Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The levels for the new Uldy stages are great. Using segments of the levels in which each enemy originally spawns really makes each area feel unique.

My only complaint with the Uldy quest is with the Edyrem themselves (this is an old complaint, I'm just now voicing it). Even by Stage 4, I'm already sick to death of hearing that damn Sacred Armor sound effect, let alone during the actual Uldy fight. Is there any way Edyrem could maybe use SA more strategically? Like, when they're actually engaged in combat and not just spam it constantly while running around. From a gameplay standpoint, I don't care how often they use it, but the endless sound of it gets on my nerves.
Edited by Solfege 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Weird names still exist

Tokii
Acid Prince
47 | 3
Desperx wrote:
This is range of barage I would call it bullshit. This is not about spamming off screen but only half range of screen.

Barrage is a point blank skill, even if it had some range it would do very little dmg
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
patch nots: "cow soldiers no longer leave corpses"
Dunno if it meant literally cow soldiers? Maybe these are cow honcho corpses? Or reanimates are fucking up the corpse thing? I dunno.

Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ye theres cow soldiers which are most of the cows in the level and then theres honchos and summoners and others, so only soldiers corpses are removed.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
As per RequiemLux' suggestion, posting from SQT possible bug regarding Uldy Stage 7 Korlic. (ty Lux)
Edited comment chain to include more of Dominos9189's comment for more context.

Nitz wrote:
Solfege wrote:
Dominos9189 wrote:Thanks for the info! I was actually able to unmorph and live long enough for the portal to come off cd and summon the portal. I've been working on the stages for the past hour or so. I'm currently stuck on stage 7...none of my abilities can hit korlic. I managed to kill the other two ancients just fine. What can I use to kill him as a trap rat?

Edit: Nevermind....I was able to damage him by alternating between my summon edyrem and quill storm...for some reason that caused my storm to actually hit him....

This is interesting. I also had a lot of trouble with WDM attacks doing no damage to Korlic. Will try the Edyrem thing too and see what happens.

Hmm Korlic was immortal for several minutes in my game too, the other time he died first. Maybe it's just a bug where he doesn't really touch the ground after jumping? I couldn't phase bomb him either. That's not normal.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The various passive buffs and Carnage on Rathma's Chosen is great, but his Arachnomancy does very very little damage (yes, i've done very specific testing to identify Arachnomancy as the lackluster skill. I can upload a video if need be). I'm assuming his Carnage uses his base melee damage because it's a WDM skill, while Arachnomancy doesn't because it's a spell.

He's still great regardless. I personally would prefer a temporary party buff instead of Arachnomancy. But a slight damage increase to the spell would be a sufficient change. Overall, he's a much more practical replacement to the old uberskill.

I only post this to help with post release balancing for a future patch.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Uldy stage 4 - Summoner did not spawn.

Another time Blood Raven did not spawn a portal.

The Korlic bug has been mentioned already.

Duriel/Azmodans son just gave me a portal to the first stage. In 6 Runs he has never done that before.

Dark portal does not work with Lioness! Bear stance and death lord morph is ok but lioness really sucks.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:Dragon Wyrms are still not worth the trouble for a holy caster . They either need a heavy boost/rework or a replacement imo . There is no real reason to pick that skill at the moment :

- the number of wyrms is too low in early - mid game , so the efficiency vs crowded spots is low compared with other options (be it Frozen Breath or an oskill) . they could start at least with 8 wyrms at level 1 and each cast may spawn packs of 5
- their overall damage/efficiency is decent once you get at least 15 of them , but again , you get better results vs crowds while using Apocalypse , not to mention Brimstone which is a few times better .

maby replace their fireball attacks with something that covers more aoe ,heavy increase the speed of the fireballs ... ? i can't tell for sure what boost would fix them better , but what is certain is that this patch they will still be ignored

Are you serious? Have you tried that skill? :)
First of all - it's one of best single target skills in whole game for now. And second - it's fully autoaiming that means you don't need to see target for them to aim it. For example: let's say, ATMG sentry won't shoot anything if you will open door and run away (lose visual contact with monsters) while wyrms still will clear any room (and even will try to hit monsters that stay behind walls).
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Scalewinged wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:Dragon Wyrms are still not worth the trouble for a holy caster . They either need a heavy boost/rework or a replacement imo . There is no real reason to pick that skill at the moment :

- the number of wyrms is too low in early - mid game , so the efficiency vs crowded spots is low compared with other options (be it Frozen Breath or an oskill) . they could start at least with 8 wyrms at level 1 and each cast may spawn packs of 5
- their overall damage/efficiency is decent once you get at least 15 of them , but again , you get better results vs crowds while using Apocalypse , not to mention Brimstone which is a few times better .

maby replace their fireball attacks with something that covers more aoe ,heavy increase the speed of the fireballs ... ? i can't tell for sure what boost would fix them better , but what is certain is that this patch they will still be ignored

Are you serious? Have you tried that skill? :)
First of all - it's one of best single target skills in whole game for now. And second - it's fully autoaiming that means you don't need to see target for them to aim it. For example: let's say, ATMG sentry won't shoot anything if you will open door and run away (lose visual contact with monsters) while wyrms still will clear any room (and even will try to hit monsters that stay behind walls).
yes , i am currently updating a build based on them dealing with the magic immunes (Drakemaw main attack) . My feedback comes for playing with it like that until destruction mid-dificulty ubers untill this moment .

I stick to my initial statement , the wyrms suck balls even with dedicated gear (fascinating crafts) compared with other options .

in early game they don't even worth using while they are just a few because it takes forever to kill a big pack , again , compared with other options . as stated above , they start being decent while in big numbers .

since there are better options for that matter , i consider they need a boost , be it for the number of wyrms in early game or the AOE of their attacks . have you tried killing a big pack with just 6 or 7 wyrms ? how long did it take ? :lol: now compare that with 2 or 3 casts of Brimstone (and it's not like Brimstone is not also having a short delay until spreading the damage ) . the difference is enormous . by the time you cast them and they start attacking something , Brimstone already got the job done and the screen is clear .

Scalewinged wrote:it's one of best single target skills in whole game for now.
i can name at least 10 which are far better than them for single targets , but i am pointing the issue about their AOE capability , not for the single targets , also , about the early and mid game with just a few wyrms available . that's where they need a balance

i do not say that they are crap in end game with godly gear , i say that they need some balance until that point in order to allow the builds that use them to get a faster and smoother game progress

feedback for the feedback thread