How to get all charms with T6 gear [1.3]

DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Easy way to gather all the charms. Invite Chuck Norris to your game. He'll roundhouse kick those monsters like frosted flakes for breakfast. Booyah! Easy peesy, the monsters give up versus Chuck. Winner winner chicken dinner!
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
aerial wrote: Doable but painful.
indeed , but the statement is still valid . there are more builds out there that can get all charms without respec , extra sigs and godlike gear

I'm looking forward to see one of your guides like this one. In fact I know you already making one, right now! 8-)
MedianUV
Cultist
21 | 4
I saw Aerial's avatar on the left side of the screen, knew it'd be good
But... I didn't think any guide would be this good
Cheers
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
how many pts in wolf companion does it take to reach max range on fortress in current version? can't check atm but should be around 16?
Edited by Gekko64 6 years.
jelonek1
Invader
9 | 2
I'm following this guide, and I've got to say, it works, just need to solve 2 things:
I'm already 120, got the first charms but... I've got pretty much empty slots for now, I don't know which runes to put, you mentioned SHA and JAH, so is it JAH into armors and SHA to weapon? Enlighten me, please...
And another point, I've still got no max resists, however they're gonna propably get better with more charms I'll earn (azmodan hearth for example)
@Edit: Oh, and I forgot, what is the source of healing? Like I've got no life on attack/kill/lifesteal to stay alive, currently only pots save my ass...
Besides that, it feels way better for me than the iron spiral build (but I'm just a noob :D)
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Pul, Mal, Gul and Lo for resists or Thai if your MO space on items allows it.

Lah runes for attributes in other sockets probably.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
sha doesn't need to be in the weapon you can put it anywhere

lunchtime now, but will provide my thoughts on gearing and skillplan later
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You put jahs in weapon, jahs in body armor (highest base defense). It isn't worth to put jahs into gloves/belt/boots.
Resist come from pul mal gul and lo runes in armors, you can also socket chest before you get more charms.
Another source of resists?: rings and amulet. You can use some rare trash rings and put like 3x 50 res on each, if you don't want to waste your empyrean band.
Sha runes in armors to reach breakpoint, you will only need few, and depends with what weapon. Upgrade weapon with ias as well.
If you are using speedcalc put 12 skill ias into correct box, because that comes from ancient blood, and it is one of main reasons why we are investing in it. Without skill ias reach 7 fpa swing with 2h axe takes ridiculous amount of attack speed.

Later on when you have all resists from charms, and need less sha runes for speeds, you can put lah all stat runes, or fhr/frw runes. If that fucks up your level req, you can even slam something like tal runes.. just make sure to socket everything you can with runes, because each single rune boosts your defense by a ton.

As for fortress, it caps at 20.6y, and starts at 10.6y, +0.6y per wolf level. Having that range capped would have been great, but it costs too many dead points, as wolf curse is useless if you don't smax them. It's honestly enough, was enough for void final pretty easily.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
regarding laz fight, apparently you can use slow from triune charm to refresh huge slow from void weapon and the 10% from triune will not override void rw one

some items I'm suprised to not see mentioned:

Ath rw in barb weapon: 17% cb and 10% dr on a midgame rw is pretty damn good, and you can make this in both labrys and kriegsmesser

TU splint mail: 10%dr makes it easily superior to all other TU options imo

TU light belt: flat dex, AR and life leech help a lot especially early on when AR is crap without charms

I know you're using bear stance, but getting DR% from gear means less points in bear, which you can put in wolf companion for max fortress range and more damage

you could even get 40% dr just from gear with ath weapon, jitans kamon, vith belt and invictus, then you can switch to wolf stance, get defence from spirit guide and don't need to switch out of stance to cast fortress
Edited by Gekko64 6 years.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
From my experience I needed those bear stance points more than anything for defense not for DR.
These dr items and lowering bear stance level is more suitable later, when you have most charms, but then you'd have to respec.
At early point of progression I valued maxing defense over other things, so using a RW weapon realy hurts you in that department.
That cb is sure nice and definitely an option.
As I said there are many approaches to this, you could build it differently.
Personally I didn't have problems with insufficient fortress range. What did suck at times was having too low defense early on with 2h weapon, thats why I prefered to start from maxing bear stance. Very early on at level 120 your defense is around 450-500k and with same gear and all charms you have nearly a million with 2h axe, huge difference made by +max skill levels, slvls to runemaster and so on. Keep in mind fortress is only used here to help with some few easier bosses that you can't melee, otherwise its main purpose it to give you ranged skill to apply ow, and help with some single target situation when you both melee and hit with fortress. But it isn't fortress barb, and skill is more of a support than main theme here. There is no single point where you cheese with fortress using this max range, and in for example void fight it is plenty enough range to apply ow even when you dont see rathma on your screen.
Also keep in mind that tu labrys does have 10% cb and 20% slow, which makes it competitive.

Spirit guide route totally didn't work for one reason - you lose defense bonus when you ww to travel. In place like fauztinville, ureh, vizjun, anywhere you rush to skip content, your defense bonus from spirit guide is completely lost because wolves get stuck, and you will have hard time.
It is fine when you walk and kill stuff, which was also my initial idea, this is also what you have to do when you build for example overkill barb (can't use bear). But it will cause you problems when you try to use whirlwind and skip monsters. If you want 1 build to do ALL ubers you have to take that into consideration, and thats why I scrapped idea of going wolf overkill barb.

As for Laz fight. I had mixed results with this, using 2 weapons with slow and without for offhand, sometimes I didn't work, you could definitely see laz barely slowed, and sometimes slowed harder. This is why I recommend using 2 weapons with same slow, or just use titan strike (then only main hand swings), to ensure you always apply max slow you have.