Median XL Offline Tools v0.6.4

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
jawsh wrote:after stat reset got "Character has a bad header" error, tried to restore my old saves but my stash got destroyed -_-

backup stash file couldn't have been destroyed... Could you send me your broken saves?
romanN1 wrote:0.4.4 worked on win10 x64, 0.4.5 not working anymore. getting a background process COM Surogate and nthing happens

no idea why it happens, to be honest, I haven't changed anything in my build setup / COM related code.

So it crashes immediately on launch? Could you try running with admin rights / in compatibility mode?
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tried. nothing works. tried all compatibilities. and admin rights...
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Probably the new version fucks up with it? Dunno.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Veev
Destroyer
6 | 2
jawsh wrote:after stat reset got "Character has a bad header" error, tried to restore my old saves but my stash got destroyed -_-

This happened to me before after I had removed mystic orbs from items in my Shared Stash. After the new file from kambala this no longer happens. Not sure if that was your issue (maybe stat reset + MO removal?), but perhaps this new file will help you, too.
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I just got a corrupt save file. My character (named Vanessa) was fine until last night, but today said character are disappeared on the character screen, while all other character got bad header error.
► Show Spoiler

I open the save folder and the data are still there, and when I try to open it from offline tools i got this error.
► Show Spoiler

I'm playing singleplayer using D2SE+plugy, I tried to move the save file to the save folder on the launcher and it also not appeared. I also try to move out the plugy stash file and all my character no longer got the bad header error, except this one still not appearing on the character screen. Any way to bypass this wrong file signature error?

Last thing I remember about said character is I was killing summoner on act 2 dest, cube the dark portal and class charm, enter act 3, and farming on K3BA for several runs. Also several days ago I do remove mystic orb from this character.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
so the character became broken randomly, the previous time you had played with it just fine? Or it got corrupted right after using MXLOT?

did you experience power outage or BSOD or unexpected PC restart? This is the most common reason for having 0x0 file signature. Most probably your d2s file contains only zeros: open it with a notepad and check if it appears completely empty. If yes, then you can only restore your character from backup.
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
Yes pretty much randomly because last night I also had crash when entering K3BA and D2 got ctd, but after that I open D2 again and my char is still there.

No sudden shut down/restart experienced. The corruption is also not after using the offline tools. If you mean backup as the .bak file, I also tried change the file to .d2s, my char appeared but got bad header error too, even with no plugy stash file.

I will try to see on notepad as soon as i go back home.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
while all other character got bad header error.

sorry, didn't notice this first. This means that your shared stash file (_LOD_SharedStashSave.sss) is broken. If it's not empty (open it also with notepad), then you can send it to me and I'll try to fix.
Alistair
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi,
I have a problem with the shared stash as well. Sorting the shared stash causes a bad header error when I try to enter the game.
Sorting the personal stash works just fine, though.

Do you have an idea what could be causing this? My _LOD_SharedStashSave.sss file is not empty when I open it with a text editor, there's just some random gibberish in there.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just found out how to do it properly! After sorting the stash I always had a first blank page which I simply had to delete. That fixed it.