Best / easiest class for smooth duncraig runs?

Discuss Median XL!
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
Stereox wrote:Talking about barrel, is there a way to tank it ? I'm talking about extreme cases

Back in XVI, you could. They did 50k Magic damage. So with 75% Magic Res and 12501 Life, you could tank it. Idk how much damage barrels do now since the damage rework, and Magic Res is harder to get.

I'm afraid your post is incorrect since barrels were dealing 50% magic and 50% physical damage.

archive quotes from old forum

''The barrels do 50% physical damage and 50% magical''
''You can obviously get 50% DR to reduce the physical damage. Magic resist % is harder to get. You can also get a lot of life.

But the best thing is to just avoid them.''

''One bomb in normal deals about 19k damage when I got 45%dr and 93% magic resistance.
SO I guess it has 25k physical damage and 25k magic damage
Magic resistance ceiling is 75%''
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Iirc necro with blackmass and shadowfiend staff could tank barrels very easy if a punishment turret was reanimated around.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If It's about tanking the barrels: If a minion is right between you and the barrel as it explodes, your minion will die instead of you. So having lots of summons can help you a lot in this place. Saved my ass many times with my summoner nec.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
thunderman wrote:
Solfege wrote:
Stereox wrote:Talking about barrel, is there a way to tank it ? I'm talking about extreme cases

Back in XVI, you could. They did 50k Magic damage. So with 75% Magic Res and 12501 Life, you could tank it. Idk how much damage barrels do now since the damage rework, and Magic Res is harder to get.

I'm afraid your post is incorrect since barrels were dealing 50% magic and 50% physical damage.

archive quotes from old forum

''The barrels do 50% physical damage and 50% magical''
''You can obviously get 50% DR to reduce the physical damage. Magic resist % is harder to get. You can also get a lot of life.

But the best thing is to just avoid them.''

''One bomb in normal deals about 19k damage when I got 45%dr and 93% magic resistance.
SO I guess it has 25k physical damage and 25k magic damage
Magic resistance ceiling is 75%''

Not sure who wrote that, but that sounds like the description for old Witch Pounce, which did 50k Phys+50 Magic damage.

Regardless, it was absolutely possible to tank Dunc barrels in XVI. I did extensive testing in that patch, and even made a gear setup for my Melee Sorc specifically for the purpose of tanking barrels (I was new and that was the only way I could do Dunc back then). Not saying I might not be wrong, but all my testing showed it was 50k Magic damage, and nothing more.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
duncraig barrels are multi-hitting magic damage.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
L H wrote:duncraig barrels are multi-hitting magic damage.

I was quoting this:
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Barrels have always dealt 50k phys + 50k magic damage. They only hit once as long as you don't run in sync with the expanding explosion.

As you all know this damage can be avoided by perfect being, symbiosis, avoid on gear etc. What most probably don't know is that it can also be blocked. So a max block ssin with 80% avoid will only die once every 20 barrel hits on average.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
suchbalance wrote:Barrels have always dealt 50k phys + 50k magic damage. They only hit once as long as you don't run in sync with the expanding explosion.

As you all know this damage can be avoided by perfect being, symbiosis, avoid on gear etc. What most probably don't know is that it can also be blocked. So a max block ssin with 80% avoid will only die once every 20 barrel hits on average.

Good to know. Probably getting 100.001 life will do it
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
suchbalance wrote:Barrels have always dealt 50k phys + 50k magic damage. They only hit once as long as you don't run in sync with the expanding explosion.

Ooohhhh, I always thought I was desynced whenever I survived a barrel :D
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:If It's about tanking the barrels: If a minion is right between you and the barrel as it explodes, your minion will die instead of you. So having lots of summons can help you a lot in this place. Saved my ass many times with my summoner nec.

I was actually reffering to punishment turret's OP aura. Check it out ;-)