Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
Kostetus wrote:I'm being raped in TA, cannot play even 2 minutes without dying.

My stats:
► Show Spoiler

Should I change my build or what?

You clearly need more def and damage reduce, try to get build around cold and light or cold and psn for the passiv which give both nice amout of def
as dommsday said , 400k def is a good cap
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
@L H
@Doomsday
@Caleb

Thanks for the answers, guys)
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kostetus wrote:I'm being raped in TA, cannot play even 2 minutes without dying.

My stats:
► Show Spoiler

Should I change my build or what?

Two words: Force Blast. Idk why no one else uses that skill. It's great.

A point into Symbol of Esu is also a good idea. Even with Living Flame, the Life regen often isn't enough to counter the onslaught there. Summons are good, too. Even 1 point Blade Spirits with the Fire/Lightning passives and they almost never die. Only passive combo that's better for them is Lightning/Cold.

Speaking of which, Lightning tree is best tree for TA. Even with 60k def, Amazons only have like 43% chance to hit or something. Then you get 18% Avoid on top of that.
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Also, stupid question but: Does the Miasma damage stack?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
no because it's poison
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pretty sure it takes the highest amount of poison damage dealt during the cast and continually applies the highest amount over the duration
Legendaire
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kylrath wrote:Summoner barb. I only have 18 minion. Works great in k3k and jungle, but not in TA. Also i have most of the charms. Its cheap and strong build for starters

Can I get a link to the build / told what the summons are?

I will play this next ladder start if possible sounds fun :)
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
If I wanted to make a pure melee build which class is best for that? Would the shapeshift Druid be my best bet? Somebody told me the rat was good for beginner players and weren't very gear dependent. Right now I'm having trouble finding any success with any particular build. I'm worried I'm never going to settle in and find anything that I truly enjoy and can become end-game viable.

Median XL looks like a super fun game but without the knowledge all of you have, I'm worried I'll never become good at anything. Also the challenges you have to do before level 50, 80 and 90: They scare me and are intimidating. I don't know if I can pass them. If I even reach that far of a level.

The best advise I've received so far is somebody told me not to feel too overwhelmed at first. They feel that some new Median XL players become frustrated and they end up going back to the original game or other simpler mods like Path of Diablo. But I don't want to quit Median XL after a few days just because the game seems hard to me. I really do want to enjoy the game for a long time and eventually become good with at least one character class.

Another issue I'm having: I keep pushing GS10 and the Texas server doesn't work for me. It keeps sending me to the New York or Seattle server instead. I live in Texas so I'd rather use the Texas server. Should I push GS 10 (skip a space) or is it GS10 with no space skipped? I can't get either to work.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sorceress is really the only up-to-date melee guide that doesn't require extremely rich gear.

the command would be /gs 10

type /servers in the lobby to see which are online/offline and how many players are using them. you can also look at the top under the multiplayer tab for server info
Krozra
Imp
5 | 0
I'm probably just doing something simple wrong, but I've updated as I normally do by replacing all patch files in the D2 folder and it's still on the old version. Am I required to change over to 1.14 or play online for 1.2 to work?
Edited by Krozra 6 years.