Beginner Problems Singleplayer/untwinked

Discuss Median XL!
Vaultboy_Gary
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey Guys,

i am really new on Median XL. First of all, it´s a great Mod, and i love to have a second time the "Diablo2" feeling like 15 years ago.

I Have a Problem in progression. Everytime i hit the wall and cant progress more. I have try to play a Summoner Necro (Thx to HechtHeftig for the guide!). That is actually my best char. I farm in trojan jungle to lvl 121 (long long time). But i reached a point where a cant get any charm more...
I start new chars and new builds, but i cant get further than with my necro.

New Chars: -Barb (Iron Spiral), Sorc (Melee), Bowazon
All of this Chars reached lvl 120 and have some of the standart easy charms.

I study all the guides, but havent found a solution.

So guys, i need your help. Can u give me any advance for a class/build that i noob friendly and works in the 1.2 patch.

Thx for your HELP!

Greedings
Gary
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hybrid totem mancer
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Treewarden druid is strong and newbie friendly. Same as traprat druid. Both hit very often and are rather safe due to good amount of defense and Laek/los
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hej Gary, have you tried D2Stats 3.9.7 for easy view of your stats? It will help you also with offscreen drops notified which can be customized for your needs, procs and mercenary often kill behind your back like in Torajan Jungle when spirits are respawned or in Tran Athulua when amazons are killed in other corridors.

Whats your definition of untwinked play? After you will answer i can think about some build which can fits that.
Vaultboy_Gary
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey Guys.
Thanks for your answers. Yeah i use D2Stats. It is a great Tool!

I make a big mistake, but i dont know how i did this. I play in Bremmtown. Kill the Dragon (Dont know anything about a timer or dont die :D) and try to cube my class charm. It dont work. I closed the game, because of eating dinner, and now my class charm is lost :(
How could i get it back without start a new necro (because of the Ennead Challenge <90).

If it is complete lost...i will give up sadly my necro....
And start a Treewarden.

Thx for your help!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Vaultboy_Gary wrote:How could i get it back without start a new necro (because of the Ennead Challenge <90).

You can get a new CC mule it to a lvl 1 necro and do the ennead challenge, but the level challenge 2 (lvl <90) is harder. On realm you could ask around if there is someone new who has a necro under lvl 90 and help him or rush a friend to terror A3, could be a lvl 1 necro too*. For SP there have been some single player tools no idea if they still work but if they do then you can revert back to before lvl 90.

How did you lose the charm? Did you drop it after it failed or what?

*I would do it for you if you have time.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Median XL Offline Tools v0.4.4 so you can downlevel with it.

Always backup your .d2s savefiles when playing SP as you can always encounter bugs or loose some gear by missclicking.
Vaultboy_Gary
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi Guys,

i dont know, how could this happend. I try to cube it. It dont works. My wife call me for diner. I closed the game. And after diner i restart it and want to farm a little bit and wonder why i cant cast just 4 Totems. Gearcheck-> everyting is ok. Charmcheck -> F**k.

I will try the solution with the Offline Tools and for the future some savefiles.

For the Future i will try a Treewarden or a Holy Melee Pala. With one would u prefer for a noob Player like me? ;-)

Thx and have a nice day!
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Treewarden , but you have iron spiral barb. That build is dedicated to noobs.
You can go Holy melee if you can mule sets to him or have some shrines to craft.(requires constant skill switching)
You have a few chars you know the basics. Try to focus on endgame stuff / ubers / charms. Than you can mule it to your chars.

Some charms are really hard to get (5-6). Doesnt matter what build you use, you will suffer and die a lot to get em :) Dont give up.
First time a killed Xazax took me 30 min of constant dying.
Watch out for sets/su-s to make Signet of learnings. Keep tham in stash and once you know what char will be your main, eat that 500 SoL. With your items what gives % to attributes or % to strenght. + the charms.
2500 Strenght or any attributes is better than 900ish. Will boost your dmg or survivabilty.

Summoner's totem got nerfed a bit. Tree, pala barb with iron spiral is good way to go. Check out aerials barb guide how to get charms.EZ.

Ps: crafting will take a lot of time and shrine.RNG.
If you are using rw-s try to roll near perfect ED and ALWAYS try until you have successfully luck them.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
If you are 121 it would be easier to set up 2 instances of the game and risk yourself or even make a new Necro and just play til lvl 90