Untwinked Single Player build for 1.2

Discuss Median XL!
locked21
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Thank you suchbalance, bow druid seems nice, I think im going ranged... What skill do you recommend?
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
suchbalance wrote:Melee: Treewarden / holy melee, both of these have up-to-date guides afaik. Any barb build (literally) as long as you set him up right, there is also an iron spiral guide up.

As far as casters go: sorc & necro good as always, mana sorc got a big buff in the patch. Holy caster is pretty underrated altho he is harder to play. One mistake that people who played ultimative and not 2017 make is try to bumrush the game in T1s and garbage gear and suffer as a result. You need to keep your gear up to date now for casters also.

If you wanna try something ranged I'd recommend a bow druid, great aoe, tanky & decent single target.

Suchbalance, will you ever do any more guides? I love your guides, and in fact, first build i ever played in median was your bowazon, totally loved it and it helped me understand Median back when i was starting!
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
locked21 wrote:Thank you suchbalance, bow druid seems nice, I think im going ranged... What skill do you recommend?

sMaxed nova shot for single target, when you're getting gangbanged by melees and as a mana spender is a must. Then between spore/cascade/laughing depends on your preferences really. I like spore shot for huge crowds & cascade for spread out mobs & as an opener due to its huge range.

LG_Blitz wrote:Suchbalance, will you ever do any more guides? I love your guides, and in fact, first build i ever played in median was your bowazon, totally loved it and it helped me understand Median back when i was starting!

I might do one in the future, no promises however. I don't really have as much time to spend on such stuff as before.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
suchbalance wrote:
locked21 wrote:Thank you suchbalance, bow druid seems nice, I think im going ranged... What skill do you recommend?

sMaxed nova shot for single target, when you're getting gangbanged by melees and as a mana spender is a must. Then between spore/cascade/laughing depends on your preferences really. I like spore shot for huge crowds & cascade for spread out mobs & as an opener due to its huge range.

LG_Blitz wrote:Suchbalance, will you ever do any more guides? I love your guides, and in fact, first build i ever played in median was your bowazon, totally loved it and it helped me understand Median back when i was starting!

I might do one in the future, no promises however. I don't really have as much time to spend on such stuff as before.

How does bow druid handle getting charms tho? Nova shot for single-target doesn't seem very strong imo. Wouldn't laughing ghost be better? And what about fire immunes?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ventrell wrote:One of the builds I want to try is Nagisin, but all the guides that I had read are outdated. Can anyone give me a hint about skills distribution and stats distribution? Thanks guys and sorry for the bad english. :oops:

Don't do it unless you have great items and most charms.
Staedtler82
Rust Claw
86 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Ventrell wrote:Thnaks Nitz for the advice. Do you recommend any assassin build to start the game untwinked? Or any char, melee, range or caster? Thanks again. :mrgreen:

I think that sin melee is just lvling faster. Range for ubers. Caster for farm. Well, untwinked sin would be range.
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
suchbalance wrote:If you wanna try something ranged I'd recommend a bow druid, great aoe, tanky & decent single target.

Hey SB, can you please give me/us some tips about the bowzon in MXL 2017? I read through the patchnotes and Chuck Norris' miniguide for a bowzon and noticed, that he isn't even mentioning wyrmshot for example, whats going on there? When I played my bowzon in MXL XV, wyrmshot was the go to (I followed your guide), so I'm very confused.

Every answer to this will be very appreciated!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AnubisQQ wrote:
suchbalance wrote:If you wanna try something ranged I'd recommend a bow druid, great aoe, tanky & decent single target.

Hey SB, can you please give me/us some tips about the bowzon in MXL 2017? I read through the patchnotes and Chuck Norris' miniguide for a bowzon and noticed, that he isn't even mentioning wyrmshot for example, whats going on there? When I played my bowzon in MXL XV, wyrmshot was the go to (I followed your guide), so I'm very confused.

Every answer to this will be very appreciated!

I've only played bowzon this season as per SB's old guide and it still works fine once you get the set. You have to understand you're going to die a lot as a zero defense character, but if you don't mind that and learning to dodge and such, its fine.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ventrell wrote:Thnaks Nitz for the advice. Do you recommend any assassin build to start the game untwinked? Or any char, melee, range or caster? Thanks again. :mrgreen:

Sin is a bad char to start median. As a noob you shouldn't do that it just leads to frustrations. If you want to do it go for the limpet laser guide. For leveling I recommend either the TU nagi and barrier strike or fireball sentry. You can get a good bunch of charms just with honorific items. And all with shrine crafted but if you shrine craft anyways then you should/could go for electrofield sentry.

Easy starters are all barb builds, most paladin builds, caster sorcs/druid.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Nitz wrote:Unholy melee simply because it's one of the funniest chars to play.

Is there an updated guide for this?