Suggestion: Speed up crafting

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I just spent hours crafting items. I would rather be playing the game. So my suggestion is this:

1. Reduce shrine drop rates and
    2. Change effect of shrines to give good stats more often.

So if a shrine gives 4-15% of X, make it, say, 12-15%. If it gives +(3-5) barb skills then make it give +5 and have that occur more frequently.
That way we get the right roll sooner when crafting, but we need to spend more time finding shrines to do the crafting.

I also got RSI when crafting, so if you don't make the above change then please have the transmuted item appear right above the transmute button - having to move the mouse repeatedly to the corner of the cube area and back to the button seems to be the biggest cause of tendon strain.
I realise the transmute may be D2 code that can't be changed, but if I don't ask it won't happen.

Just constructive feedback, hope it's read as that.

P.S. What happened with the Blizzard partnership that was mentioned a while back? You developers all away making D4 now? :)
Liberec1234
Prowler
19 | 1
We have Diablo 3 already. We don't need another one.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Liberec1234 wrote:We have Diablo 3 already. We don't need another one.
Diablo 3 is rubbish in my view. Its atmosphere feels like Tom 'n' Jerry compared to previous versions.

I was not entirely serious as I hoped the emoticon would suggest. It is not up to either of us though, but the part that was serious was based on the reported advertisements by Blizzard for people to work on a project that sounds like it must be D4. If that's true then D4 is on the way whether we like it or not.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You can always use d2clicker. Its on the bottom of the tools page.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I think that it would be better to improve the crafting recipe... Shrine vessels should contain the number of charges instead of the number of shrines. Then we could just craft with the vessel + rare item without having to exit the cube and put in a new shrine each time.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
- A hotkey for the transmute button has been added
- Ctrl+click to move item from inventory to cube or from cube to inventory has been implemented

and I have a few more QoL ideas like these coming.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Don't we have multiple suggestion threads already?
krys
Rust Claw
81 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
for now you can use some QoL tools to make crafting easier - d2qol from ryunp or my tool (not so nice, but has more shortcuts/helpers)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
+skills isn‘t a prefix from shrines, it‘s an affix on items. Change that to a static max +skills and there won‘t be the need to craft for many builds.

Compared to earlier versions of the game, shrine drop rates has already been significantly reduced. They are fine the way they are.

The crafting system in general is something out of the ordinary in mxl. It‘s so great because you can get nearly any item (except SU‘s) from a magical item. It‘s one of the 2 features I like the most in this game. Crafting is a heavy part of the game. If you don‘t like it, move over to some shitty Asian mmorpg, where your item is destroyed if it fails to upgrade.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:+skills isn‘t a prefix from shrines, it‘s an affix on items. Change that to a static max +skills and there won‘t be the need to craft for many builds.

I think you are misunderstanding my meaning. I did not suggest that +skills is from shrines. What I suggested is that the desirable mods (which are known) appear more often so the crafting time is reduced. Not only the mods from the shrine but all the desirable mods. And I also suggested to offset that by reducing the drop rate of shrines so that the the current overall balance is maintained.

HechtHeftig wrote:They are fine the way they are.
That's an opinion rather than a fact. My view is different.

HechtHeftig wrote:The crafting system in general is something out of the ordinary in mxl. It‘s so great because you can get nearly any item (except SU‘s) from a magical item. It‘s one of the 2 features I like the most in this game. Crafting is a heavy part of the game. If you don‘t like it, move over to some shitty Asian mmorpg, where your item is destroyed if it fails to upgrade.
Or - I could stay. And propose changes.