Why do we still have gold penalty on death.

Discuss Median XL!
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
I think we can either:
1/Remove deadth gold penalty or
2/Remove merc resurrection cost
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tranvanhieu wrote:I think we can either:
1/Remove deadth gold penalty or
2/Remove merc resurrection cost

1) Play on hardcore mode, there is no gold penalty on death.
2) Get better at mercs, solid merc setup is only dying on some specific harder Ubers, no way you will suffer from resurrecting him on typical endgame farming spots or during early/midgame where you can stack on his amu Damage Reduced by X from affix and from MO's or by defensive/survival stats on easy available runewords.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Unda wrote:People mentioned you that specific mobs also got fat gold drop, Cave Snappers in A1 and Grubbers in A2. Torajan Jungle and Greater Signet of Gold drop.

Also there is an Uber that designed so they drop SHITLOAD of gold https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/westernkingdoms#iotss
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
superwash wrote:This is incredibly frustating. I am sick and tired of losing all my gold when I die.

not ALL your gold...only a piece of it. There are SO many ways to get gold in the game, Signets, rares, balance knife with runes, apples, IotSS, its frustrating to read another post like this :?
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Kill a bunch of slain souls in duncraig and sell the loot. Shouldn't be a problem building up gold.
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
so off-topic much wow
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
xzmnick wrote:so off-topic much wow

Sorry but your offtopic 6th sense failed.
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Unda, yeah, your tips for getting fast gold helped me.
It's just that I'm still dying a lot that I forget to always do that.
As my gear improved I'm dying a lot less though so that's good.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i usually just drop all my gold on the ground when im playing solo. Only problem is that it will dissapear after like 30min or so if you dont pick it up during that time.
ticktick
Sasquatch
64 | 9
if it's so easy to get lots of gold, whats the point of the death penalty? it's just a waste of time.