Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Starmaiden

Should this be Lightning pierce instead of Cold or psn?

Seems in a weird spot. Two of the three give pierce to the ways damage of assassin, but cold is out of place if you consider the third ways damage, but if you're going away from that, poison is out of place to go towards the standard tri-ele pierce.

Also, Valthek moves now which eliminted the circle method to fighting him, so you really just have to stand and wait for him to pounce, purify, then hope you run away in time to not die? Feels like a strange fix to a boss-killing method. That's how I see it at least. The circle was a little cheesy before, but now it kinda forces you to suicide if you're a low hp/low avoid character.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I don't know what you guys think about this. I'm all for having less range so the action stays on the screen.

But, before removing players range, make sure changes goes to monsters too. Alpha Centaurs using colloseum/ Seraphims pouncing on you 1.5 screens away have never been fair, especially for low defense characters. The worse for me is that Malic douchebag spamming a one shot skill( Although slow) 2-3 screens away and even on another part of the map.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
^Was thinking exactly this.

Projectiles being capped at a distance equal to the diagonal length of 1024x768 + 1/2 is probably fine for 1024x768 resolution, but that's still like 2 full screens in 800x600. A lot of fuss has been made about reducing and/or preventing players from off-screening monsters. Yet 10-15 Necrobots can still gang-rape you from far beyond the range of any of your own skills. And many monsters can off-screen players even through walls and around corners. Meanwhile, the player can't even plant a summon across a table directly in front of them.

As to the off-screen thing, I can probably learn to live with it if 1024x768 is right around the corner. As to monsters casting through walls and around corners, idk why that's a thing.

----------

Other feedback:

1. The duration reduction+damage increase of Blood Princes' on-death novas was a step in the right direction. Hopefully, other monsters with similar spammy on-death procs will get the same treatment (Frog-type monsters using Frog Prince, Harpy-type monsters in the Throne of Destruction, etc.). As they are, these things are more of a nuisance than a threat.

2. Can a short lockout delay be added when going through Dark Portals like with Town Portals? What I mean is, when you go through a TP, you have to wait a few seconds before going back through it. Can that same thing be added to Dark Portals? Some DPs put you right in the middle of the action, and it's easy to misclick and keep bouncing back and forth through the DP.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:Tldr

I don't know what you meant as mid-ubers but here's one of examples how useful they are (same rape happens to most bosses without fire immune). But ye. main skill is not wyrms, it's frozen breath or drakemaw (i prefered first) since wyrms are single-target just like RoF for caster dru, thunderstone for light sorc and so on.

► Holy caster with set vs. QT
Eureka
Destroyer
6 | 0
I have found some minor errors:

1. Some skill-icons are transparent. So far I have noticed that with Clobber and Summon Sinner.

2. The runeword
Minefield

Minefield
One-Handed Swords
Except Two-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords

'IgnTyrRalOhm'
Runeword Level: 100
If you have 90% Fire Resist: +50% Fire Spell Damage
40% Hit Recovery
+(25 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +30%
Fire Absorb (1 to 2)%
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of (400 to 500)
gives a bonus of +3 to Terror Strike, while the documentation shows +15.
► Show Spoiler

3. Velocity bonus from Rapture won't add up in the stats-screen, except for faster cast rate, although the effect is noticeable, especially movement speed.
► Show Spoiler

Please excuse any errors with formating and grammar in advance, since I am new to this forum and have to figure out how different tools work. Also I haven't played Median since 2014, if i recall it right, but started again with the new patch (mXL2017 1.2).
You guys are doing a great job, it really became an outstanding, nearly an entire new Diablo game, which I really enjoy playing so far - right now first character holy caster at lvl 120, trying to obtain last 1/3 of missing charms ;)

Keep up the amazing work!
"when sigma?"
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
1) thanks
2) on chars with that skill, the bonus is reduced to +3. on other chars it shows +15
3) velocity and faster run/walk speed are different things. velocity doesn't have diminishing returns, frw does. effective frw (after diminishing returns) is velocity. anyways, maybe velocity % can be added there, marco will see
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Eureka
Destroyer
6 | 0
Quirinus wrote:1) thanks
2) on chars with that skill, the bonus is reduced to +3. on other chars it shows +15
3) velocity and faster run/walk speed are different things. velocity doesn't have diminishing returns, frw does. effective frw (after diminishing returns) is velocity. anyways, maybe velocity % can be added there, marco will see

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here is an error I had recently:
► Show Spoiler

Finally I had some questions and requests regarding some game mechanics and (new) features, the documentations and future updates.
Do you still collect ideas for upcoming patches and/or Sigma? If so, I would like to post some in Suggestions for upcoming patch. It's better to ask, then to be sorry for wasted time and effort later on :D.
SIN
Prowler
18 | 0
Reanimate...

jmess738
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
hi i got this error often when im quitting a game

and that one too sometimes

im using mxl launcher and d2stats only. if anyone can help me with that
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
jmess738 wrote:hi i got this error often when im quitting a game

and that one too sometimes

im using mxl launcher and d2stats only. if anyone can help me with that

this median patch has that problem (it's not a launcher/d2stats error), but it will be fixed in a new patch.
it doesn't do anything, except being slightly annoying when exiting the game, so don't worry
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017