Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
ppsh_41
Cultist
20 | 0
Have any of you guys defeated Dul Mephistos, The Lord Of Hatred uber boss? Im at him at the moment but he just keeps regening his health when I get to about 50% of him, and he summons veil kings that 1 shot you .... xD any tips of defeating this asshole is greatly appreciated.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ppsh_41 wrote:Have any of you guys defeated Dul Mephistos, The Lord Of Hatred uber boss? Im at him at the moment but he just keeps regening his health when I get to about 50% of him, and he summons veil kings that 1 shot you .... xD any tips of defeating this asshole is greatly appreciated.

What class do you play?

If you, a merc, a summon or a reanimate gets into melee range of him he will cast a veil king. Don't get too close. His life regen can be blocked with Open Wounds.

You can even defeat this guy solely with open wounds. Make
Amok

Amok
Bows

'GurUmBer'
Runeword Level: 115
3% Chance to cast level 17 Gift of Inner Fire on Kill
90% Attack Speed
-25% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+200% Enhanced Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(34 to 39) to Tantrum
Slow Target (5 to 10)%
Elemental Resists +10%
+5 Life on Striking
in any bow, cast tantrum, he will follow you and tantrum will apply OW on him. Then you just run around until he dies. When you get into melee range he will cast a veil king and that guy will one hit you. So you don't go into melee range. Often when he is at 30% HP he will start to run away from you - that's when tantrum stops working and you need another method or try again until he does not start running away. If he is in the run away phase and you guide him into a corner he will get blocked there and the moment he can't run away anymore is the moment he will summon a veil king, cast some stuff and you will die. Then he will heal.

Of course do all classes have a better way to deal with him than tantrum. He only takes damage to physical and magical stuff and without open wounds he will regenerate his life soon. So be creative.
ppsh_41
Cultist
20 | 0
Nitz wrote:
ppsh_41 wrote:Have any of you guys defeated Dul Mephistos, The Lord Of Hatred uber boss? Im at him at the moment but he just keeps regening his health when I get to about 50% of him, and he summons veil kings that 1 shot you .... xD any tips of defeating this asshole is greatly appreciated.

What class do you play?

If you, a merc, a summon or a reanimate gets into melee range of him he will cast a veil king. Don't get too close. His life regen can be blocked with Open Wounds.

Amok

Amok
Bows

'GurUmBer'
90% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(34 to 39) to Tantrum
Slow Target (5 to 10)%
Elemental Resists +10%
+5 Life on Striking
in any bow, cast tantrum, he will follow you and tantrum will apply OW on him. Then you just run around until he dies. When you get into melee range he will cast a veil king and that guy will one hit you. So you don't go into melee range. Often when he is at 30% HP he will start to run away from you - that's when tantrum stops working and you need another method or try again until he does not start running away. If he is in the run away phase and you guide him into a corner he will get blocked there and the moment he can't run away anymore is the moment he will summon a veil king, cast some stuff and you will die. Then he will heal.

Of course do all classes have a better way to deal with him than tantrum. He only takes damage to physical and magical stuff and without open wounds he will regenerate his life soon. So be creative.

I play bowazon with act 5 merc, I have butchers tooth so I do 50% open wound so thats not a problem, I got him to like 10% or lower then he just randomly started to heal even though I was spamming him with barrage and wyrmshots. Time will tell i guess, got like 8 hours before bedtime so XD
Sankretor
Fallen
1 | 0
Well, how do I start: I'm sucking at this game. Almost level 50 trying to do Twin Seas and I barely can stand 1 pirate.
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I've checked the tutorials, uptiered my gear, farmed the Uniques for my Necro, and even so I'm doing a lot bad!
P.S: I've just sloted my gears with perfect gems, guess that's a bad call, but all the rest I did pretty confident I was doing right!
ppsh_41
Cultist
20 | 0
ppsh_41 wrote:
Nitz wrote:

What class do you play?

Amok

Amok
Bows

'GurUmBer'
90% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(34 to 39) to Tantrum
Slow Target (5 to 10)%
Elemental Resists +10%
+5 Life on Striking

I play bowazon with act 5 merc, I have butchers tooth so I do 50% open wound so thats not a problem, I got him to like 10% or lower then he just randomly started to heal even though I was spamming him with barrage and wyrmshots. Time will tell i guess, got like 8 hours before bedtime so XD

Just killed the basterd!!!!! But he didnt drop a charm of some kind, ( I didn't look into what he would give me) but I thought I would get some kind of reward but nope, so I wasted like 3 hours of my life getting a set shield for barbarien....
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:
cowking wrote:Divide rep life by 10 to get your heal per sec.

Source ?

Replenish life divided by 10 is basically the same formula but easier to calculate and remember.

There's no mention of life regen being altered anywhere.

I tested haraigami last ladder and the life rep was around 240 as far as I could see.

Also apples can be prebuffed with switch gear.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ppsh_41 wrote:Just killed the basterd!!!!! But he didnt drop a charm of some kind, ( I didn't look into what he would give me) but I thought I would get some kind of reward but nope, so I wasted like 3 hours of my life getting a set shield for barbarien....

He drops Mana belt - a set item for the Yshari Set.
Bartuc's Blood

Sankretor wrote:I've checked the tutorials, uptiered my gear, farmed the Uniques for my Necro, and even so I'm doing a lot bad!
P.S: I've just sloted my gears with perfect gems, guess that's a bad call, but all the rest I did pretty confident I was doing right!

Go south to the amazons there. They should be easier than the pirates. And the one pirate that is there should be easier too. You just have to do the challenge there, not somewhere else.

http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Maps?fi ... a_Map2.png

Go from the entrance to 2.
Edited by Nitz 6 years.
ppsh_41
Cultist
20 | 0
Nitz wrote:
ppsh_41 wrote:Just killed the basterd!!!!! But he didnt drop a charm of some kind, ( I didn't look into what he would give me) but I thought I would get some kind of reward but nope, so I wasted like 3 hours of my life getting a set shield for barbarien....

He drops Mana belt - a set item for the Yshari Set.
Bartuc's Blood

Ye I was wondering why I got that as well with ''only'' -100 level req, but is there any more bosses in the area? Because im afraid of leaving my game and be needing to do it all over again if there is something else in there. (havnt played more since I killed mephisto)
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ppsh_41 wrote:Ye I was wondering why I got that as well with ''only'' -100 level req, but is there any more bosses in the area? Because im afraid of leaving my game and be needing to do it all over again if there is something else in there. (havnt played more since I killed mephisto)

You could use map reveal and check the map there for a second. This one is a bit outdated but that place is that big - http://i.imgur.com/u1rrg1b.jpg

You were at the first area, the silver/grey arena is where you killed meph. The ways shown there are pretty much the same, the jungle changed a bit, go to the arena first then try to get to the next stage from there. And for the last one the yellow path is useless. Follow the green one there.

Each boss drops a set piece. Each of the bosses minions (there are some in the boss area and some distributed in the stage) have a 60% chance to drop their set piece. With all set pieces go back to Caldeum and visit the Yshari Sanctum.

How to kill the bosses -
► Show Spoiler
ppsh_41
Cultist
20 | 0
Nitz wrote:
ppsh_41 wrote:Ye I was wondering why I got that as well with ''only'' -100 level req, but is there any more bosses in the area? Because im afraid of leaving my game and be needing to do it all over again if there is something else in there. (havnt played more since I killed mephisto)

You could use map reveal and check the map there for a second. This one is a bit outdated but that place is that big - http://i.imgur.com/u1rrg1b.jpg

You were at the first area, the silver/grey arena is where you killed meph. The ways shown there are pretty much the same, the jungle changed a bit, go to the arena first then try to get to the next stage from there. And for the last one the yellow path is useless. Follow the green one there.

Each boss drops a set piece. Each of the bosses minions (there are some in the boss area and some distributed in the stage) have a 60% chance to drop their set piece. With all set pieces go back to Caldeum and visit the Yshari Sanctum.

How to kill the bosses -
► Show Spoiler

Okay, thanks alot man! Guess I have my evening planed out now at least :D