MXL 1.2 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
Ran into an error while finding the right Tal Rasha dungeon in Hatred, fighting normally.

- Playing on TSW
- Running through the launcher
- Using no addons

Playing as a necromancer, using Pestilence and Boneyard, with Flayers summoned.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
When delusion is again lvl120(almost)and he streamed it all again from 1.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Poison Flash needs about twice the current radius. In TW form, you nearly have to teleport right on top of them to hit anything with it, plus the attack speed doesn't seem to let the actual psn flash spread to its full radius?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
feedback for the feedback thread :

i am updating my no.24 Mortred build - batstrike assassin . curent status : finished act 1 terror at level 81 , i've streamed the act 1 terror today . i haven't played her since XVI , so here it goes :

- the worst thing i can think about the new Batstrike is the fact that you don't see what stats your minion have . this should be a mandatory change for the next patch as you can't see their hp and damage progression /hard point , you also can't see how much your gear is boosting them . you can't see if it's worth investing more than 10 points into them , which is bad.

- the swirles you get around your character depending on how many charges you got are not visible in fights vs medium-big size packs . you are better off counting the hits in your head , which sometimes gets you wrong since the attack speed of the claw is high and you can very easy mistake 2 charges with 3 and so on .

- the radius of the first charge should not scale with hard points . it can just be kept at a constant 1 screen radius , as at this point it doesn't make much sense not using Noctule instead , at least for the early part of the game where the radius of the first charge is just too small and unefficient.

- same goes for the third charge . you must hit 3 times with it then release with normal attack , so you must do 4 (succesfull) hits in total for something that hits a small area . compared with using Noctule , it takes a lot more to apply the damage and kill a screen full of enemies . Noctule does the job a few times faster ... maby give the third charge a much higher aoe since it requires so many hits

- again about the Familiars , their number can also be increased to 15 or 20 , and if possible to summon 2 or 3 (or 5) of them per charge release . they feel like doing crap damage even with dedicated gear and maxed ways . i could be doing better off without them so far since they did not help me at all . they actualy slowed me down since resummoning them takes some time . i always tend to keep them all summoned but they feel like doing nothing , besides the fact that they are not enough to provide a decent meatshield . i was considering using some extra reanimates for this , but then again , why not just skip those familiars ?

- about Noctule : it eats way too much mana . the mana cost can be cut down in half , at least . the builds needs tons of MoA /mana leech/mana after kill in order to keep the mana bulb full.

so you're stuck between a skill that eats too much mana and a skill that is not very efficient .

my 2 cents so far
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Nearly all builds should be reworked, everyone is playing holy melee or melee barbarian. No need to nerf them, just make other builds stronger. Just my opinion.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
again about the Batstrike assassin , curent progress level 88 in act 3 terror prepairing for LC2 (rushed trough act2 to prevent overleveling) :

- i have equipped a Chorozon with +7 to ice elementals for some tests : Each elemental has about 3.8khp and around 200 damage , with 2.8 k attack rating , this while having 3x honorifics with 40% minion life and 20% minion resist each (not mo'ed yet for extra minion damage)

they seam crapy in every way : hp is low , the damage is low , the attack rating is low . But even so , they survive better than the maxed Familiars (got 14 heavy points invested into batstrike and maxed PB + ways . i could have stoped at 10 hard points , but i hoped the extra points will mean something and the familiars will get some important boost . they don't) and they also seam to deal more damage .

how is this possible ? are the Familiars bugged and the PB+ Ways do not apply? because that' is how it feels . i have streamed the testing around this yesterday and the viewers had the same impression that the Familiars are crapyer than the already crapy elementals + you can have 15 elementals instead , while the familiars are caped to 10 , and it takes just a few seconds to summon the whole elementals army , compared to succesfuly releasing the second charge to summon 1 familiar/charge .

if the familiars are worse than oskill elementals ,there's clearly a problem .

Batstrike realy needs to be looked at in the next patch as it is not working well .

i'm putting the updates to the build to a halt here untill it gets fixed as it's no point in struggling to make it work because it just doesn't. Will probably do a new build for noctule instead , without bothering to get any summons .
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
there's no need for Dbaal to be this annoying imo, cow level is the easiest uber and locking it behind a boss that's not doable until later makes no sense. remove him spawning act bosses and it will still be challenging but reasonable for the final boss in the regular game.
Dominusignis
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I just had a game closing on me because the time limit was reached (i was for the first time in yshari sanctum and it took me a while to even get through everything). I was in the middle of bashing baal and then the game closed . This is REALLY annoying to dedicate a huge chunck of time to do this uber and to have such a mechanic screwing everything up.
Isn't it possible to increase the warning time to 2-5min and give the player the chance to keep the game open by typing some command? To close a game on an AFK player may be great, but if there is activity why does the game get terminated anyways?
I am really frustrated right now (sorry) due to this unfortunate event.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Maybe this belongs in SQT instead of here, but I thought a dev would have a better answer.

For Sorc's Wraithsword skill, how are it's flat damage bonuses per skill point factored into the total damage output calculation?

For example, if I'm doing 4102-8308 total damage (with 1155% EWD from gear+Charms and +410% Phys Damage from Baneblade), and I put 1 more point into Wraithsword (which gave an additional 1-2 damage), why does the total damage output only increase by that 1-2 points (to 4103-8310)?
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Dominusignis wrote:I just had a game closing on me because the time limit was reached (i was for the first time in yshari sanctum and it took me a while to even get through everything). I was in the middle of bashing baal and then the game closed . This is REALLY annoying to dedicate a huge chunck of time to do this uber and to have such a mechanic screwing everything up.

I understand that it sucks when that happens after so long time spend, but game life is set to 6 hours - is that really not enough or were you doing other things before you started yshari?

Dominusignis wrote:Isn't it possible to increase the warning time to 2-5min

Not easily (=not by me) - it's hardcoded in D2GS, so whist would have to do some core edits. But seems like a good idea.

Dominusignis wrote:and give the player the chance to keep the game open by typing some command? To close a game on an AFK player may be great, but if there is activity why does the game get terminated anyways?

That would be much harder than just increasing timer so I don't think it will be a priority for some time, but again, it's up to whist...
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)