d2qol 1.5.0 - Quality of Life Utility

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Use d2clicker then. You can set the stats you want to find in that program. It requires admin mode too if I remember correctly.

As for why a program needs admin rights:
► Show Spoiler

(source: https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/ ... tor-rights Took me 10 seconds to google)

I guess the reason is point 5 in case of fan-created tools (Heck, it's even the case for diablo 2 itself). Anyway, you're right to be sceptical about programs you don't know anything about, that's why I usully wait for people to try out new tools before I use them. D2 clicker and d2qol have been around for quite some time already and there is no reason to be concerned, else the modders would've taken counter-measures as in closing the threads and taking them down from the tools list (d2clicker is in it at least). Never tried out d2qol, so I can't say anything about it, but d2clicker definitely doesn't contain any viruses or anything of that sort.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Grasshopper wrote:This tool was recommended to me a while back for crafting. However I do not think it is right for my use case.

I can see it would be useful if I were making say 500 of something where none of the ingredients were ever re-used.

What I want to do is to roll 2 swords looking for particular modifiers. So it needs to know what is an acceptable roll and stop. I don't see any way to configure it to do that on the screenshots in the OP. Some other posts suggest there may be a way to do it via regex but that's going to take some time to get working.

Also when I downloaded it I was concerned - because of course it is a risk to d/l exe files to a computer from unknown sources. When it said I had to run it as administrator... then I stopped. That is too much. Why does it need administrator privileges?

My opinion is that I would rather see the game adjust crafting times than have to use external tools in this way.

I don't understand. The program is open sourced; you can literally read the source code and compile it yourself, if you're so afraid. You're at more risk by using Facebook and installing mobile phone apps than this. There's plenty of programs requiring admin access, even big name companies/games (which should worry you far more than this).

Yes, it would be ideal if crafting was less tedious but not easy. We are working towards that, but it's not an easy thing since the D2 engine is limited. In Sigma it's probably going to be easier.

@ryunp: As for reading the modifiers, maybe you can hijack some of kyromyr's code from D2Stats to read the item stats?
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Grasshopper wrote:However I do not think it is right for my use case.

What I want to do is to roll 2 swords looking for particular modifiers ... I don't see any way to configure it to do that on the screenshots in the OP. Some other posts suggest there may be a way to do it via regex but that's going to take some time to get working.

The source code is available at the Github link, you are more than welcome to modify the utility as you please. I'm sure other people would be interested in a fully automated crafting bot as well.

Grasshopper wrote:Also when I downloaded it I was concerned - because of course it is a risk to d/l exe files to a computer from unknown sources. When it said I had to run it as administrator... then I stopped. That is too much. Why does it need administrator privileges?

So, Median XL is willingly excluded from DEP monitoring, yet this 2KB open source click-on-command utility suddenly raises security concerns? Sure why not.

HechtHeftig wrote:Use d2clicker then. You can set the stats you want to find in that program. It requires admin mode too if I remember correctly.

As for why a program needs admin rights:
5. Legacy or Poorly Coded Software: some applications simply require administrator rights to run normally.

Definitely Poorly Coded Software. :P
Any process that uses API calls to interact with another process requires equal or higher system credentials.
Edited by ryunp 5 years.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
HechtHeftig wrote:(source: https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/ ... tor-rights Took me 10 seconds to google)

You SEEM to be saying that the exe file is an installer and you also seem to assume that I knew that (iirc for at least some of the other tools used in MXL, the exe we download is the program itself).

@Quirinus - I can read the code? Well yes... if I had lots and lots of time, perhaps I could do that. I happen to have technical skills but many people will not of course - and I certainly don't want to spend my free time reading code.

As you say, the d2 engine causes limitations and I realise that limits what you guys can achieve, but I don't know what they are so as a player all I can do is to point out where I think things might be better and (if people agree) then they either can or cannot change it.

As ever, I am not trying to be confrontational. :)

@ ryunp "So, Median XL is willingly excluded from DEP monitoring, yet this 2KB open source click-on-command utility suddenly raises security concerns? Sure why not."
Yes why not indeed. I have no idea of the size of the utility, nor should I need to care. The click on demand aspect does not seem to make it more secure - for example email attachments need to be clicked by the user before they can run.

The technical issues are becoming a bit of a distraction thought - the key point is that this was suggested as a utility that solved the crafting problem in another thread and it's not doing that for important types of crafting we have to do. in this case, shrine crafting where you need to assess the output before deciding to re-roll or not.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Grasshopper wrote:...

Thanks for shitting all over this thread. It had a nice ratio of staying-on-topic for a while.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
People like you ruin these forums. Is your position so weak that it cannot stand debate?
You cannot bear constructive feedback on your software and the game in general? And you think it's ok to be downright rude and use foul language.

I see I also got down-voted to negative during these discussions which means now I can't even return the favour. Not that it matters for me - I won't waste any more time on here. This game's got stale for me anyway. Goodbye.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
>this thread
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Back on topic people. Nothing to see here.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Are there any plans you have for future updates ryunp? :) I use this prog every time I play!
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Muilpeer wrote:Are there any plans you have for future updates ryunp? :) I use this prog every time I play!

No major feature upgrades are being worked on at the moment. I did experiment with image matching for locating items, parsing item data from d2stats, and other misc behavior. Not exactly sure where I was going with the functionality, but it was initially aimed at automation with rerolling. My time lately has been split between the Crafting Compendium and Chuck Challenge (ripx1000). The bulk of Compendium is finished, and Chuck Challenge is almost through, so should have more time to play with d2qol.

Although I have been thinking of creating an intro to AutoHotKey programming thread. A few people have expressed interest in the idea. I feel this may be a more effective use of my time with so many changes coming with Sigma. Heck, that way I'll just outsource updates for d2qol to you guys! :P