Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kimmy wrote:Thanks, I was wondering which one you used, since there are many good choices. I have a spare Viz-jun and Jitan, and i was tempted to farm an other one (Rathma, maybe, since its easy). In the reasonably feasible ones, Astrogha would be nice, but he is a bit long to kill.I will go for Viz-jun for now, since I use wolf stance almost all the time, and if drop Astrogha's trophy, I will do the sleep again.

Nearly all weapon damage characters will make best use out of Rathma Square trophy for sleep charm. That or Viz-jun can be nice if you're still lacking DR/defense, but I'm not sure you'd need that as iron spiral barb given your other gear. Astro trophy would be kinda wasteful for this character.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
I tried the endgame spec today but i am too squishy. One thing is that i reach only 50% block rate but i think that is because i use not enough IO runes. I have not enough socks because i use runewords (helm, armor, boots). And the other thing is that i have only 90k armor with Wolf Stance.
I have the most easy and moderate charms.
Did i miss something?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lemming wrote:I tried the endgame spec today but i am too squishy. One thing is that i reach only 50% block rate but i think that is because i use not enough IO runes. I have not enough socks because i use runewords (helm, armor, boots). And the other thing is that i have only 90k armor with Wolf Stance.
Did i miss something?

500 signets of learning make a big difference
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
I struggled for quite a while with that.

Switch to bear. You don't have the gear to support wolf. Once I switched to bear I could actually play, and anytime I switch to wolf (or forget to switch to bear after running a ways), I die almost instantly.

If I survive my momentary lapse, I'm back into bear and doing just fine.
ensiferumlism
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Lemming wrote:I tried the endgame spec today but i am too squishy. One thing is that i reach only 50% block rate but i think that is because i use not enough IO runes. I have not enough socks because i use runewords (helm, armor, boots). And the other thing is that i have only 90k armor with Wolf Stance.
Did i miss something?

Let use dex craft on boots and gloves. Change and see differents :D and, you can craft barb-only helm with ancient hand and %att. :lol:
ensiferumlism
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Cronk wrote:I struggled for quite a while with that.

Switch to bear. You don't have the gear to support wolf. Once I switched to bear I could actually play, and anytime I switch to wolf (or forget to switch to bear after running a ways), I die almost instantly.

I'm not fan of bear stance. I used wolf for almost ubers (except Viziun and Rathma). With Vith runeword in plate belt and Nih on Ancient armor, you'll reach ~250k def, 25DR, and 50-60% ctB. Its good time to farm TA and Torajan jungle. :bounce:
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
I use wolf for lots of Ubers too. Until you get the charms and gear to support it tho, wolf was too squishy for me. At least for farming.

I'm sure I'll switch back to wolf eventually, but for now, it's faaaaar easier farming with bear.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
ensiferumlism wrote:

I'm not fan of bear stance. I used wolf for almost ubers (except Viziun and Rathma). With Vith runeword in plate belt and Nih on Ancient armor, you'll reach ~250k def, 25DR, and 50-60% ctB. Its good time to farm TA and Torajan jungle. :bounce:

i have all of the mentioned mid game gear. Erawan on a ancient armor (13k armor) and a
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (150 - 163) to (233 - 246)
Two-Hand Damage: (206 - 225) to (285 - 305)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 480
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
6% Chance to cast level 40 Pentagram on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+(30 to 60)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
Adds 50-125 Damage
Adds 84-167 Fire Damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+(100 to 250) Life after each Kill
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
but i am far away from 250k def. Do you have skilled Runemaster?
ensiferumlism
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Lemming wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:

i have all of the mentioned mid game gear. Erawan on a ancient armor (13k armor) and a
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

Adds 50-125 Damage
Adds 84-167 Fire Damage
Socketed (4)

Nope, i'm using TU6 gild shield, MO with TCD and ED. I think you miss some mid-game charm. Alot of of them can take easier with barb. Ureh is easiest with our, duncraig can take some dies :D, use ancient hand with xazax :lol: , gear check with Qouv Tsin. I think with that charms, i'' reach >250k def.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
ensiferumlism wrote:
Lemming wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:

Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

Adds 50-125 Damage
Adds 84-167 Fire Damage
Socketed (4)

Nope, i'm using TU6 gild shield, MO with TCD and ED. I think you miss some mid-game charm. Alot of of them can take easier with barb. Ureh is easiest with our, duncraig can take some dies :D, use ancient hand with xazax :lol: , gear check with Qouv Tsin. I think with that charms, i'' reach >250k def.

i also use the TU6 gilded shield but you are right i dont have these charms but they only give us +skill. i dont understand where i can get so much more armor?