is there any trick to dealing more damage to him? Does he only take damage from purify if he is normal looking and not ethereal with a light beam over his head? Does he need open wounds? It doesn't seem like he does, as he hasn't regen'd any hp.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dominos9189 wrote:So after finally killing Korlic as well as the other stages, I made it to Uldy. I'm hitting him with purify, and the fight seems pretty straightforward, but it is painfully slow. I've been fighting him for over an hour and I maybe have him down to 75-80% hp. I'm purifying him as much as I can. Is there any trick to dealing more damage to him? Does he only take damage from purify if he is normal looking and not ethereal with a light beam over his head? Does he need open wounds? It doesn't seem like he does, as he hasn't regen'd any hp.

Any time you're using Purify to kill a boss, you need Open Wounds. Purify basically acts as a source of life degeneration, and applying open wounds allows the degen to have a continuous effect. In theory, you can kill Uldyssian with one purify. He has something like 50% avoid normally and when the beam is above his head, its 100% avoid, so nothing will hit.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I just joined Median XL today (New Year's day!) and I'm enjoying the game more than words can express so far. It's been quite a battle as I embark on my new Amazon. I must have played for several hours today and reached a shade over level 30. I'm already at Duriel and debating whether or not to end act 2. Only because I'm using the quest amulet from the valley of snakes. It has excellent poison resist and something like +5 % experience and plus attributes. It's one of the better items I've gotten so far. Don't laugh at me!

My question is, and sorry for being a beginner here, but what are some other items or things I can do to improve my "all resist" especially fire and lightning. Those monsters are just wrecking me with ease. My HP goes down like melted butter inside a ring of fire. It's a little frustrating when I'm trying to survive but I've already died like five or six times.

I decided to make a scepter build using those lightning hammers and a couple points in thunderstruck, and a lot invested into the fire summons and all of those synergies on the right side of that skills tab (sorry if I'm forgetting the name, already logged out to rest a little). I am not too worried about being good or anything. I'm just having a lot of fun. But at some point I'd like to be able to survive the heavy doses of elemental attacks.

Also, I didn't realize that I needed so much strength to equip the armors.
Unfortunately I was investing into vitality and dexterity quite a bit but I'll be okay.
I did pump like 20 points into energy as well because of the lightning hammers.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
L H wrote:
Dominos9189 wrote:So after finally killing Korlic as well as the other stages, I made it to Uldy. I'm hitting him with purify, and the fight seems pretty straightforward, but it is painfully slow. I've been fighting him for over an hour and I maybe have him down to 75-80% hp. I'm purifying him as much as I can. Is there any trick to dealing more damage to him? Does he only take damage from purify if he is normal looking and not ethereal with a light beam over his head? Does he need open wounds? It doesn't seem like he does, as he hasn't regen'd any hp.

Any time you're using Purify to kill a boss, you need Open Wounds. Purify basically acts as a source of life degeneration, and applying open wounds allows the degen to have a continuous effect. In theory, you can kill Uldyssian with one purify. He has something like 50% avoid normally and when the beam is above his head, its 100% avoid, so nothing will hit.

THANK YOU! I will purify him only when he's normal and try to keep quill storm on him for open wounds.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
DreamTeam wrote:I just joined Median XL today (New Year's day!) and I'm enjoying the game more than words can express so far. It's been quite a battle as I embark on my new Amazon. I must have played for several hours today and reached a shade over level 30. I'm already at Duriel and debating whether or not to end act 2. Only because I'm using the quest amulet from the valley of snakes. It has excellent poison resist and something like +5 % experience and plus attributes. It's one of the better items I've gotten so far. Don't laugh at me!

My question is, and sorry for being a beginner here, but what are some other items or things I can do to improve my "all resist" especially fire and lightning. Those monsters are just wrecking me with ease. My HP goes down like melted butter inside a ring of fire. It's a little frustrating when I'm trying to survive but I've already died like five or six times.

I decided to make a scepter build using those lightning hammers and a couple points in thunderstruck, and a lot invested into the fire summons and all of those synergies on the right side of that skills tab (sorry if I'm forgetting the name, already logged out to rest a little). I am not too worried about being good or anything. I'm just having a lot of fun. But at some point I'd like to be able to survive the heavy doses of elemental attacks.

Also, I didn't realize that I needed so much strength to equip the armors.
Unfortunately I was investing into vitality and dexterity quite a bit but I'll be okay.
I did pump like 20 points into energy as well because of the lightning hammers.

Runes help if you're in a pinch with resists in the early game. They give 30% to an element in armor, and 40% in weapons. Pretty easy to cap that way and when you get more resists on gear later on, you can just take the runes out.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
DreamTeam wrote:Stuff...

For resists, you can socket your gear with Runes (as Dominos said), resistance gems (Amber, Bloodstone, Onyx, Turquoise for armor; Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz, Emerald for shields), jewels with res mods, make jewelwords, or simply wear gear with res mods. You can also buy Mystic Orbs from vendors, but they're expensive early on. Check the vendor inventories for what they offer (A1=Gheed, A2=Drognan, A3=Alkor, A4=Halbu, A5=Larzuk).

Really, the only thing you need to be aware of as a new player is that there are 3 level-restricted events: Level Challenge 1 (max clvl 50), Ennead Challenge (max clvl 80), and Level Challenge 2 (max clvl 90). So make sure not to over-level before you've completed them.

Finally, if you screw up your build, don't worry. You still get 1 Akara respec per difficulty, as well as Belladonna Extracts, which also allow you to repec and typically start dropping around A2 Terror.

For more info, look to the Official Documentation and the Median Wiki. And there's a Median Discord Channel if you don't know about that already.

There are also many build guides in the Guide Center that can help you know what's generally important and give you tips on how to do certain things, even if the particular guide isn't for your build.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
What happens if I over level before I meet the level 50 restriction?
Am I able to proceed despite not picking up the rewards?
Thank you for the help, Sorry if I typed too much. I appreciate it.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
DreamTeam wrote:What happens if I over level before I meet the level 50 restriction?
Am I able to proceed despite not picking up the rewards?
Thank you for the help, Sorry if I typed too much. I appreciate it.

You can still proceed with the game, you just won't be able to complete the Challenge. And as such, you won't get the super-helpful bonuses offered by the Charms associated with those Challenges (there are ways to get around it though if you screw up).

And don't worry about typing too much. I wrote "Stuff..." b/c there was no need for me to repost your full quote when Dominos already quoted you in the post directly above mine.