Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
greywolfe1982 wrote:Having tons of trouble with the first level challenge with an iron spiral barb. Using http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18385 for a guide, have all of the suggested TU's at 3-4, but I'm getting wrecked. Can kill the mercenary guys fine, but Athulua just doesn't seem to take damage from me, and half the time I can't get close enough to hit her. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, something I'm missing? One issue I know about is very little of my gear is MO'd, but farming any substantial amount of gold is a huge pain, any rares only sell for ~1k at most. Other than that, I don't know what else to do, and I don't even seem to be close to killing her nevermind anything else in Tran Athulua

Tran Athulua and the priestesses are down from the waypoint, you should see it on the map. You're trying to do Athulua the goddess herself, which is a totally different uberquest.
greywolfe1982
Skeleton
2 | 0
HohoHaha wrote:
greywolfe1982 wrote:Having tons of trouble with the first level challenge with an iron spiral barb. Using http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18385 for a guide, have all of the suggested TU's at 3-4, but I'm getting wrecked. Can kill the mercenary guys fine, but Athulua just doesn't seem to take damage from me, and half the time I can't get close enough to hit her. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, something I'm missing? One issue I know about is very little of my gear is MO'd, but farming any substantial amount of gold is a huge pain, any rares only sell for ~1k at most. Other than that, I don't know what else to do, and I don't even seem to be close to killing her nevermind anything else in Tran Athulua

Tran Athulua and the priestesses are down from the waypoint, you should see it on the map. You're trying to do Athulua the goddess herself, which is a totally different uberquest.

Well uh...that would be an issue ;-| Figured with that name she opened a portal to it or something, haven't played since a lot of the uberquest changes.

Thanks for the reply, will give the actual challenge a shot and see where I get.

Edit - Oh god it was so easy.
Chatan00ga
Imp
4 | 0
I'm currently trying to do the trial of contrition on terror difficulty but learned I need to get a book from the summoner in act 2 and cube with my class charm to get the dark portal spell to summon king Koth. I don't seem to have the book and i went back and killed the summoner again and he didn't drop anything. Am i missing something?
vindog
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
the summoner drops the book in destruction difficulty, it shouldn't be too hard to get there, plus you can pick up the butchers charm en route!
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
can you get tribute set pieces by opening the special box?
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
No
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I was looking at the docs for 1.2, and I found out that that there are Monster tokens and Veteran tokens, when it used to be ''act boss tokens'' and ''veteran tokens''. Can anyone provide some insight for me of those ''monster tokens'' since I havent seen one yet and i dont really know what they do/add to the class charm?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Monster and veteran are the same thing, just worded weirdly in the docs. I think monster tokens used to be inclusive for both act boss and veterans, but act tokens were removed for signets in the jungle, so its only veteran now.
coennek
Thunder Beetle
52 | 2
hi. is casting quillstorm affected by fcr? and if so what are the breakpoints? cheers
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
coennek wrote:hi. is casting quillstorm affected by fcr?
no