Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
Hi, first thanks for the Guide :)
I think i have also a problem with my dmg. I have all the suggestet mid game gear and my defense is i think okay. My Weapon is Gehenna in a sacred Bastard Sword and for now only one switch weapon with 20 to MoW. But my dmg is only like 1000 - 2400 buffed. I can farm terror kurast 3k but i am lost in destruction.

Next step is BRC. But i have problems to reach act2 to get the summon skill.

I dont know how i can make more progress now.
Anyone know where my problem is?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lemming wrote:Hi, first thanks for the Guide :)
I think i have also a problem with my dmg. I have all the suggestet mid game gear and my defense is i think okay. My Weapon is Gehenna in a sacred Bastard Sword and for now only one switch weapon with 20 to MoW. But my dmg is only like 1000 - 2400 buffed. I can farm terror kurast 3k but i am lost in destruction.

you use wolf stance or bear stance? maxed wolf stance should provide you pretty good damage with crushing blow.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
Tkorpi wrote:

you use wolf stance or bear stance? maxed wolf stance should provide you pretty good damage with crushing blow.

I use bear stance most of the time(midgame Skill Plan) but i can reskill and try full skilled wolf stance. I have a few belladonnas.
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lemming wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

I use bear stance most of the time(midgame Skill Plan) but i can reskill and try full skilled wolf stance. I have a few belladonnas.

Don't respec just yet, I used bear stance even through most of my ubers so wolf is definitely not needed. Do you have daedelus maxed? That's a huge portion of our early damage. You could also do the TU Kriegsmasser (I've test that through most of destruction and it's perfectly fine). If you have daedelus maxed, have bear stance active (remember it needs to be showing on your secondary skill button), and are using Gahenna you should be more than fine damage-wise. The proc that the Wolf Companions DOES help tremendously so make sure you have at least 10 pts there for 3 wolves.

EDIT: also make sure you are buffed with Thundergod, assuming you've unlocked it already. It's super nice and should be on you at all times.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
Fenrils wrote:
Lemming wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

Don't respec just yet, I used bear stance even through most of my ubers so wolf is definitely not needed. Do you have daedelus maxed? That's a huge portion of our early damage. You could also do the TU Kriegsmasser (I've test that through most of destruction and it's perfectly fine). If you have daedelus maxed, have bear stance active (remember it needs to be showing on your secondary skill button), and are using Gahenna you should be more than fine damage-wise. The proc that the Wolf Companions DOES help tremendously so make sure you have at least 10 pts there for 3 wolves.

EDIT: also make sure you are buffed with Thundergod, assuming you've unlocked it already. It's super nice and should be on you at all times.

Daedalus max, bear stance max, immortal max, runemaster max, wolf companian 10, spirit guide 10. Thundergod is locked. I have 30 points left. Did i forget something?
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lemming wrote:
Fenrils wrote:
Lemming wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

Daedalus max, bear stance max, immortal max, runemaster max, wolf companian 10, spirit guide 10. Thundergod is locked. I have 30 points left. Did i forget something?

Extra points go into Ancient's Blood to raise your max skill level. Every 4 hard points in there raises the max skill level of all of your other skills. So what you'll do is level it to 4, add the extra point to your other skills, put another 4 pts into it, add leftover points to your other skills, and so on until you run out of skill points. This will add another 3-4 levels to daedalus, runemaster, bear stance, and runemaster with your leftover points.

As well, what is your chance to hit? That could also be a large reason why you aren't feeling any damage.

EDIT: Also, I'd push to unlock Thundergod, even if it is somewhat painful. It's a very powerful skill/buff to have.
Th3_KiD
Skeleton
3 | 0
Fortress barb? any suggestions? i wanna make one someone could help me with items and skills?
Zamolxes77
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I'm a brand new player of this mod, was looking for a character to start out with to learn the ropes.

I followed the skill template as much as I could, I'm lvl 28 now and kinda stuck trying to do the 1st challenge. The pirate kills me when he starts casting that poison attack, both me and by bloodlust merc. Tried attacking with a crossbow, but doesn;t seem to do any damage.

I need some help in gear department, I mostly use low lvl runewords and some uniques I picked up from doing several Griswold runs, no tier 2 yet.
Here are my stats:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/J4fWrVj ... h3Pe9Q.jpg

I'm using Paaliaq, Warmonger, Spirit teacher headdress, wormtongue belt and Epicenter boots.

I did a mistake, I put skillpoints into iron spiral when i should have left it at 1 point.

I really appreciate any suggestions to improve, please explain the acronyms so I cam learn them.
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Zamolxes77 wrote:I'm a brand new player of this mod, was looking for a character to start out with to learn the ropes.

I followed the skill template as much as I could, I'm lvl 28 now and kinda stuck trying to do the 1st challenge. The pirate kills me when he starts casting that poison attack, both me and by bloodlust merc. Tried attacking with a crossbow, but doesn;t seem to do any damage.

I need some help in gear department, I mostly use low lvl runewords and some uniques I picked up from doing several Griswold runs, no tier 2 yet.
Here are my stats:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/J4fWrVj ... h3Pe9Q.jpg

I'm using Paaliaq, Warmonger, Spirit teacher headdress, wormtongue belt and Epicenter boots.

I did a mistake, I put skillpoints into iron spiral when i should have left it at 1 point.

I really appreciate any suggestions to improve, please explain the acronyms so I cam learn them.

The first Challenge (LC1) is done at Level 50, so you have quite some time to do it, just progress trough the game until that point. When you reach Mephisto and can farm him reliably you might want to upgrade your gear (check for Requirements though) and make any Tiered Uniques you wish with 2x Arcane Crystal + Oil of Enhancement + Item you'd like to make to a Unique.

A few Acronyms out of my head:

fhr - Faster Hit Recovery
frw - Faster Run/Walk
ias - Increased Attack Speed
fbr - Faster Block Rate
-e(f/l/c/p)r - Minus Enemy (Fire/Lightning/Cold/Poison) Resist
ed - either Enhanced Defense or Enhanced Damage
dr - either % Damage Reduction or Flat Damage reduced (mostly used %dr or flat dr)

Those should cover most Acronyms you will come by as Iron Spiral Barb, if I forgot something you can also use the Short Question Thread or ask again here.

About your Skillpoints: Dont worry too much about it now. You will respecc later on most likely (either to wear more powerful gear, after you get some charms or because you feel like it ;) ). You can do that 3 times for free (after Den of Evil Q in A1 at Akara in all Difficulties). About midway through Terror there is a chance to get some "Belladonna Elixier", with those you can respecc too.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
Fenrils wrote:
Lemming wrote:
Fenrils wrote:
Lemming wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

Extra points go into Ancient's Blood to raise your max skill level. Every 4 hard points in there raises the max skill level of all of your other skills. So what you'll do is level it to 4, add the extra point to your other skills, put another 4 pts into it, add leftover points to your other skills, and so on until you run out of skill points. This will add another 3-4 levels to daedalus, runemaster, bear stance, and runemaster with your leftover points.

As well, what is your chance to hit? That could also be a large reason why you aren't feeling any damage.

EDIT: Also, I'd push to unlock Thundergod, even if it is somewhat painful. It's a very powerful skill/buff to have.

All good now :) skilled ancient blood, unlocked thundergod and got my first charm(butcher) i think im on a good way