Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yes, that. Thanks Scarlet.

Carnage is a good 1-pt skill and only benefit is gaining attack rating (which we don't need since we are dex-based anyways). AH will become your main attack skill later on, but keep Carnage on hotkey for life leech since AH deals no physical damage (it won't leech without physical damage), whereas Carnage deals a pretty high amount on the %WDM. You'd be able to leech to full near instantly with it. Early game, it your main skill, and later on, it becomes a useful sustain tool.
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Stupid question. Is this build still viable? Im assuming/hope it is
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
It is
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ntf1015 wrote:Stupid question. Is this build still viable? Im assuming/hope it is

Hecht said. It should be fine. Some ubers might be altered given the change in patches this season and upcoming next season, but besides that, should be fine.
MorKs
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I switched from Chuck's Earthshaker mid-game build to this one's mid-game build and my character is now way worse. IDK what I'm doing wrong....
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
define worse, idk.

it's hard to be worse than a chuck build, so you'll need to give more information about where you're struggling.
MorKs
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aero wrote:define worse, idk.

it's hard to be worse than a chuck build, so you'll need to give more information about where you're struggling.

Not home ATM, so can't show stats, but I'll try to explain as much as I can.

1. Damage output is significantly worse. I went from 4k WD to around 1K, and that's including all my active/passive skills. I do hit enemies as hard, but it feels like it doesn't get as much AoE as I used to have with Pestilence.

2. Defense went up like crazy (from like 60k to 350k), but I got barely no life leech now. Before, I struggled cause I couldn't keep up with enemies. Even though my Life leech was great, enemies hit harder. Now, it's even worse. No life leech means I can kill about 10 mobs in Act IV Destruction before getting bodied gradually and losing without being able to leech. I figure I can simply reset my mystic orbs with an offline tool to give myself more leech, but what purpose does it have if I can't do enough damage?

3. I feel like I have to play cat and mouse to get a minimum of survivability. The reason I started Melee Necro was to compensate from the fact I was playing range with my Unholy Pal. I wanted to be able to rush through ememies, hit hard and life leech hard. I don't feel like I'm getting to my goal with this build, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I'm sure you've put a lot of time in this build and I appreciate that, but I followed everything in your guide for mid-game and I feel lost. I'm not sure how I can save it, except maybe going back to Chuck's build, which I kept the items just in case.

Thanks for taking the time to read and help me Aero. This game's dope and I respect your work on this build
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
damage output is going to look worse because earthshaker is all poison damage, is it not? that's shown wrong in the sheet.

life leech will come frmo jewels and maybe mystic orbs. ancients hand doesn't leech because its full conversion to fire damage and you need physical damage to leech:

Aero wrote:Gameplay

Gameplay will remain the same as we have been doing all game with just one more addition. You'll have access to Ancients' Hand now (if you didn't already), which will destroy single targets and most enemies that aren't fire immune. The main issue with Ancients' Hand is that its 100% physical conversion to fire. In most cases, this is a great thing. What makes it bad is that you no longer deal physical damage with that skill, which means you can't leech with it. Carnage, on the other hand, is 100% WDM and only 30% conversion to fire damage. You can almost instantly leech back to full health in a small mob of enemies with Carnage.

It's generally hard to just respec skills and expect everything to work the same as another build. you need to re-invest in gear and make sure you're stacking the proper stats to survive and do damage. this build is fire and physical, so you'll need fire pierce for optimum damage output, especially for ancients hand since its all fire (carnage is also part fire and you have dragonfire oil sill for more fire dmg to weapon)
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Have some recomendations to fill with in gearing late game section. Equip all parts of zacarum fire set - "Cowboys from hell" (ultimative old name) Left Hellspeak head - its just the best. All is left to craft Ancient hand Fascinating necro dagger with as much damage as possible, if you luckie to roll about 400 total damage, you could MO free space with deadly strike. It will trigger before ancient hand transfer phys dame to fire and it double your output damage. None immune bosses dies like flies.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:Have some recomendations to fill with in gearing late game section. Equip all parts of zacarum fire set - "Cowboys from hell" (ultimative old name) Left Hellspeak head - its just the best. All is left to craft Ancient hand Fascinating necro dagger with as much damage as possible, if you luckie to roll about 400 total damage, you could MO free space with deadly strike. It will trigger before ancient hand transfer phys dame to fire and it double your output damage. None immune bosses dies like flies.

Yea, I haven't put much into this with sigma coming up, I'd like to go back and update some things in it since melee nec seems to be more favored towards dagger these days. Didn't test with Zakarum set (also, its not cowboys set, that's the MNX Henchmen set). This Zakarum set used to be called All Is One, but its very good for this setup, except the helmet costs a ton of strength to equip, so you lose a bit of dex there, but might be worth it. I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the tips