MXL 1.2 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
BUG. Mercenary Abjurer.

At around level 87-89 he had strength over 500.
    At level 94 I noticed I forgot to put Ort runes in his gloves.
    I took them off, socket the runes and when I go to put them back on... red.
    I check and his strength is now 412, req for glove is 423.

Nothing has changed on the glove apart from that. No other gear was changed. All that happened was 1. Glove off. 2 Socket runes. 3. try to put glove back.

He was already wearing it, and it was not red when I took it off, so his strength must have changed.
I also tried un-socketing the runes just to be sure but still the glove does not go back on.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
suchbalance wrote:
Frytas wrote:sorry for being lazy and not reading through the entire thread but is a hotfix for Dark Portal gonna happen any time soon? ("only allows melee,summoning and buff skills" locks it out, so morphs, some spells and I think Lioness too? make it unusable)

A realm hotfix will go up tomorrow. SP will have to wait until next week.

good to hear,thx
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
fortress sucks after range nerf, the magic dmg from gladiator's dominance should be greatly increased because atm it's not worth the points
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Grasshopper wrote:BUG. Mercenary Abjurer.

Nothing has changed on the glove apart from that. No other gear was changed. All that happened was 1. Glove off. 2 Socket runes. 3. try to put glove back.

He was already wearing it, and it was not red when I took it off, so his strength must have changed.
I also tried un-socketing the runes just to be sure but still the glove does not go back on.

Do the gloves give strength that allowed him to equip higher strength gear (which also might give strength or attributes)?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1) remove gold cost to revive merc pls

2) it would be great if pots didn't leave your belt when you die

3) remove gift box, it completely messes up early leveling for many players who farm it until they get all their favourite uniques instead of using runewords, rares and jewelwords like it's supposed to be

4) turn honorifics into an endgame option by making them spawn with no affixes but get quadruple effect from MO
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
L H wrote:
Grasshopper wrote:BUG. Mercenary Abjurer.

Do the gloves give strength that allowed him to equip higher strength gear (which also might give strength or attributes)?

They were just honourific T6 Gauntlet with 5 MOs for each of lightning damage and magic find. Also 4 Ort runes.

What made it seem really strange was that both before and after the problem his strength value was white (i.e no bonuses from any of his items).

I also checked:

The auras and procs and there is no strength increase from them (crossbow necro using Burning Veil and Dark Power buffs).
    I bought a new mercenary of same type but the values were very similar.

He is now level 112 and has 527 white strength, so he can equip the gloves since a while ago.
I was reluctant to report this because I had a feeling I was missing something obvious, but eventually I could not think of a reason so thought I had better report it in case there is a real problem. At the time, he was using:

T1 Honourific Sword
    Ivory Tower (Tower Shield)
    T6 Honourific Cap with Lightning damage MOs and Ort runes. Nothing else.
    Queen of Glass armour.
    Aerin Orbiter
    Rabbit's Foot
    T1 Honourific Gloves
    Terrible amulet with very little just lightning damage. No procs or buffs.

** The honourifics were only MO'd with lightning damage and a litte magic find. And Ort runes.

I was very slow to update his items as he levelled so there was not many possibilities of extra strength coming from the items.

I had already got the gloves onto him previously and all I added was the Ort runes. Nothing else changed on him but after the runes, they would not go back. So if there was a problem, I could not understand how they got on to him in the first place.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I cant seem to cast deathlord with any dagger exept a yellow rare one
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Gekko64 wrote:1) remove gold cost to revive merc pls

2) it would be great if pots didn't leave your belt when you die

3) remove gift box, it completely messes up early leveling for many players who farm it until they get all their favourite uniques instead of using runewords, rares and jewelwords like it's supposed to be

4) turn honorifics into an endgame option by making them spawn with no affixes but get quadruple effect from MO

hi there,

1) lowering the cost will be ok, BUT when it gets removed, makes some things pointless, its the same, of dieeng without loosing xp or gold....btw the scenario in path of exile, in the normal act runs you can die, reportal and so on, but not in the endgame maps, you have only 6 portals and when you die they get be used, when they gone, you lost the content of the map boss kill or whatever so....this can be an interessting new feature too, since, we talked about gearcheck bosses in many patches ago, there are no rly points for gearchecks -> when you can get in the fight - die .. over n over reportal aslong you want, you get to the win and that is something maybe couldbe changed, also that there are some bosses that need raid requirements, for real teamplay and cannot be beaten solo, because this game is an multiplayer game, this could for example also only for realm patches happening, would force more players from SP to come play in MP

2) would be interessting to have, but then you cannot fill your inventory fast with potions from vendors in the lvling process, comes handy in act 1 - act 3 allot in earlie levels, they would stuck in the belt and not drop into your inventory, if you dont know, swap the belt with full potions and empty inventory and buy with one klick a full belt of potions and swap it out again, do this over and over till your inventory is full of potions...but we have also ruby gems and saphires ;)

3) one thing i`ve noticed is - ( only ) when there is a act 1 start, everyone rushes for tristram and only one box drops, so the "game and start" is basicly over and everyone is leaving for gift box farming, yes that is against the multiplayer content and ruins the MP game in a way, that the game could prevent from, but in the same way, when it drops 8 boxes it will not stop tristram farming either, the only way will be -> to remove it completly and give it to an cube recipe, so on the way of completing act1 - act 2 the players get to the cube regents to create some starter equipment can be an option, maybe as rule: you can only use it one time and cannot be shared and or only for one class, something like that,... so that the flow of playtrough is not getting interrupted by annoying tristram farming, btw and yes its also possible to use the earlie runewords and jewelruneword, there will be also more trade or change item situations, when some sort of tier 1 or tier 2 unique will drop,... there was also some patches ago - no drop of tier uniques from act bosses and the farming situation was allot harder at this point, ppl used more the runewords but in the same way, they could create yellow rare items and rolled them, now they spawn with better rolled affixes much more and when lvling some rares are realy strong that drop on the playthrough now, but the most ppl like to use uniques and thats what they do - go farming there items
...i started a new char, went to tristram, get the box, nothing good, maybe 1 item i could use at this point, sold the rest and went on to kill andariel, keept all appels and runes, also gold from snappers in act1 and act2, sold all this and bought magic orbs for resistances, went to finish act 2, ...in act 3 the same scenario, mephisto was to hard to farm at this point and to much time consuming so i went on in act 4 and so on....i used maybe 1 or 2 unique items and rest was rares and runewords....

4 ) plz no, in endgame will be not using them anymore - oh w8... if they get quadruple effect they will be strong and overpowerd, craft blessing on them and you can create op spellpower gear, aka legacy items , "yes plz" :flip:
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Act 4: Chaos Sanctuary seal monster Ghom dies from single hit on p8 in destruction.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
lifeoverflow ?

@Anonymous p8 dest
yes but, with some sort of skill and gear this miniboss dies realy quick, i dunno wich resistance or defense / hp on this boss, but it dies sometimes in two hits and sometimes in like 3 hits, when i killed dest diablo or farmed him