Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey guys, just found the last piece of Adria's poison sorceress set and going to reroll my soc for psn one. What is the best secondary spell tree/support to invest points? I was going to choose cold tree, for armour buff, cold skills and cold minions? Suggestions?
coennek
Thunder Beetle
52 | 2
i enjoy cold/poison very much. i go full minionlife jewels. 20 pts lorenado 25 familiar 20 blade spirit max snow queen 20 ie 1 in chronofield. leftover frigid sphere. sit behind minions and spam lorenado :)
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah, probably Cold.

Your personal defense isn't going to be much different between Lightning and Cold trees, so it's just a question of whether you want the 18% Avoid from Warp Armor or %DR and more meatshields from IE. With Fire, you get Flamestrike, but Living Flame is a garbage passive compared to Lightning or Cold passives. Both the Life boost and the regen rate are way too low to matter.
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Yeah preety much I think same with cold tree, is it worth to invest in other psn spell like arachnomancy or go full Loreando? Also, cant trust only poison spell, what is the second source of dmg for psn immunes? Frigid sphere seems weak and only use for synergis with ice elementals so? Arcane torrent maybe?
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello!
Can somebody help me with d2clicker ?
I follow every guide i found, and it works but not properly, except alt+y continius crafting , and taking shrines from the stash.
I replaced the shrines with the old skin, still nothing.

My source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1uGuWQm2mQ
But i understand nothing from it...

Thank you.
Fappesaft
Imp
4 | 0
I've run into a little problem, i'm lvl 78 and I've just started act 2 on terror, so obviously i'm not going to reach the second level challenge before i over-level. I've read that i can use offline tools to freeze xp or just down-level. But every time i try to load a save it just stops responding, does it not support the latest median version? Also what do people do with stash now that plugy doesn't work with the latest median version?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ixvid_ wrote:Yeah preety much I think same with cold tree, is it worth to invest in other psn spell like arachnomancy or go full Loreando? Also, cant trust only poison spell, what is the second source of dmg for psn immunes? Frigid sphere seems weak and only use for synergis with ice elementals so? Arcane torrent maybe?

I think just one or the other is fine. For alt damage, Abyss, Frigid Sphere, or Arcane Torrent are all fine for regular mobs (and Immersion works well too if your Mana pool is empty). For tougher enemies, I'd just swap in a Hailstorm ammy. It's such a great skill.

Fappesaft wrote:I've run into a little problem, i'm lvl 78 and I've just started act 2 on terror, so obviously i'm not going to reach the second level challenge before i over-level. I've read that i can use offline tools to freeze xp or just down-level. But every time i try to load a save it just stops responding, does it not support the latest median version? Also what do people do with stash now that plugy doesn't work with the latest median version?

Nah, you should be fine w/o offline tools (you have until clvl 90). You'll gain some levels in the Sewers, but your level progression will slow down once you leave town (make sure you're playing on P1). You can basically ignore all the enemies in the desert and you can teleport through all of the palace areas w/o fighting a single enemy (except maybe the last level).

And PlugY does work with M2017. But you have to use it with D2SE.
Fappesaft
Imp
4 | 0
Solfege wrote:
ixvid_ wrote:Yeah preety much I think same with cold tree, is it worth to invest in other psn spell like arachnomancy or go full Loreando? Also, cant trust only poison spell, what is the second source of dmg for psn immunes? Frigid sphere seems weak and only use for synergis with ice elementals so? Arcane torrent maybe?

I think just one or the other is fine. For alt damage, Abyss, Frigid Sphere, or Arcane Torrent are all fine for regular mobs (and Immersion works well too if your Mana pool is empty). For tougher enemies, I'd just swap in a Hailstorm ammy. It's such a great skill.

Fappesaft wrote:I've run into a little problem, i'm lvl 78 and I've just started act 2 on terror, so obviously i'm not going to reach the second level challenge before i over-level. I've read that i can use offline tools to freeze xp or just down-level. But every time i try to load a save it just stops responding, does it not support the latest median version? Also what do people do with stash now that plugy doesn't work with the latest median version?

Nah, you should be fine w/o offline tools (you have until clvl 90). You'll gain some levels in the Sewers, but your level progression will slow down once you leave town (make sure you're playing on P1). You can basically ignore all the enemies in the desert and you can teleport through all of the palace areas w/o fighting a single enemy (except maybe the last level).

And PlugY does work with M2017. But you have to use it with D2SE.

I've tried about 4 times installing Plugy with D2SE, fresh install every time. Followed guides as well as done it by myself. It works with the older median version but never with the latest one. Also downloaded an older version 1.12(i think) since you can't patch down anymore with the download you get from battlenet. I always though the second level challenge was lvl80. Guess i'm safe. Thanks for replying
Fappesaft
Imp
4 | 0
I actually got plugy to work, i remember having the same problem a couple of years back.I had japanese locale. Switched it back to norwegian and now plugy works.
Chrysamere
Pit Knight
100 | 0
Hi

I'm bower druid, using cascade, have a "fast attack speed" bow
My gear gives me 100% attack speed.

If i put in 14x additional Sha runes to get additional 210% attack speed it makes 0 difference.

I saw this post
http://www.medianxl.com/t5893-speed-mec ... -speedcalc

does it mean it makes no sense to get ias above 125%?