Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
After recent adventures with undergeared characters (t6 barb),I decided to play around with different kind of build, what can be done with good pirce gear. What inspired me was really high numbers on nephalem spirits in comparison to for example what you can get as waysin.
Just keep in mind, before asking for nerfs, gear is good, hundreds of crystals into rerolling farsight globe jewels, bunch of xis runes, includig wasting 2 on chest (first roll was trash). It isn't super extreme gear as natasha or umo projects (used only 2 endless light that just dropped on the way). Regardless this char takes a lot of grind to gear this way.
Used mostly overkill to avoid doing another ancient's hand version. 110% WDM really has potential :)

Median 2017 version 1.2

Showcase of barb using tri-elemental damage from nephalem spirit uberskill (in melee version also kraken stance).
Keep in mind for this to be that effectieve high elemental pierce is needed which means hard to get/expensive gear, few xis runewords, lot of decently rolled farsight globe jewels, and preferably endless light umo. Total pierce was ~160-170 fire/cold/lightning
Gear used in this video: https://i.imgur.com/7KjHdC1.jpg
As you can see only 2 endless lights on empyrean band. None of farsight globes was -2/-2/-2, (so 6 to relevant elements), most of them are between 4 and 5 total pierce.
It is important to prebuff your nephalem spirit (and shamanic trance for mana regen) with +skill switch, adds a lot of damage.
Neph spirit + kraken stance tooltip: https://i.imgur.com/VBHsTsD.png

Overkill is interesting alternative to melee skills, works vs bosses that counter melee builds. Allows for consistent kills.
There is no Zorun Tzin video, as I previously made dedicated video about him, fight looks pretty much the same. Melee works better than overkill vs him (small body = less hits), fight is random, you can get lucky streak of hits and kill him in 15 seconds, or it can take few minutes if he decides to spawn lot of totems. Kills presented in video can be quite consistent, with some rng in baal fight if he spawns act bosses. Astrogha can be killed that fast that pretty much 10/10 attempts, where with melee there is high chance of dying. By standing away from it, you elimate risk of accidental totem kil (because totems are spawned at your location).
You can also observe massive slow on kabraxis (screaming eagle +50% slows target), this sort of slow lockdown can be recreated in every attempt, deathless trophy farming is possible.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Nice to see good old Overkill reking stuff like nobody's business.

Also, Killzone 2's Helghan Forever music was a nice touch.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
nice vid aerial! BARB OP PLZ NERF NAOW

its amazing how different this game looks when you have really nice su and xis items even though your gear isnt perfect natasha level stupid its pretty great. I see your shared stash button on your stash just a question is this pure ethical build :D or are you using any single player strats? regardless i always love your video editing and music choices epic shit man.

you know what i mean XD
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nice build

w8 for "How to get all charms without items (barb)"
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
shnurr214 wrote:nice vid aerial! BARB OP PLZ NERF NAOW

its amazing how different this game looks when you have really nice su and xis items even though your gear isnt perfect natasha level stupid its pretty great. I see your shared stash button on your stash just a question is this pure ethical build :D or are you using any single player strats? regardless i always love your video editing and music choices epic shit man.

you know what i mean XD

It't legit otherwise it would be perf natasha ethereal (no need indestr :D) and full umo project.
If you can slap 8 endless lights on each ring and amulet, road to capped pierce is little bit easier :).
Also in SP people typically just have farsight globe with -2/-2/-2 stats times 30.
There is also no hardest trophies, only few easy ones.
Valinov
Prowler
17 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Give it a whirl using deathgaze... It's the skill i used with it.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I mean, sure you can do it, but it will be weaker, less hits, less overall damage.
Vs bosses when you talk melee, skill like ancient's hand is much stronger, and for aoe clear, sword spiral is better. Death gaze is sort of a penalty for using 2h axe? It isn't terrible skill by any means but just worse. And with build that has such high added damage, you lose benifit of 2h weapon, as the base damage becomes just small piece of your total damage.

Whole thing isn't that good for farming, squishy. Thrower can't use bear stance, so if you grab that pierce gear you don't have DR. 200-250k defense, maybe 300k with eths and smaxed spirit guide. If you run with wolf there is high risk of dropping that defense because you move so fast. And that's it, all your defense.
Melee works better, because of bear stance + spirit guide, high defense free dr is possible, but then just simply sword spiral beats it. And no kraken stance swaps, id just permanently keep bear up.
Overkill for farming, even if you could get enough defenses, clear speed would have been worse than stampede and even than sword spiral, at least from my tests. It is great when you start your char, then youre not so obssessed with aoe yet, and that 110% wdm multihit really shines. Great nithlathak temple clears with t6 gear, but if i for example wanted to farm TA i wouldn't use it.
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nice aerial. The screenshot of your gear is low resolution FYI which means it’s hard to read the text.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
daresso wrote:Nice aerial. The screenshot of your gear is low resolution FYI which means it’s hard to read the text.

You have to click on it, it is pretty high resolution. 1782x905
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:
daresso wrote:Nice aerial. The screenshot of your gear is low resolution FYI which means it’s hard to read the text.

You have to click on it, it is pretty high resolution. 1782x905

I am sorry, I was wrong. :-8 It’s Imgur.com’s pathetic mobile site which embeds the media preventing anyone from opening it in ‘a new tab’ i.e. displaying it it in the original resolution.