Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Thanks for the help and tips, guys!
Hopefully I'll find a character that treats me well.

I'm thinking of starting up a Bowazon because I found one decent bow - level 20.
It's the highest damage weapon I've come across so far. I'm thinking it's a sign.

Believe me I expect to die a lot. I just want to become good at something in the process.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bowzon is pretty powerful, although you play with 0 defense. Some parts are a pain. ( End A3 and Manglers/Cruciators.) Ideally, try to learn which enemy deals which type of damage and how strong it is. Knowledge is power in this game, especially with glass canons
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I want to make an effective bowazon that is highly invested into barrage and ecstatic frenzy. Is that possible or even doable? I die a lot already with low defense so I figure it's worth a shot. Or would sun strike and dragonlore be a wiser investment of my skill points? I must find skills that I enjoy otherwise I end up placing them all over the place and not where I should be.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ecstatic frenzy AND barrage is a no go on 90% of the situations. Whatever manages to pass through your barrage will most likely hit you melee. If you stop shooting to dodge and move, stuff will stop dying and more mobs will go after you. Past Hatred you will have issues. This tactic is good to brute force a boss tho, coupled with spellbind.

Dragonlore is a MUST here. I recommend you checking SuchBalance's bowzon guide. It may be a tad old, but she didn't change very much in the last patches and everything is explained in a way even a beginner like you can understand.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You don't really need to emphasize Dragonlore. It won't do you a whole lot of good without ele pierce to go with it. Phys/Magic bowzon (high phys damage gear + frenzy) does great too.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
nvrmind found it was thinking of the slep+trophies recipe disregard
caincake
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What's a good amount of Shuriken Flurry damage in mid game (early destruction)? I've been getting 2-3k with hobo gear and it's not being spectacularly effective.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
How many characters can you create per account?

Also, if I struggle with my builds can I continue to seek your advise?

Chances are I'm going to be a major newbie for a while. The game is challenging.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
How do i get a MOTW oskill for a weapon switch for my barb.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
DreamTeam wrote:If I wanted to make a pure melee build which class is best for that? Would the shapeshift Druid be my best bet? Somebody told me the rat was good for beginner players and weren't very gear dependent. Right now I'm having trouble finding any success with any particular build. I'm worried I'm never going to settle in and find anything that I truly enjoy and can become end-game viable.

Barbarian Iron Spiral/Deathgaze would work great with small investment.
Lots of defense and good offense because his passives are just too good. I have one with main damage come from Daedalus and Wolves passives. Used no stances just because i don't like attack with left click

DreamTeam wrote:I want to make an effective bowazon that is highly invested into barrage and ecstatic frenzy. Is that possible or even doable? I die a lot already with low defense so I figure it's worth a shot. Or would sun strike and dragonlore be a wiser investment of my skill points? I must find skills that I enjoy otherwise I end up placing them all over the place and not where I should be.

I'm currently building Barrage with ecstatic frenzy. Mostly scale physical and get EWDs from gears with leech jewels. I have over 80% leech already and can facetank most bosses. I died mostly from Manglers or any multiprojectiles attacks.