What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1. Eromanga Sensei
Trash, no idea why people liked this series. I admit i love the Oreimo much more than this, every episodes I watched feel with "meh" without excitement or something new / interesting. Not to mention how ridiculous the whole premise / characters setup. Not that cute either, for an imouto-type series (Oreimo, Umaru-chan, Mahouka, No Game no life etc)

2. Evangelion ...the RE movie, number 3.
Started with a bang, but then everything falling apart throughout the series. I dont remember much details on earlier movies, but Im pretty sure that movie no2 was much better in both lore / fanservice. This movie feel like doesnt make sense at all and everything happened just for shock factor. Im probably not a good reviewer for this series, but I dont think it is good movie as stand-alone either. BAKA Shinji.

3. Occult; Nine
Another "what the heck I dont understand this" series that feel goofy (I kinda dislike this style usually) that doesnt explain much at earlier part of the series. I think it is just in 2/3 part then it kinda start becoming more interesting but with too much plot dump (exposition is the term?) that made it is harder to digest the story. Out of many series with ; VN series, this one is slightly just a bit above Chaos;Head. I gonna assume that this series (assuming they all from same game company) only work with 24 episode rather than just 12.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Started watching Mashiro Iro Symphony because my gf was watching it too so i thought "what the heck sure".

I want to die violently as a result. What a load of non eventful slice of life shit. Also protag follows the generic donkan stereotype that gets all girls fawning over him for no fucking reason. Shinde kudasai.

I remembered i hadnt finished Shin Sekai Yori when it first aired because real life got in the way and i was just too busy to continue after ep 3 or 4, so i'll start that one now.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1. Blend S
Until now I dunno I got fascinated with slice-of-life + seinen tag anime. The comedy here definitely the type I really like and it is enjoyable to watch from start to finish. People would make parallel comparison with working series (wagnaria) because the genre / setting. I randomly picked this because I recall about the OP which people tried make meme out of this.

2. Umaru R
This is one of the most fluffiest and cutest series slice-of-life / comedy series I watched so far. I understand the character might be hit and miss for certain people but it hit all the tones that is needed for this kind of series. While OP is as unique as the 1st season was, I cant get ED out of my mind and I never skipped it while marathoning it. Link for the anime ED version (short ver.) https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x63qvu3 and long version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTXCJUPWxO8

I need to search for more seinen / slice-of-life / comedy tagged anime more.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall wrote:2. Umaru R
This is one of the most fluffiest and cutest series slice-of-life / comedy series I watched so far. I understand the character might be hit and miss for certain people but it hit all the tones that is needed for this kind of series.

Too cutesy for me, but you might want to check this reaction from her voice actress to the pancake scene, it made me vomit rainbows at how cute she is reacting to it.

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Long time and no one post anything.
Partial watching because I do split viewing in office and at home (2 different series at 1 time)

1. Imouto sae ga ireba
Gosh, most bizarre first few minutes of anime 1st episode of all time. Not interested with the series for first couple of episode because the character is kinda like ridiculous. After knowing the genre and some character development, then I finally like the like because it got its realistic slice-of-life moment in it. The title is super misleading though.

2. Made in Abyss
Already aware of this series, kinda remind me of playing a new game when I was a kid. A lot detailed world building and introduction at first couple of series. It seem like this is was made for 1 cour only, and should be resolved properly at the end. Seem like very good direction overall, i noticed couple of BGM is really fit with the mood.

3. Konohana Kitan
Working with inn like Hanasuka Iroha and underlying mystical element like Mushishi, and some element of cuteness like typical moe stuff and deformed comical relief. This is also another series that doesnt click with me at start until about couple of episodes in. Several interesting take on japanese folklore which I thing rarely shown in anime, at least the one i watched. (i forgot how close this one to Spirited Away)

*Screw those online streaming video that used crypto-jacking to mine bitcoin from unsuspected watcher. It brought my powerful office laptop to the knee until i specifically block that website.

EDITED

Finished both no1 and no2... Made by Abyss gave same feeling like Dragon Maid AND THEN BOOOM OMFG. The last 6 episodes is really....
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Another couple of anime from 2017 that highly rated completed.

1. Kakegurui
Finish everything in one setting. Production wise, I think the anime is quite good. But I think it played too much on absurd premise and games without much development on back story of each character. I cant even related to the male character (assuming he kinda like 2nd MC). I already watched couple of gambling games and read several manga, Kakegurui feel lacked on certain aspect that I couldnt explained. Despite how high stake they gamble, the build up and the thrill feel isnt there and pay off is kinda meh.

2. Youko Senki
Another top anime based from word of mouth. I kinda knew that MC was reborn from a man, but I really have problem with overall setup of the series. I admit it got a good start from first 3 episodes, and then several episodes after that feel like straight military story. There arent much about good tactical movement or strategy deployment, but instead focus about all human emotional from both warring side. To make it worst, I really dislike the way the series wrapped up at the end, which doesnt properly closed up all the earlier setup.

3. The girls last tour
Military-ish girls slice of life exploring into unknown territories in unknown era. By scope, this series is quite small. Focused much on the 2 main girls going through abandoned ... lands while learning about the world. My problem with the series was it kinda too slow and uneventful for most of early part of the series. It could be the slowest slice of life anime I ever watch (go watch 1st scene in 1st episode to get what i meant). Luckily the series did couple of nice scene in certain episode, like the awesome ending in episode 5. I would say that I wish story was more like the final 3 episodes (eventful, world building and awe with strange thing). Soundtrack is kinda awesome though.

*March come like lion & Boku no Academia next, i need some fast paced anime.
Shadow
Warrior of Darkness
79 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dragon ball super :D
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The anime of Youjo Senki isn't good. The manga is.

Boku no Hero academia is kinda meh as well. The first episode is great, no doubt. But it slowly becomes less and less interesting.

I started reading Chameleon. It's about a short boy who acts like a tough guy in order to be able to survive in highschool. It was funny, but somehow, no matter to which site I go, the 7th chapter either doesn't exist at all, or is mixed with some kind of vampire shit, which I honestly don't want to read. Even the art is different, so can obviously tell that it's a different manga. Kinda weird that every website has this mistake. Well, w/e.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Finished Made in Abyss. Good animu. Seems like a typical children anime at first but gradually evolves into gritty disturbing shit happening. Soundtrack is really good too. Yep, good.

1 ep left to finish Houseki no Kuni. Its amazing how under the radar this one flew, i blame the little to no hype it got. Interesting story and the underlying tone of coming-of-age mixed in with body horror. Turned out as one of the best stuff in 2017. I'd never thought i would say this but this is a very very veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery rare example of CGI in anime done right.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I started "I the female robot". When I first saw the cover I thought it's a manga just about fan service as so many others are, but it's actually kinda interesting.

Imagine Steven Hawking, and instead of being an expert in astrophysics, he's an expert in robotics, trying to "cure" his disease by bringing robotics to the next level & upload his conciousness into a robot so he can continue living without being crippled. Oh and btw, he's a girl. Well, she failed and died at age of 20. Then 1000 years later she is magically "revived" into a robot body. (The explanation is still lacking... but well, it's a manga and that happens often since authors are lazy and don't want to think of how the setting happened until the very end where a "great" revelation explains everything but nothing at the same time.) And that robot body is actually the newest military technology unrivaled by anything. (Fight scenes incoming)
However, she doesn't know how to use that body and what tricks it has up its sleeves. (Sudden strength upgrades incoming)
Oh and by the time her conciousness was brought into a robot, there have been 2 robot wars, where awakened robots (robots that think they are human) nearly destroyed the whole civilization, so there are 3 robotic laws to prevent this from happening. Those laws basically focus on destroying those awakened robots as soon as they are spotted. Now guess who's the most extroverted person in the whole manga and can't act like a robot.

Btw: bring some time when you start reading this. The prologue ends with chapter 20.