Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Freykin wrote:A small update:

I’m now level 120, in Act 2 Destruction. I managed to get the charm from The Butcher, but have put the Infernal
Machine on hold as it was getting frustrating. I’ve now got my full mid game set together! Looking forward to reaching Teganzhe and seeing how tough it is to start rying to farm all these xis runes, along with taking on more challenges.
you should get at least half the charms before attempting Teganze , as the fight gets serious in there :)

if the Infernal Machine seamed hard , it's no use thinking about Teganze yet .

good luck !
Freykin
Prowler
17 | 2
Is there an order you’d recommend for the charms? I feel very fragile against anything that does physical damage, especially if it can get around my skeletons. I know two pieces of end game gear have damage reduction, but one is definitely far away as it takes six xis runes.

Damage overall feels fine; I need to get more fire damage/pierce as bosses take quite a while. For example, Radament took over a minute of just holding down Flame Strike on him.

For the midgame weapon, what base should I use? For jewels I’ve for now got some placeholders tossed in, while working on getting some decent zod crafts.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
regarding the mid game weapons you should stick to using Marrow staffs as they require STR to wear . the other options require dexterity and you can't waste points there (t6 is enough , you don't have to go for sacreds) . for the sockets you can get zod crafted jewels .

make use of that Blast wave as often as you can as that will keep you safer by knocking back the opponents when things get hard .

iirc Randamet has a chance to avoid , so it is not unusual to take longer to kill than expected , as some of the flamestrikes are not damaging him . Duriel usualy dies faster .

about the charms/ubers with this build , you should first get those : Butcher , Creature of flame , Death projector , tal rasha , rathma square , khalimgrad , infernal machine , king koth , Iotss , cathedral of vanity , jitan , akarat , legacy of blood , azmodan , judgement day , tran athula , (maby quov also)

they should be quite accesible with just mid game gear , then you should be ready to attempt Teganze . for most of the other ubers you will need extra signets eaten and at least
Ra (Xis)
and
Ladon (Xis)
equiped from the end game gear parts .

good luck !
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Alright, so I hit clvl 116 and killed T-Baal with ol' Rooftrellen. Merc helped a lot and my gear is pretty much fully orbed (though I still have a lot of MO space on some pieces). I tried K3K again. I can clear about half the map thanks to my merc, but it's painfully slow. I can't get close to the Necromancers b/c the double Slow from Miasma and their curse basically guarantees death. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to farm K3K for Shrines without Mid-Game gear (I can't imagine another 4 clvls would make that much difference at this point). Tbh, I'm just really frustrated right now.

Oh, and death taking gold from the Stash is so much bullshit. Seriously, why is that a thing?

Also not sure why Early-Game Skillplan calls for putting points into Mythal instead of maxing TW Form, Elfin Weapons, Idol, and/or Circle of Life. I haven't been using Mythal or Wildfire b/c no Phys-immunes, so I'm genuinely curious if I totally missed something about that.

Edit:
Hit clvl 120. Ended up just grinding Worldstone Keep/Antechamber/Baal minions since it was faster and easier. Even found a Rare Sacred War Axe. Will keep slow-grinding K3K hoping to find a Creepy Shrine.

Also, the addition of Pagan Rites helped quite a bit. Saved my ass more than a few times.
Edited by Solfege 6 years.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Solfege wrote:Alright, so I hit clvl 116 and killed T-Baal with ol' Rooftrellen. Merc helped a lot and my gear is pretty much fully orbed (though I still have a lot of MO space on some pieces). I tried K3K again. I can clear about half the map thanks to my merc, but it's painfully slow. I can't get close to the Necromancers b/c the double Slow from Miasma and their curse basically guarantees death. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to farm K3K for Shrines without Mid-Game gear (I can't imagine another 4 clvls would make that much difference at this point). Tbh, I'm just really frustrated right now.

Oh, and death taking gold from the Stash is so much bullshit. Seriously, why is that a thing?

Also not sure why Early-Game Skillplan calls for putting points into Mythal instead of maxing TW Form, Elfin Weapons, Idol, and/or Circle of Life. I haven't been using Mythal or Wildfire b/c no Phys-immunes, so I'm genuinely curious if I totally missed something about that.

Whole guide is pointless. Tree is capped @ 7fpa on main swing animation meaning u can get like 2 out of 10 ravage hits.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
The frames necessary for attacks while in treewarden form depend on the attack in being used. Some use the big arm(7fpa) and others use small(5fpa). Ravage uses the small arm, but is not using the 5fpa animation. I checked briefly using OBS and it kinda looks like Ravage swings every other frame. If it was 2/10 we would know about it by now.

The skillplan and gear combination don't look that great though.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Solfege wrote:Alright, so I hit clvl 116 and killed T-Baal with ol' Rooftrellen. Merc helped a lot and my gear is pretty much fully orbed (though I still have a lot of MO space on some pieces). I tried K3K again. I can clear about half the map thanks to my merc, but it's painfully slow. I can't get close to the Necromancers b/c the double Slow from Miasma and their curse basically guarantees death. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to farm K3K for Shrines without Mid-Game gear (I can't imagine another 4 clvls would make that much difference at this point). Tbh, I'm just really frustrated right now.
you must be doing something wrong here . i have found it perfectly doable at /players 1 and early game gear , i have tested it again when you have complained about it the first time

here's how i did it : kill the very few skeletons close to the entrance -> rush straight to the top right totem using the Idol for more FRW and defence (zig-zag-ing trough the packs of skeletons on the way ) -> destroy the totem with Wildfire if there are some skeletons around /only use Ravege on it if they are no skeletons very close so that you focust the damage just on the totem -> use the idol again for more FRW and defence and go to the top right necro and kill him asap in order to prevent him to cast more miasmas , than take care of the skeletons around -> kill the other totems protecting the skeletons in that area and wipe them skeletons out . Use the idol again and rush to bottom right where the necro has no totem protection and kill him first , then the rest of the skeletons around -> go for the rest of the totems guarding that area and wipe the skeletons after -> go back towards the center of the map and take care of the remaining totems and skeletons from that area -> then go to the bottom left side of the map and destroy the remaining totems -> kill the necro then all the rest of the skeletons .

the bottom left i consider to be the most painful part but since you get the body back in town it's not such a hard spot . you need about 10-15 full runs to get some ok-ish crafts . once you get 2 or 3 crafts on + the shield it will become a lot easier as the base defence will be increased a lot -> you will get hit less and the farming gets easy . you don't have to get the proc(s) from the first rolls , you can just replace the early game gear with the crafts untill you can farm more shrines and only then focus on better rolls/ getting the procs .

i wish you luck for finding the Marchosias pieces

Solfege wrote:Also not sure why Early-Game Skillplan calls for putting points into Mythal instead of maxing TW Form, Elfin Weapons, Idol, and/or Circle of Life.
what are you talking about mate ? they are all maxed in early game . Mythal is boosting your fire damage while switching to use Wildfire . why would you not want it to deal more damage ?

smartasss wrote:Whole guide is pointless. Tree is capped @ 7fpa on main swing animation meaning u can get like 2 out of 10 ravage hits.
you have no idea what you're talking about
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Let's not forget that on TSW, the maps change a bit.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@Chuck

Yeah, it's b/c I can't use Wildfire for Totems. No Phys-immunity = No Wildfire, b/c rules. It's fine though. I'll find a way to manage with Ravage.

Regarding Early-Game Skillplan, Early-Game must end at clvl 90 then. If so, then yeah, Early-Game Skillplan is fine. I was under the impression Early-Game ended somewhere between clvl 90 and 120, when the player got their Mid-Game gear.

My post was probably saltier than it should have been. My frustration with my lack of understanding was compounded by the fact I kept getting dc'd from TSW and kicked back to the login screen. I considered just deleting the post when I edited it, but it was 4 am and I had no more fucks to give at that point.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Solfege wrote:Yeah, it's b/c I can't use Wildfire for Totems. No Phys-immunity = No Wildfire, b/c rules
i'm sorry about that . i wish that rule wasn't so absurd and that builds could be played as they where meant .

good luck !