Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Dreamhunter wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:i am sorry , i did not mean to sound so harsh (i've been intensive testing assassins in the past 2 weeks and most of them are frustrating )....

Have you tried nagisin with bear stance? I'm having hard time with every single assassin build. It really needs a boost in terms of defence, seems like avoid is not enough. Assassin, as her name says is a freaky killer that stay in the shadows. This one dies all the time...
yes i have played around with Bear stance , it's a nice boost for a 2h build , but still not enough . unless the build has max block , or summons, or heavy reanimates , they are all squishy even at more than 60% avoid avoid and 50% damage reduction .

being a nagisin you got neither block or summons, so all your hope in better chances of survival are the reanimates / jump around with Shunpo .
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
IMO the killspeed is too low even with good items. A good geared trap rat should not kill faster than an endgame sin.
Superwicked1
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm not sure if this has been posted before.From what I've read xis rune words are in single player now.If so where do I farm the rune I know they are rare and want to make sure I'm farming the right spot
Thanks
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Superwicked1 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted before.From what I've read xis rune words are in single player now.If so where do I farm the rune I know they are rare and want to make sure I'm farming the right spot
Thanks

Yes. Firstly, they require lvl 121, so make sure you're able to get the exp to get to 121 first to equip it at all.

Secondly, make sure you prepare your item properly (create the superior base armor, reroll til 30-35ed and zero or max sockets, use oil of luck for 20ed and/or 1dr) but do NOT use mystic orbs on it, since the MO's would tack onto the lvl 121 requirement.

Other than that, you're going to want to be farming Teganze in the Torajan Jungle (when you enter the jungle, go down and right at your first intersection, stick to the right upper wall all the way til you see stone pillars that mark a new path. Take that path up/right and follow it all the way around to the right and down. You'll get to an area with a small bridge that walks you into a small little village with huts, and then opens up into the giant area of Teganze.

In there, there are little fetish looking guys that shoot elemental missiles at you (they have 1000% pierce, so stacking resist will be useless unless you manage 1000 all resist somehow -- absorb can help and max res will help a little bit in my experience). There are six types of elements (fire, poison, magic, stone, ice, and lightning). each has a chance to drop an essence of its own type or a primal runestone. these are low drop chances, so it may take a while to gather your first Xis (Magic Find does not affect these drops, but player count does, so if you're on single player, try upping the player count for more drops).

In order to make a Xis rune, you need elemental runes. Process:

1.) Cube Elemental Essence with Primal Runestone to create an elemental rune of that type.
2.) Gather one of each elemental rune in your cube.
3.) add one more blank Primal Runestone and cube all six runes + runestone = 1 Xis rune.

also to note about teganze: % leech does not work against these mobs. you'll need life/mana on striking, on kill, or on attack (if you're a melee character). Minions will help quite a bit in tanking incoming missiles and you'll likely have to do a lot of dodging if you don't have many minions.

Another note, if you're familiar with the fetish type monsters, the ones with the giant hats or whatever will respawn after a short time (marked by a thin red symbol after they die), so you could essentially run the entire area twice to clean up the respawned mobs if you really want to, otherwise just make a new game and farm it all again with full density.

Be aware somewhere in the center right of Teganze, you'll find Terul (chance to drop trader's chest charm) and Mbiwa Ekura (whatever tf the name is, where Zorun Tzin is located -- drops mystic shard for trader chest upgrade).

In the far bottom right of Teganze is the entrance to Ruins of Toraja.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Nitz wrote:IMO the killspeed is too low even with good items. A good geared trap rat should not kill faster than an endgame sin.

Exactly, it is an assassin after all, if not for farming then it should be the best boss killer. It looks like the only best thing an assassin could do is die...
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
assassin is very good at boss killing. but most boss killing happens with at least 250 sigs since the actual hard bosses where assassin shines are more endgame, where as early game bosses are usually fairly easy with all classes.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
L H wrote:assassin is very good at boss killing. but most boss killing happens with at least 250 sigs since the actual hard bosses where assassin shines are more endgame, where as early game bosses are usually fairly easy with all classes.

Aaaa there is the catch... (: Seriously, naginata tree should be much stronger, new skills perhaps... End game of course :flip:
miskov
Skeleton
2 | 0
can every amulet/ring be obtained through crafting rares into uniques?
if no, is there any point to collecting TU past some arcane crystal count?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
miskov wrote:can every amulet/ring be obtained through crafting rares into uniques?
if no, is there any point to collecting TU past some arcane crystal count?

no, only ones found in the tiered uniques list

arcane crystals are used to craft jewels
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge